Any reason why the Phoenix Wright Trilogy isn't coming to Vita?

#11ResetTearsPosted 6/8/2014 5:15:02 AM(edited)
Arkkana posted...
Because they have always been on Nintendo systems?

I'd say that's a fair argument, but there's been quite a few franchises that used to be Sony-only, but have since gone to Nintendo platforms.
Putting Persona Q on 3DS for example is definitely of the most perplexing decisions I've seen lately on that front.
---
Video game blog: http://resettears.wordpress.com/
Currently playing: Sweet Fuse
#12ArkkanaPosted 6/8/2014 5:18:51 AM
ResetTears posted...
Arkkana posted...

I'd say that's a fair argument, but there's been quite a few franchises that used to be Sony-only, but have since gone to Nintendo platforms.
Putting Persona Q on 3DS for example is definitely of the most perplexing decisions I've seen lately on that front.

Persona Q is an Etrian Odyssey game and the series has always been on DS&3DS.
---
Currently playing: Bravely Default(3DS)
#13SonytendoPosted 6/8/2014 6:10:07 AM(edited)
ResetTears posted...
Arkkana posted...

So a spinoff of a spinoff of a mainly Nintendo series styled after a Nintendo exclusive series is franchise betrayal? I think that means we can demand the Edgeworth games or some other new spinoff for Vita.

Edit: Just thought of a spin off that would be appropriate for the Vita. A Franziska whipping game! Whip all the other girls of the AA universe while calling them fools. Realistic clothing destruction! Unlockable young Franziska with riding crop.
#14Apocalypsah(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2014 5:21:03 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
Because the ace attorney fanbase is already on Nintendo systems as it has been since it started on GBA? Also much larger install base and Capcom seems barely even realize Vita exists.

Yeah, but that was my point, the Vita would increase its fanbase. The first 3 games still look the same as 10 years ago (yes, even the new 3DS trilogy does) and they get away with the lazy porting, because they are excellent games. Why not make the same lazy move to the Vita? Throw them on PSN and make Ace Attorney 6 a multi platform release. Profit.

Capcom being Capcom is a more likely excuse.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=yasume ~ PSN ID: Yasume90 ~ Steam ID: Yasume ~ 3DS FC: 0173-1277-5074
#15yomomma0919Posted 6/8/2014 5:37:29 AM
Because Capcom will make money by putting it on 3ds.
---
3DS FC: 0533-4875-0540 NNID/VITA PSN:Leek0919
Waiting for: Smash bros, Pokemon ORAS, Danganronpa 2, Persona Q, Shinovi Versus, Monster Hunter 4, Azure Striker
#16kabutokoujiPosted 6/8/2014 5:39:23 AM
TAoR posted...
The mean reasons would be cause it's capcom and cause it's the vita.

there are plenty of Capcom games on the vita, so I don't know that nonsense that you are spewing, I don't think they will ever put those on the vita for other reasons but, your reason is just ignorance.
---
If the western community is represented by Gamefaqs posters, I pity the west x.x
#17Lucretia_MercesPosted 6/8/2014 5:53:46 AM
I know I'm going to regret this, but...

To kabuto:

Besides Marvel vs. Capcom and Monster Hunter Frontier GG, what other games from Capcom does the Vita have?

Back on topic:

That would be nice. Capcom hasn't given us Resident Evil: Revelations, either. Wish we had both. :-(

To Reset Tears:

Why is Persona Q perplexing? It's a crossover of a spin-off built on a modified version of the Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl engine. This game wouldn't be possible on the Vita since it doesn't have a second screen. That said, I do think there's much more to Persona Q than it simply being a crossover. I wouldn't be surprised if this results in the core Persona series going multiplatform between Sony and Nintendo.
---
Most Anticipated Games of 2014: Persona Q, Freedom Wars, Bayonetta 2, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, Tokyo Shinseiroku: Operation Abyss.
#18xfactorPosted 6/8/2014 5:57:03 AM
Apocalypsah posted...
^ I have a 3DS. I just prefer the Vita and would rather play them on that.

Then play it on the 3DS.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#19BambooPandamoPosted 6/8/2014 6:28:44 AM
"Game X comes out on the PS3"

omg we must have this on the vita cuz it'll sell!

"Game Y comes out on the 3DS"

"Game Z comes out on the PS4"

Why is this common, why do you feel entitled to these games? Why do you feel you know far more than the company publishing these games? Are you all stock brokers who spend their free time giving financial advice to corporations on a game forum? And don't give me any of this "it not only the Vita", that's a load of BS.

Back in the days of the PSP & DS we didn't have this level of insufferable port begging, I almost swear it comes from 2000s generation kids who feel entitled to everything in the world.
#20ServantOfErieosPosted 6/8/2014 6:37:12 AM
Arkkana posted...

As exclusives?
---
Lord Erieos is coming...