Any reason why the Phoenix Wright Trilogy isn't coming to Vita?

#71sentoworfPosted 6/8/2014 2:24:54 PM
Because Capcom doesn't want to.
---
3DS FC: 2578-4434-3850----Steel-----Bronzong, Forretress,Ferroseed
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#72shadowenclave47Posted 6/8/2014 3:25:03 PM
I don't get why people would think that a game that was always on a Nintendo system would all of a sudden go on a Sony console.
---
I want dat ass!
Ignored Users: 29
#73Starwars4JPosted 6/8/2014 3:41:14 PM
shadowenclave47 posted...
I don't get why people would think that a game that was always on a Nintendo system would all of a sudden go on a Sony console.

Desperation
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#74xfactorPosted 6/8/2014 3:42:09 PM
Rygon posted...
The hardware wouldn't change this game at all. It's not going to have new PS3-lite graphics or use the second stick. The only change would be trophies, which in adventure games are "beat the game."

The game will get compromised too just like the ios version.

I hope the vita fans will stop with that "they took my game franchise so i want something in return" mentality. Its all business. Just get a 3DS and be done with it
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#75DashingfellaPosted 6/8/2014 3:46:48 PM

It happened with Monster Hunter and Final Fantasy. And these weren't spin-offs like the Persona game, but actually main entries in the series.
#76BuretsuPosted 6/8/2014 6:34:48 PM
Apocalypsah posted...
They obviously don't have to remake anything. They ported the games to the Wii, PC and iOS. Take one of these platforms (preferably the iOS version, since it has updated graphics) and put the games on PSN.

Once again, you do not just 'put' a game on PSN. You're trying to make it sound like there's absolutely 0 effort involved. Do you... not understand how programming works?

Dashingfella posted...
It happened with Monster Hunter and Final Fantasy. And these weren't spin-offs like the Persona game, but actually main entries in the series.

Monster Hunter started on Sony. And Final Fantasy went to Sony because Square felt the N64's cartridge format was too limiting; nothing to do with finding a new market.
---
Fall 2014: Persona Q for 3DS; 2015: Persona 5 for PS3
It's happening! It's happening!!
#77TeraPatrick2008Posted 6/9/2014 7:53:07 AM(edited)
Apocalypsah posted...
TeraPatrick2008 posted...
99% of the people who own a VITA don't know what Phoenix Wright is so why should Capcom waste time and money on it?

Wow...:/

Did the west knew what PW was when they localized the games for the NDS? No. Did iOS owners knew what it was? No.

Yes AND No (there were actually people who asked for a translation and release it in the west!)
But Capcom knew those (DS/3DS/mobile) gamers aren't graphic whores who focus on Assassins Creed, Uncharted, Batman or generic shooter crap the most.
#78RygonPosted 6/9/2014 9:21:18 AM
Dashingfella posted...

Games "jump ship" to the more popular platform. In the handheld space, Nintendo is outselling Sony, and this game released on iOS before either
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#79TranslatorTomPosted 6/13/2014 3:40:32 PM(edited)
Buretsu posted...
Because the specific game this topic is about was specifically designed for a system with 2 screens.

No it wasn't. It was specifically designed for the GBA system, with one screen. It was ported, with extras, to a system with two screens... That's why most of the time, nothing's really happening on one screen, and the action is happening on the other screen. For the few times anything happens on a second screen, it was originally done by opening a submenu.
---
-Tom
#80CompassPosted 6/13/2014 3:42:11 PM
TranslatorTom posted...
Buretsu posted...
Because the specific game this topic is about was specifically designed for a system with 2 screens.

No it wasn't. It was specifically designed for the GBA system, with one screen. It was ported, with extras, to a system with two screens... That's why most of the time, nothing's really happening on one screen, and the action is happening on the other screen. For the few times anything happens on a second screen, it was originally done by opening a submenu.

Exactly. Plus, the updated versions have already been ported to smartphones.