Bought most of the Persona series !

#31HellHole_Posted 6/2/2014 11:38:51 PM
BambooPandamo posted...
They're just bandwagoners who can't appreciate real dungeon crawling that date back to the original Shin Megami Tensei series.

sorry (but not really) that we don't like boring games that look like a digital representation of poop.
---
I never feared death or dying
I only fear never trying
#32DarkLink978Posted 6/3/2014 12:01:41 AM
I'm glad you decided to start with 1 and 2, they're amazing games that are very overlooked. Make sure you get Eternal Punishment after you beat Innocent Sin to get the whole story.
---
I like games.
Playing: Final Fantasy X HD-PS3, Dragon Warrior II-NES, Persona-PSP
#33danny5329Posted 6/3/2014 1:02:19 AM
Cant wait for P5.
#34DarkChimera69(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2014 6:52:20 AM
Wow thanks for the responses guys oh and didn't mean to start an argument lol.

Again I'll say I am loving the first game still, just cleared the pink forest if that is an indication of how far I am.

What is SQQ? And yes I will be playing in order although that has really irked me about P2 EP...I read up on buying from US but I would have to switch accounts and delete memory every time wouldn't I or did I read wrong ??

And yes I dare say I would be buying P5 although I do prefer handheld gaming.

Lastly I read yesterday about another apparently great game release, Digital devil saga on ps3 but alas it wasn't on the store, don't tell me, P2 EP syndrome again haha.
#35astrophysPosted 6/3/2014 8:10:30 AM
SQQ = "Snow Queen Quest"

There are two routes, dramatically different, SEBEC and Snow Queen Quest, that are available in Persona 1.

SEBEC is considered the standard route and is the one that you'll normally end up playing unless you're specifically looking for the Snow Queen Quest.
#36HellsControllerPosted 6/3/2014 8:34:12 AM
BambooPandamo posted...
Ooseye posted...
You got it backwards TC. P1 and P2 are awesome, it was with P3 that the series started to nosedive and P4 just completely dropped the pretense of having an interesting, engaging story.

I too hate Persona 3 and 4 fans. They're just bandwagoners who can't appreciate real dungeon crawling that date back to the original Shin Megami Tensei series. I, on the other hand, have come to the conclusion that dated dungeon crawling classics with pacing and gameplay balancing issues are far better than the newer titles. This epiphany came to me after painstakingly playing through every canon & non-canon SMT title on emulators using quick save and quick load.

As an avid hardcore gamer, notorious neckbeard, and expert on all manners of Japanese culture since attending every high school anime club meeting I will give you my 1,500 word thesis on why Persona 1, Persona 2 IS & EP are objectively superior to every modern SMT game. Despite the fact their successors improved on every element of gameplay to presentation without sacrificing quality it deeply offends and infuriates me when my opinion aren't validated by others as fact.

You. I like you.
---
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone
#37westontickleePosted 6/3/2014 12:17:24 PM
HellHole_ posted...
BambooPandamo posted...
They're just bandwagoners who can't appreciate real dungeon crawling that date back to the original Shin Megami Tensei series.

sorry (but not really) that we don't like boring games that look like a digital representation of poop.

The irony
---
Royal Court: Queen Jiggs, Princess Flabebe, Lord Nyaoni, Lady Meowstic, Empress Delphox
JiggsNation Territories: Pokemon X, FFXV, LR: FFXIII, P4G and P5 Boards
#38left4breadFTWPosted 6/3/2014 12:23:22 PM
Im in the same boat as you TC (UK). To confirm the P2 EP is to be played after P2 PSP version? Also i think P2 EP is PS1 so you can play on PS3 without switching accounts, assuming you have a PS3.
---
Games I'm Looking Forward To - Persona 5, Persona Dancing All Night, Persona Arena 2, Uncharted 4, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Fatal Frame 5, DangaRonpa 2
#39falloutbeast101Posted 6/3/2014 2:23:26 PM
DarkChimera69 posted...
.I read up on buying from US but I would have to switch accounts and delete memory every time wouldn't I or did I read wrong ??

Oh crap, i forgot about that... stupid one account per Vita restriction...
If you have a PS3 it'll be much easier. PS3 can hold multiple accounts.
---
Propaganda Idols! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRDVQOduEx8 featuring Panna, Opti, and Connie! (better quality now :D)
#40SchrientPosted 6/3/2014 9:34:36 PM
I think it was good impulse buying. Really good games, esp P3 and P4G/
I'm trying my best not to buy SMT:DDS until there is a sale since I just bought Nocturne when it released on PSN. Must finish it first.
---
Not buying anymore games until I get FF X/X-2 HD and Drakengard 3 Collector's Edition. Wait, did I just buy Dagan Ronpa?