Would like help deciding on opening a game or not...

#11KochipahkPosted 5/18/2014 2:38:07 AM
Couldn't you go back to the store you bought it from? If you bring it back they can exchange it for a different copy.
---
Hella
#12hustlin_pimpstePosted 5/18/2014 2:40:48 AM
Hang on. So the game case has NO plastic wrapping on it, just the case and the game?

If that is right, then of course you can open it and play the game. It's not like each game cartridge has a magic chip in it which goes "WOOWOOWOO" at Gamestop HQ when you put it in your Vita?

Am I missing something here?
---
"And one more thing son, you're lucky I'm not your father. I'd make sure you finally learned some respect." - tj5921
#13HellHole_Posted 5/18/2014 2:44:32 AM
joegt123 posted...
Complaining about the condition of your box is one thing, but the opening and storing of new games is SOP for gamestop. Only preorder's come sealed. Sucks, I know, but if you want a sealed copy of a game, you need to go elsewhere. This isn't news.

that's not true at all
---
Botnus912 posted...
I don't know about you guys, but I could not take my eyes off his p****.
#14VegantoKeensPosted 5/18/2014 2:47:04 AM
Don't wait for that e-mail. 2 weeks, what kind of nonsense is that? Are they starting up a nation wide scientific research on the subject or something? Go back with the game and receipt, exchange it for something that is in acceptable condition and shop somewhere else in the future. What the hell is up with these American stores and common decency to customers? If I ask for a brand new game in a Dutch store, I get it neatly wrapped in plastic, with the smell of the production press still on everything.
---
Try not to cry in nostalgia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39pK2MV_sfs
GMT + 1 PSN = William-Lake
#15joegt123Posted 5/18/2014 2:50:04 AM
hustlin_pimpste posted...
Hang on. So the game case has NO plastic wrapping on it, just the case and the game?

If that is right, then of course you can open it and play the game. It's not like each game cartridge has a magic chip in it which goes "WOOWOOWOO" at Gamestop HQ when you put it in your Vita?

Am I missing something here?

They sometimes throw a sticker over the side of it to denote that it's been resealed. An idiotic practice at best.
---
"It was not for quiet complacence he was given the name of 'Thunder God'."
Currently Playing: I don't even know, anymore....
#16FattyPudgeMufinPosted 5/18/2014 8:29:56 AM
Wow. Most of you dont know what you're talking about.

He got a gut copy of the game. That means they took the display case down from the wall and put the game in it because they had no sealed copies left. This is standard for gamestop. They only gut one copy of every game so people can look at the game from the floor.

If its such a big deal to you, go back to the store and return it, then order another new copy from another retailer. Dont email them. Thats a waste of time, especially since their return policy only allows 30 days.
---
http://www.foodbeam.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/blueberry-muffin-large.png
http://www.last.fm/user/periivinchal
#17StormKMDPosted 5/18/2014 9:20:45 AM
I haven't had a problem with my Gamestop's, I always get them sealed when buying new.
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K Phantek PH-TC14PE_BK | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | 1500GBs HDD | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/StormKMD
#18rapacioushoboPosted 5/18/2014 9:30:10 AM
StormKMD posted...
I haven't had a problem with my Gamestop's, I always get them sealed when buying new.

This.
---
i5 3570k | Asrock b75 pro3 |4gb gtx 760 | 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz | Antec 620W | 1 TB HDD | Cooler Master elite 431+
One more drink at the Sunk'n Norwegian
#19Gamemaster64Posted 5/18/2014 9:42:29 AM
joegt123 posted...
Complaining about the condition of your box is one thing, but the opening and storing of new games is SOP for gamestop. Only preorder's come sealed. Sucks, I know, but if you want a sealed copy of a game, you need to go elsewhere. This isn't news.

That is if GS doesn't decide to gut your pre order copy.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
3DS- 3308-4618-5127
#20KrisGreen(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 11:02:21 AM
StormKMD posted...

Do you preorder's the game? If not then that GameStop is doing what I want them to do.