Any reason why the Phoenix Wright Trilogy isn't coming to Vita?

#41AjidoMarujidoPosted 6/8/2014 9:07:27 AM
cris1ussen posted...
2) Actually i don't think if the game will be well received on Vita, i remember that was a Harvey Birdman game for PSP that was quite similar or a "response" of a Phoenix Wright game on a Sony handheld and wasn't very good

Ehhh... You can't really compare Harvey Birdman to the Ace Attorney series. It's true that the gameplay was designed to be similar to AA's courtroom style, but the game was not meant to be taken seriously at all. It didn't have the story, the charm, or other qualities that Ace Attorney has.
They didn't even get Stephen Colbert's voice... >:|

The closest comparison point would be DanganRonpa, it would be about as well-received as that, maybe a little bit moreso, just because it's a more recognizable name.
---
[[Currently Playing]] -- Watch_Dogs (PS4), Mario Kart 8 (Wii U), Mind=0 (Vita)
[[PSN - MilesEdgeworth]] ~ [[XBL - The 22nd]]
#42RygonPosted 6/8/2014 9:08:24 AM
LiquiDZerO posted...
ResetTears posted...
Arkkana posted...
Because they have always been on Nintendo systems?

I'd say that's a fair argument, but there's been quite a few franchises that used to be Sony-only, but have since gone to Nintendo platforms.
Putting Persona Q on 3DS for example is definitely of the most perplexing decisions I've seen lately on that front.

Exactly, Final Fantasy had "always been on Nintendo" prior to FF7. Tales jumped to Sony after the first game, same with Star Ocean. The Metal Gear Solid (solid games not the others) series got big on the Playstation, but that didn't prevent it from going to the Xbox and the Gamecube remake. The Gamecube remake would be the exact same situation of a very popular title getting an exclusive entry on a platform with a smaller user base, and it seemed to be a very big budget remake as well. The only explanation to TCs question really is exclusivity contracts and money, to this day there hasn't been a port of MGS: The Twin Snakes on any system. Same thing with the Resident Evil gamecube remake, which had fantastic looking pre-rendered backgrounds.

All of your examples of jumping ship are to more popular platforms, except in one example where a Nintendo company made the remake so it couldn't be on any other platform. Your examples don't support the position that this game should also come out on struggling hardware.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#43CcroybbPosted 6/8/2014 9:20:45 AM
Usually when one series jumps ship to another platform it's because said platform has a way bigger userbase and potential software sales than the previous one. Ace Attorney has no reason to jump to Vita because it's being outsold plenty by the 3DS.
---
Gamefaqs mods are terrible
#44hustlin_pimpstePosted 6/8/2014 9:26:50 AM
BambooPandamo posted...
"Game X comes out on the PS3"

omg we must have this on the vita cuz it'll sell!

"Game Y comes out on the 3DS"

"Game Z comes out on the PS4"

Why is this common, why do you feel entitled to these games? Why do you feel you know far more than the company publishing these games? Are you all stock brokers who spend their free time giving financial advice to corporations on a game forum? And don't give me any of this "it not only the Vita", that's a load of BS.

Back in the days of the PSP & DS we didn't have this level of insufferable port begging, I almost swear it comes from 2000s generation kids who feel entitled to everything in the world.

^ I read that and pictured this:

http://imgur.com/b1XpFy1
---
http://letvent.com/2014/02/23/2-cows/
#45BuretsuPosted 6/8/2014 9:46:24 AM
Apocalypsah posted...
^ I have a 3DS. I just prefer the Vita and would rather play them on that.

Why?
---
Fall 2014: Persona Q for 3DS; 2015: Persona 5 for PS3
It's happening! It's happening!!
#46Apocalypsah(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2014 9:55:52 AM
Buretsu posted...
Apocalypsah posted...

Why?

Because Vita is my favorite system and Ace Attorney is my favorite series.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=yasume ~ PSN ID: Yasume90 ~ Steam ID: Yasume ~ 3DS FC: 0173-1277-5074
#47DashingfellaPosted 6/8/2014 9:58:21 AM(edited)
Aldath posted...
1.- Why not bringing Persona series to the 3DS? It can handle them.

PSP got a downgraded version of Persona 3. Vita got Persona 4 without downgrades, and added a ton of stuff to it. It may be able to handle Persona 3, but Persona 4 Golden, I don't think so.

Aldath posted...
2.- Why not bringing a port of Soul Sacrifice to 3DS?

MH4 doesn't look as good as Soul Sacrifice, don't think it can handle it either. Also, pretty sure Soul Sacrifice is first party, Ace Attorney isn't.
#48TeraPatrick2008Posted 6/8/2014 10:07:41 AM
99% of the people who own a VITA don't know what Phoenix Wright is so why should Capcom waste time and money on it?
#49BuretsuPosted 6/8/2014 10:08:44 AM
Apocalypsah posted...
Buretsu posted...
Apocalypsah posted...

Why?

Because Vita is my favorite system and Ace Attorney is my favorite series.

What possible advantage does the Vita have over the 3DS re: Phoenix Wright?
---
Fall 2014: Persona Q for 3DS; 2015: Persona 5 for PS3
It's happening! It's happening!!
#50ToQ7Posted 6/8/2014 10:13:08 AM
ResetTears posted...
Arkkana posted...
Because they have always been on Nintendo systems?

I'd say that's a fair argument, but there's been quite a few franchises that used to be Sony-only, but have since gone to Nintendo platforms.
Putting Persona Q on 3DS for example is definitely of the most perplexing decisions I've seen lately on that front.

It's actually not that perplexing at all. The game is being made by Atlus' Etrian Odyssey team and is essentially EO with Persona characters - EO has always been on DS/3DS. I think it makes sense that the team makes the game on a system they know, don't you?

Especially when the game is basically just a reskinned EO anyway.

Likewise, the Project Diva team is making Dancing All Night, and that's going to Vita like the Project Diva games.