I have a ton of games on my vita, but I don't feel like playing any of them

#1BlyrPosted 5/18/2014 7:13:06 AM
I don't know what's wrong with me, as I have most of my PSP games and quite a few PSV games (both PS+ and bought digitally) but I just don't ever feel like playing any of them.

I recently bought Ragnarok Odyssey ACE, and while it was fun, it didn't really grab me and keep me hooked. I know the problem with quite a few of the games I have is that they fall into the same "hunting" genre, which I enjoy, but I'm looking for something different right now. I have Dragon's Crown, Y's, and Valhalla Knights 3, which are all very different from one another and different from the hunting genre, but I just don't feel any need to start playing them.

It's the strangest feeling. I know there are games out there on the store I'd enjoy if I bought them, and I know there are games on my Vita I'd enjoy playing, but I can't seem to make myself start playing it. I have the same problem with my 3DS as well. I love handheld gaming, as it lets me multitask and play something while waiting for duty finder in FFXIV, but as of late I'm just feeling incredibly apathetic towards a lot of games I should love.

I'm thinking I might just need a palate cleanser, because I've been playing RPGs or RPG-like games almost exclusively for the past year or so.

Anyone have any suggestions? Genre doesn't really matter, as I'm looking for something OUTSIDE my comfort zone to help me get over this "rut" I seem to have worn myself in to.
---
PSN: Blyr
http://rantinggamedude.blogspot.com/
#2falloutbeast101Posted 5/18/2014 7:21:23 AM
Maybe you need a break from gaming. I had this problem happen to me before, i just took a week off gaming, and my motivation came back.
---
Propaganda Idols! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3JmDnhEc88 featuring Panna, Opti, and Connie!
#3KiraWinsPosted 5/18/2014 7:24:04 AM
sounds like ragnarok ace's mediocrity drained your interest in gaming

I feel for u tc
---
Persona/ SMT Atlus in a nutshell: http://a.pomf.se/jmqnvq.gif
Pizza in Japan is horrendous - Number of people who find me annoying: 31
#4dolorsitametPosted 5/18/2014 7:27:17 AM
I was also playing too much rpg and monster hunting games. so I can't wait for monster monpiece & project diva f, card battling game that I haven't played like in forever maybe since pokemon TCG in gameboy color. the other one is rhythm game I play since DDR 3rd mix.
#5nouseravailablePosted 5/18/2014 7:30:13 AM
A break would be cool. Its pointless to do smthing you dont feel like doing. I used to game like 6h a day (mb 8h during weekends). I took a break from it (like a yearly break) and when i decided to play again, all excitement was there. These days i play much less then i used to (like 2h per day) but its time well spent. I also look forward to new releases now...
Just do other stuff, if you have too much free time just learn how to program, learn japanese, learn how to play guitar, learn how to shot, get a part-time job, read dune, neuromancer, foundation, the idiot, drink more, watch all god fathers in sequence, get a girlfriend (or a boyfriend if you are into that stuff... or both); Heh, use sunblock...
---
Programming for android is the art of filling xml...
#6EasysicksPosted 5/18/2014 7:52:42 AM
I can relate. Getting into games that require more of a commitment comes and goes in phases with me. What helped me was to buy games that can be played in bite-size bits, casual / smaller indie games that aren't long or complex enough to be daunting and you're more likely to pick up when you don't feel like too much of a commitment. I've been splurging on old PS1 disney games I played when I was a kid, some indies and Pure Chess.

Haven't touched Valhalla Knights 3, RO, Toukiden, the YS games bundle or any of the FF games I bought and hoped to replay yet. I know I will once I'm in the mood for some longer / more story / grinding-driven stuff*

*Sadly, I'm already actively considering getting FFX-X2 remaster and SSD. /sigh. My Vita backlog is getting shameful.
---
I was having a great day. Then I discovered Zero Escape 3 was put on hold. There were no more great days.
#7Mcnugget2256Posted 5/18/2014 8:00:33 AM
KiraWins posted...

I feel for u tc

I find you very annoying, Kira.

I know that feeling TC. I have so many great Vita and PSP games to play, yet I never know what to play. Maybe because I have trouble choosing which handheld to dedicate time to, 3DS or Vita. I would suggest picking a game you can spend a good amount of time with, in my case MH3U, then move on to something else.
---
Playing: Terraria 1.2, Pokemon White 2, MH3U.
Waiting for: BoI: Rebirth, MH4U, SSB 3DS, Persona Q, Pokemon AS.
#8KiraWinsPosted 5/18/2014 8:04:58 AM
Mcnugget2256 posted...
KiraWins posted...

I feel for u tc

I know that feeling TC. I have so many great Vita and PSP games to play, yet I never know what to play. Maybe because I have trouble choosing which handheld to dedicate time to, 3DS or Vita. I would suggest picking a game you can spend a good amount of time with, in my case MH3U, then move on to something else.

cool story bro
guess what? it was a joke.
just because I insult a game you adore doesn't mean you have to get your jimmies rustled.
---
Persona/ SMT Atlus in a nutshell: http://a.pomf.se/jmqnvq.gif
Pizza in Japan is horrendous - Number of people who find me annoying: 31
#9The_Nach0Posted 5/18/2014 8:06:51 AM
I've always purchased more than I play and tend to go from collector to gamer every several months.

I did go for a long time without playing any games and not even buying them which I chalked up with age. That whole responsibility thing... but I had a moment of clarity where I realized that I should never lose touch with that aspect or really any aspect of my old self but embrace it so I came back in full swing.

So I think it is natural to switch on and off and maybe even a little healthy but who really knows.
#10Ultima546Posted 5/18/2014 8:07:57 AM
KiraWins posted...
Mcnugget2256 posted...
KiraWins posted...

I feel for u tc

cool story bro
guess what? it was a joke.
just because I insult a game you adore doesn't mean you have to get your jimmies rustled.

Has the number in your sig actually decreased?
---
Mutton! Fresh Mutton!