do you think it's SE fault or Sony?

#1TIME_REAPERPosted 6/11/2014 6:14:57 AM
Like I said earlier, Sony tried to get them to do a Vita version but SE refused. Instead of going the logical way of at least doing a PS3 release they're now going to publish a 4 year old PSP port on new generation consoles without much in the way of visual upgrades.

If anything this whole plan might backfire on them as the game most definitely isn't up to console visual standards and not many will pay $400 to play it. They're doing a disservice to the FF fanbase which is largely existing on PS3 already.

posted by kagari (insider on neogaf)

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=115920770&postcount=2643
---
Time is Absolute
#2DarthLaharlPosted 6/11/2014 6:15:51 AM
Both.
---
The only ones who "win" at e3 are those of us who own all the current platforms. The fanboys are the only ones losing.
#3BahamutBBobPosted 6/11/2014 6:31:05 AM
Mostly SE. The publisher decided what platforms they want it on, not the platform maker/manufacturer.

Sony could have prodded SE more, though. It would have moved Vitas much more easily than it would move PS4s.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#4fettster777Posted 6/11/2014 6:34:14 AM
Probably Square, since after 2006 and the release of their last 2 good games (FF12, KH2) the company has become absolute crap. If FF15 fails to live up to the hype they are probably ruined. I'm sure even if the game was the best selling game of all time they will still take a loss on it since they've invested so much money into it the past 9 years.
#5INKU48Posted 6/11/2014 6:34:21 AM
I'm convinced that we would see this on Vita if Sony had managed to show confidence in the device and also managed to increase the Vita's hardware sales.

I can't fault Square Enix for not wanting to put this on the Vita and I dislike most things modern SE does.
---
ARM7TDMI @ 16.8 MHz | 32 kilobyte + 96 kilobyte VRAM | 256 kilobyte WRAM | 512 simultaneous colors | Dual 8-bit DAC stereo sound
#6RygonPosted 6/11/2014 6:37:29 AM
Square refuses to release a Vita version. Square posted the false alarm on the blog. Square is clearly at fault. I don't see how Sony is in any negative light.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#7CaptainLukaPosted 6/11/2014 6:39:06 AM
Ultimately, it's SE's decision.

That being said, Sony is the one with absolutely ZERO confidence in the Vita or even the willpower to advertise for it. Lots of games coming out for it, supposedly. But let's talk about some comic crap for ten minutes instead. Games for the Vita are now an afterthought as far as Sony is concerned. Would YOU want to publish a game on a system like that?
---
PSN/GT: Tyrannikos | 3DS FC: 4640-0120-2089
Playing: DW: Gundam3, Castlevania HD, Ace Combat: Infinity
#8XCrossYZPosted 6/11/2014 6:40:53 AM
50/50

-Square for posting that up
-Sony for not making the Vita appeal-able
---
Skoo Skoo Skoo
Ooooo ooooo oooooo oooo #basedgod
#9iumplPosted 6/11/2014 6:45:10 AM
It's on Sony. SCEA & SCEE are constantly crapping on the Vita, and they're putting an extremely heavy push on the PS4.

Square's going to where they see the biggest profit. They'll be one of the first few JRPGs for the PS4, and a lot of people have been asking for the game. I don't blame them too much. Not much incentive to localize a game for a system a company regards done.
#10OrangeCrush980Posted 6/11/2014 6:47:21 AM
It's Square's fault. That PSP game was amazing, and they didn't localize it. We got LOL Dissidia instead of that great game. And then the Vita starts to gain a niche in the west for obscure Japanese games, and what does Square do? They refuse to port that aforementioned game to the Vita! The PS3 is also alive and Japan friendly, but it doesn't get that wonderful video game either! The PS4, which not many people own, and is currently just a AAA western game w/ guns console, gets Square's old PSP game!? That Square game deserves so much better! Square should be ashamed of what they're planning to do with that high-quality former PSP game!
---
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality