I'm loving the OLED Vita so far! Do any of you like the new vita screen better?

#1renegadeseraphPosted 6/2/2014 2:45:14 PM
Which PS Vita Screen do you prefer? - Results (167 votes)
Original Vita - OLED
73.05% (122 votes)
Slim Vita - LCD
26.95% (45 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I bought a used vita from gamestop just to give it a test run. I'm playing uncharted for vita and it does look "over saturated" as they say. I'm wondering will it look better to me on the new vita screen!

I think I'm gonna return this vita and get the borderlands bundle!
---
~Living is easy with Eyes Closed~
#2pPpPancakesPosted 6/2/2014 2:53:53 PM
I haven't experienced the LCD Vita, yet I predict people'll vote for OLED Vita despite not trying the new Vita yet, but... isn't it pointless to bring up a topic that has been discussed to death? Or not?

It really just boils down to this:
OLED: Better saturation, fear of mura, uses more battery
LCD: Better outdoors, no fear of mura, uses less battery
#3Garage_ManPosted 6/2/2014 2:54:38 PM
I would. Don't get me wrong the LCD isn't perfect either but it is better overall. The saturation on my oled is sometimes really bad. I play a lot of ps1 games and move between my vita and ps3 sometimes I'm floored at the differences.

Mine also has lines in it :(
#4BlueswordsXPosted 6/2/2014 2:55:05 PM
It depends on whether you intend to play mostly 3D games like Uncharted or lots of 2D/anime-style games. OLED makes things that are supposed to be colorful more vivid.
---
Touhou is love. Welcome to Gensokyo!
#51Cyrus1Posted 6/2/2014 3:02:17 PM
When will people learn to add "I don't know/I haven't seen both compare" to their polls. This poll is instantly flawed because people will vote for their own Vita while they haven't seen the other one.
#6Holy_JudgementPosted 6/2/2014 3:24:39 PM
So how does the new slim look with the ps1 classics. Does it look sloppy or does it look well-rounded?
#7POSEIDON_85Posted 6/2/2014 3:36:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8TG_WolfPosted 6/4/2014 9:19:14 AM
I own both:

The LCD screen is better for realism and flesh tones, yes if you've come from the OLED screen it will seem washed out at first but you can fix a good portion of that by turning the brightness to maximum.

The LCD screen absorbs glare both in game and external, making certain games easier to see.

Admittedly for the moment I am sticking with the original Vita but over a few more weeks I'm planning to move onto the slim for good.

While the OLED screen increases the vibrancy of colors, you should look into the wisdom of using the slim to tone-down the colors instead. Depending on the game you may notice an increase in smoothness of the animations due to the removal of the extraneous color.

A first time tip though:

For gods sake, first thing you should do is change the background color on the screen on the slim.

The default grey does NOT do it any favors... -_-
---
Official Madara Uchiha of all Existence: :Official Muu of Everything
Official Saberwulf of the KI Board [Furry and Proud of it ^_^] TMAFI :3
#9Arctic_Wolf510Posted 6/4/2014 9:41:34 AM
My original Vita broke. Two months later I got a slim. I can't do a side by side comparison, but ether one is fine with me.
#10velcrosoup13Posted 6/4/2014 10:13:14 AM
I like the "over saturation" but that may be because I am color deficient/color blind or something.
---
Hell is a place, like McDonalds. So if saying what the hell is bad, then saying what the McDonalds is bad too