Any reason why the Phoenix Wright Trilogy isn't coming to Vita?

#21Apocalypsah(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2014 6:40:56 AM(edited)
BambooPandamo posted...
"Game X comes out on the PS3"

omg we must have this on the vita cuz it'll sell!

"Game Y comes out on the 3DS"

"Game Z comes out on the PS4"

Why is this common, why do you feel entitled to these games? Why do you feel you know far more than the company publishing these games? Are you all stock brokers who spend their free time giving financial advice to corporations on a game forum? And don't give me any of this "it not only the Vita", that's a load of BS.

Back in the days of the PSP & DS we didn't have this level of insufferable port begging, I almost swear it comes from 2000s generation kids who feel entitled to everything in the world.

The Ace Attorney series was struggling in the west, hence why we got Dual Destinies as an eShop only release. If I wanted to make the series more successful, I'd come up with a rational solution and broaden my horizons. The cheapest way to do this is to port an excellent trilogy of already ported games to the other side and see how it goes from there. It has nothing to do with feeling entitled to something.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=yasume ~ PSN ID: Yasume90 ~ Steam ID: Yasume ~ 3DS FC: 0173-1277-5074
#22darkstriker00Posted 6/8/2014 7:00:46 AM
Just throwing this out there but monster hunter started on Sony platforms but found its way to Nintendo platforms and Final Fantasy started on Nintendo platforms but found its way to Sony platforms.
---
FC: 4897 6973 8595
#23TranslatorTomPosted 6/8/2014 7:03:28 AM
BambooPandamo posted...
Why is this common, why do you feel entitled to these games?

I think it's because Gyakuten Saiban / Phoenix Wright is already playable on the 3DS via the DS incarnations. Releasing it on a system where people can already play it seems pointless. I think that's why people are getting upset about it. Instead of offering it to people who can't play it, they're only offering it to people who already can.

Seems kind of odd.
---
-Tom
#24BambooPandamoPosted 6/8/2014 7:03:59 AM
You missed the whole point.

Why do you, in particular the Vita fanbase, feels the world owes them games? Why is it that people here seem to think they know more than the corporations they're port begging off?

The Ace Attorney has been on a downward spiral, yes. Capcom, like other publishers at the time, attributed the lower sales of the sequels on the rampant piracy going on. There's a WiiWare version of PW, an iOS version, and now a 3DS version. Yet despite how "easy" of a fit it would be on the PSP, PC, etc .... Capcom hasn't done it? Capcom who loves money above everything else hasn't felt the need to port the PW franchise to those platforms. Nobody loses their mind there.

Only Vita fans do, the question I bring forth is, why? Why so much entitlement?
#25TranslatorTomPosted 6/8/2014 7:16:11 AM
BambooPandamo posted...
You missed the whole point.
Yet despite how "easy" of a fit it would be on the PSP, PC, etc .... Capcom hasn't done it?

Capcom DID bring it to the PC, at least in Japan. Don't believe me? Type Gyakuten Saiban PC into a search engine... Or even on this website. Phones, tablets, PC, every Nintendo handheld (despite backwards compatibility)... Almost everything... Except for Sony's handhelds. So I think people are sort of confused that they would go out of their way to release it on everything except Sony's systems.
---
-Tom
#26TAoRPosted 6/8/2014 7:18:08 AM
Wasn't released on the Xbawx either so yeah. Not every game has to be on every system, besides, last thing vita needs is more ports at this point.
#27doraemonllh1989Posted 6/8/2014 7:48:18 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#28suitup19Posted 6/8/2014 7:58:20 AM
With as strapped for cash as Capcom is why would they port it to vita? It already is a niche title, putting it on a struggling handheld is just a dumb idea. iOS makes sense because of the amount of people with Apple devices. I love my vita but why do people on this board have to ask dumb questions so much?
#29AldathPosted 6/8/2014 8:15:33 AM
1.- Why not bringing Persona series to the 3DS? It can handle them.
2.- Why not bringing a port of Soul Sacrifice to 3DS?
3.- Why not bringing a port of Ys: Memories of Celceta?

<_< Bring me those and then we talk.
---
Now Playing: AC: New Leaf, God Eater 2, Fatal Frame 2 Wii Edition
Awaiting: Monster Hunter 4
#30Apocalypsah(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2014 8:43:53 AM
suitup19 posted...
With as strapped for cash as Capcom is why would they port it to vita? It already is a niche title, putting it on a struggling handheld is just a dumb idea. iOS makes sense because of the amount of people with Apple devices. I love my vita but why do people on this board have to ask dumb questions so much?

You're kidding, right? The series has sold over 5 million copies worldwide without taking the sales of the iOS in account. These are results of a niche series to you?

It's huge in Japan. Vita is improving in Japan so it would be common sense for Capcom to bring them to the latest handheld. Besides, like I stated multiple times now, the games have barely been updated since 2004 and they aren't going to change much in the 3DS version either. You're talking like it would cost them a fortune to port them to the Vita.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=yasume ~ PSN ID: Yasume90 ~ Steam ID: Yasume ~ 3DS FC: 0173-1277-5074