Vita slim sold well last week

#1andizzle29662Posted 5/15/2014 5:05:12 PM
According to VGchartz( don't shoot me), Vita sold around 42,000 units! That's not bad, especially since BL2 got critically panned. I hope Vita can atleast sell 100k this month, to jump start the platform.
---
Most WANTED: Zelda WiiU, Infamous second son, MLB 14, Mario kart 8, Smash bros, Kirby, X, yarn yoshi, halo 5, the order 1888, god of war collection vita
#2DashingfellaPosted 5/15/2014 5:06:09 PM
When is NPD?
#3joegt123Posted 5/15/2014 5:07:20 PM
Problem with that notion is that because bl2 critically panned, sales will most likely slow back down drastically.

They need more and better bundles with more system colors.
---
"It was not for quiet complacence he was given the name of 'Thunder God'."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#4SonytendoPosted 5/15/2014 5:07:46 PM
Dashingfella posted...
When is NPD?

Today
#5hustlin_pimpstePosted 5/15/2014 5:16:26 PM(edited)
Bundling the Slim with the badly received BL2 is not going to help the Vita at all in medium or long term. They should make sure any game that is officially bundled is Grade A quality, but like others have pointed out around here, Sony have bundled some highly mediocre games with the Vita since day one.

EDIT: Although they did do a Tearaway bundle and that game was of very high quality, I guess.
---
Currently playing: Games
My rig: PC and monitor
#6andizzle29662(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2014 5:16:08 PM
hustlin_pimpste posted...
Bundling the Slim with the badly received BL2 is not going to help the Vita at all in medium or long term. They should make sure any game that is officially bundled is Grade A quality, but like others have pointed out around here, Sony have bundled some highly mediocre games with the Vita since day one.

That's the truth! Why not a bundle with Uncharted GA? Or a Killzone Mercenary bundle. If I were Sony, I would make a Vita Pets bundle to attract some younger gamers too.
---
Most WANTED: Zelda WiiU, Infamous second son, MLB 14, Mario kart 8, Smash bros, Kirby, X, yarn yoshi, halo 5, the order 1888, god of war collection vita
#7SandslashedPosted 5/15/2014 5:19:17 PM
The minecraft bundle in the winter is probably the Vita's last chance.
It's a sad situation to be honest. The Vita has plenty of games other handheld gamers would be interested in but the memory card prices ruin it.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2595 - 0912 - 2733
#8Lucretia_MercesPosted 5/15/2014 5:24:16 PM
A Vita Pets bundle is a good idea. Special Edition 2000/Slim with paw prints on the rear touch would be a nifty idea. It would appeal to both younger and more casual demographics.

Regarding the NPD, the Vita sales for the month of April were around 5k. These sales are kinda irrelevant since the original Vita model was nearly impossible to find. Most retailers liquidated their existing inventory in preparations for the new model.
---
Most Anticipated Games of 2014: Persona Q, Freedom Wars, Bayonetta 2, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, Tokyo Shinseiroku: Operation Abyss.
#9SonytendoPosted 5/15/2014 5:26:20 PM
Lucretia_Merces posted...
A Vita Pets bundle is a good idea. Special Edition 2000/Slim with paw prints on the rear touch would be a nifty idea. It would appeal to both younger and more casual demographics.

Regarding the NPD, the Vita sales for the month of April were around 5k. These sales are kinda irrelevant since the original Vita model was nearly impossible to find. Most retailers liquidated their existing inventory in preparations for the new model.

Source on the 5k?
#10Lucretia_MercesPosted 5/15/2014 5:31:25 PM
Creamsugar from Neogaf. I'll try to find the link. I initially read it on NGG.
---
Most Anticipated Games of 2014: Persona Q, Freedom Wars, Bayonetta 2, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, Tokyo Shinseiroku: Operation Abyss.