Any reason why the Phoenix Wright Trilogy isn't coming to Vita?

#61BuretsuPosted 6/8/2014 12:01:41 PM(edited)
Apocalypsah posted...
Buretsu posted...
Apocalypsah posted...
A Vita port would make a lot of sense from a business perspective, yet most of you are fighting the idea of it.

From a business perspective, it's a terrible idea as there is basically no chance that the time and money spent porting the games over to Vita would see a return on investment. Capcom didn't even think a physical release made sense.

Like I said before, throw them on PSN. Will save them a lot of time and money.

"Throw them on PSN." Right, because that removes the need to re-program the games to work on a different system with different hardware and only one screen.

Also, I'm 100% sure that these games will be a success if they go multi-platform. You have no idea how many Sony fans are unaware of the series existence.

Sure, because games sell very well when nobody's heard of them.

Honest question: Are you being serious? Or are you just taking the piss?
---
Fall 2014: Persona Q for 3DS; 2015: Persona 5 for PS3
It's happening! It's happening!!
#62biorock4864Posted 6/8/2014 12:04:05 PM
INKU48 posted...
Monster Hunter on the Vita because frankly, I find the 3DS a terrible platform for it

Really how so? cause I have had no issues playing it on the 3DS. For some reason I feel like your talking out of your a** right now.
#63hustlin_pimpstePosted 6/8/2014 12:05:58 PM
biorock4864 posted...
INKU48 posted...
Monster Hunter on the Vita because frankly, I find the 3DS a terrible platform for it

Really how so? cause I have had no issues playing it on the 3DS. For some reason I feel like your talking out of your a** right now.

Maybe that's his opinion and not him talking out of his ass, you know?
---
http://letvent.com/2014/02/23/2-cows/
http://imgur.com/b1XpFy1
#64biorock4864Posted 6/8/2014 12:08:38 PM
hustlin_pimpste posted...
Maybe that's his opinion and not him talking out of his ass, you know?

I just don't argee with him.
#65Apocalypsah(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2014 12:13:35 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#66INKU48Posted 6/8/2014 12:21:45 PM
biorock4864 posted...
INKU48 posted...

Virtual D-pad is far from ideal and I find the circle pad pad inferior to the sticks of the Vita. The 3DS weaker hardware also forces more limitations upon the developers. I also find the 3DS uncomfortable to hold for 3D games and games that use all six buttons. Maybe terrible was an exaggeration but worst possible platform for it it definitely is.

The point was, MH could arguably be better on other platforms while Phoenix Wright really would gain nothing by being on a different device.
---
ARM7TDMI @ 16.8 MHz | 32 kilobyte + 96 kilobyte VRAM | 256 kilobyte WRAM | 512 simultaneous colors | Dual 8-bit DAC stereo sound
#67Apocalypsah(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2014 12:23:04 PM
Buretsu posted...

"Throw them on PSN." Right, because that removes the need to re-program the games to work on a different system with different hardware and only one screen.

Here's a honest question for you: Are you that ignorant or just feel the need to troll today?

How is the Vita having one screen relevant? Do you own an iPad with 2 screens? You've not been reading the previous page, have you?

I don't really feel like repeating myself regarding your second statement. Scroll to a couple of posts above.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=yasume ~ PSN ID: Yasume90 ~ Steam ID: Yasume ~ 3DS FC: 0173-1277-5074
#68BuretsuPosted 6/8/2014 12:40:52 PM
Apocalypsah posted...
Buretsu posted...

Here's a honest question for you: Are you that ignorant or just feel the need to troll today?

How is the Vita having one screen relevant? Do you own an iPad with 2 screens? You've not been reading the previous page, have you?

Because the specific game this topic is about was specifically designed for a system with 2 screens. In order to re-make it for a system with only 1 screen would require an investment of time and money.

I don't really feel like repeating myself regarding your second statement. Scroll to a couple of posts above.

If they are struggling with the series reaching the western audience, it would be a smart move to port them to a Sony handheld to reach a different audience.

It would only be a smart move if there was a big enough audience to support the move, and you're also making the assumption that there isn't already a significant overlap between the audiences of the 3DS and Vita.
---
Fall 2014: Persona Q for 3DS; 2015: Persona 5 for PS3
It's happening! It's happening!!
#69Apocalypsah(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2014 12:51:31 PM
Buretsu posted...
Apocalypsah posted...
Buretsu posted...

Because the specific game this topic is about was specifically designed for a system with 2 screens. In order to re-make it for a system with only 1 screen would require an investment of time and money.

If they are struggling with the series reaching the western audience, it would be a smart move to port them to a Sony handheld to reach a different audience.

It would only be a smart move if there was a big enough audience to support the move, and you're also making the assumption that there isn't already a significant overlap between the audiences of the 3DS and Vita.

They obviously don't have to remake anything. They ported the games to the Wii, PC and iOS. Take one of these platforms (preferably the iOS version, since it has updated graphics) and put the games on PSN.

Anyway, you're just talking nonsense now, mate. Might be wise for you to call it a day.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=yasume ~ PSN ID: Yasume90 ~ Steam ID: Yasume ~ 3DS FC: 0173-1277-5074
#70biorock4864Posted 6/8/2014 1:17:57 PM
I guess that how you feel about it but I disagree I see nothing worng with mh on 3DS I'm also not picky on stuff like hardware etc... If game runs and play like it should then that's all that matters to me. I also play mhp3rd on my vita enjoy as much a I do playing mh on 3DS.