Lunar star silver harmony - does it get better?

#1KiraWinsPosted 5/18/2014 9:47:27 AM(edited)
I've heard rave reviews, people saying its one of the best jrpgs on psp

The beginning of the game starts horrible, granted its old but the voice acting isn't half bad (Theres actually a few that I recognize, I just cant remember from where) - its just the dialogue - they're fighting someone trying to kill god and take over the world and they're telling jokes?

Not to mention the game starts as the mc, some boy who cant even go to the bathroom on his own and his obese friend who takes snacks on adventures? u wot m8?

srs question is srs - what is good about this game. Does the story get good , is there a massive plot twist where everyone dies?

is the gameplay that deep? So far I'm wondering what force overcame me to make this purchase

inb4 no advice given
inb4 kira ur a moron
inb4 kira ur annoying
---
Persona/ SMT Atlus in a nutshell: http://a.pomf.se/jmqnvq.gif
Pizza in Japan is horrendous - Number of people who find me annoying: 32
#2asqwzx12Posted 5/18/2014 9:51:54 AM
Story do get better, gameplay stay similar. The thing is, it's an old game. At the time it was fantastic, now that we know better for some people it's still fantastic for other, it didn't age well. Chance are that if you don't love it now you won't love it until the end
---
3DS FC : 5198 3568 1843
#3KiraWins(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 9:53:30 AM
asqwzx12 posted...
Story do get better, gameplay stay similar. The thing is, it's an old game. At the time it was fantastic, now that we know better for some people it's still fantastic for other, it didn't age well. Chance are that if you don't love it now you won't love it until the end

Im gonna give it a chance. I know sometimes games take a bit to get going.

I suppose it probably hit home more when (if I was) a kid , playing through as kids. I didn't enjoy ni no kuni for similar reasons, the dialogue was just very - well, catered to a young audience.
---
#4KGTriggerPosted 5/18/2014 9:58:36 AM
Shame they didn't give this treatment to Eternal Blue. I loved every minute of that game.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089, pm for steam ID
#5BigReedPosted 5/18/2014 10:18:54 AM
Great games remain great. Period.

Anyway, I thought it was a game that had some interesting parts, but it is by no means the greatest rpg of all time.
---
Latest Review: Borderlands 2 (Vita)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/VITA/727975-borderlands-2/reviews/review-158029
#6GigaDogqHDPosted 5/18/2014 10:24:55 AM
Why do you always buy a game, play twenty minutes, and then come here to complain?

Do you always need such reassurance on your crummy purchases?
---
There are three types of people on GameFAQS...those that agree with me, those that are wrong, and those that are insane
#7GunzleaderPosted 5/18/2014 10:26:33 AM
"omg enemies"
"fat friend" but im eating a taco damit!
""MC" dam you cartman you fat ***"
"fat friend" whos cartman?
"both get killed"
game over.
---
you are not "official" anything of any board grow up. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#8KiraWins(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 10:27:31 AM
GigaDogqHD posted...
Why do you always buy a game, play twenty minutes, and then come here to complain?

Do you always need such reassurance on your crummy purchases?

Lol

gigga pls

I played 1 hour thank you very much

not reassurance - just wondering what people liked. wondering what is good in this game.

I'm actually curious about the gameplay in particular, because the animations actually seem pretty well done.
---
#9nouseravailablePosted 5/18/2014 10:50:56 AM(edited)
The game doesnt start till you ditch the obese kid. The gameplay is a unique (and slow) battle system that didnt survived the test of time and the traditional dungeon/town exploration. The chars get good, the dungeons get better and the game have a classical epic feel... Dont expect it to blow your mind but expect to have fun later.

Also, for classical jrpgs, 1h is nothing. Chrono Cross only starts after like 10h...
---
Programming for android is the art of filling xml...
#10KiraWins(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 10:57:56 AM
nouseravailable posted...
The game doesnt start till you ditch the obese kid. The gameplay is a unique (and slow) battle system that didnt survived the test of time and the traditional dungeon/town exploration. The chars get good, the dungeons get better and the game have a classical epic feel... Dont expect it to blow your mind but expect to have fun later.

Also, for classical jrpgs, 1h is nothing. Chrono Cross only starts after like 10h...

Yeah I know -
Not gonna lie, Im in love with hexyz force and most people said that was awful - went in with high expectations @ lunar and I usually dont do that, so I just need to give it some more time I guess.

can you not run in the game btw? like can you only walk
---