No Dub NO BUY!

#81SieKensouPosted 6/13/2014 12:13:26 PM
Tales fan 1: "this game doesn't have english voices! not buying!"
Tales fan 2: "this game doesn't have japanese voices! not buying!"
Namdai: "dual voices is too expensive! not localizing!"
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#82deathpapayaPosted 6/13/2014 1:32:04 PM(edited)
TinyTim123 posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...
Gamenamebully posted...
A no dub on games on a game never bothered me. Hell, Yakuza is one of my favorite series and Sega only dubbed the first game. As long as the subs are accurate to the original script, I'm fine with it being sub only.

Which Hearts R is not even close to being.

People keep saying this and offering no evidence to back this up outside of a name change. Is there any evidence that someone would care to offer revealing the gross inaccuracies in the text?

There were videos released by bamco.

If you have any knowledge of japanese whatsoever you'd be able to tell that they're dubtitles and not subtitles.
#83LiquiDZerOPosted 6/13/2014 1:41:03 PM
Karnage4208238 posted...
i have said it before i have been a huge tales of fan since abyss and have bought and played most of their games that have been released here in NA and i was really looking forward to playing ToH but i am not a fanboy that will blindly support anything that i am a fan of when they make choices that i know will hinder my enjoyment of a game like a undubbed rpg

I've been a fan since Tales of Phantasia on the SNES when the only people bringing Tales games over were fan translators. It's actually one of the first games to feature voice acting and included a full vocal introduction song on an SNES CART!

I've preferred original audio, but ALL the games up until Symphonia Chronicles were english only AND they typically replaced the intro music with crappy instrumentals. Tales of the Abyss has a pretty decent j-rock intro that was removed.

I may be a fanboy, but I purchased those games not with the hope that they would someday stop dubbing and removing the intro music, yes I know there are licensing issues with the songs, but for the fact that I was sure I'd enjoy the games regardless. You say not having a dub will impede your enjoyment, sure that's your preference and that's alright. But, personally, I wouldn't miss out on a potentially fun game and story because of that.
---
Such conclusions as that the climate of California is delightful, however defensible they may be, are not properly called facts. -Strunk Jr. & E.B. White
#84LiquiDZerOPosted 6/13/2014 1:43:18 PM
LiquiDZerO posted...
Karnage4208238 posted...
i have said it before i have been a huge tales of fan since abyss and have bought and played most of their games that have been released here in NA and i was really looking forward to playing ToH but i am not a fanboy that will blindly support anything that i am a fan of when they make choices that i know will hinder my enjoyment of a game like a undubbed rpg

I've been a fan since Tales of Phantasia on the SNES when the only people bringing Tales games over were fan translators. It's actually one of the first games to feature voice acting and included a full vocal introduction song on an SNES CART!

I've preferred original audio, but ALL the games up until Symphonia Chronicles were english only AND they typically replaced the intro music with crappy instrumentals. They removed the vocals for Tales of the Abyss as well.

I may be a fanboy, but I purchased those games not with the hope that they would someday stop dubbing and removing the intro music, yes I know there are licensing issues with the songs, but for the fact that I was sure I'd enjoy the games regardless. You say not having a dub will impede your enjoyment, sure that's your preference and that's alright. But, personally, I wouldn't miss out on a potentially fun game and story because of that.

---
Such conclusions as that the climate of California is delightful, however defensible they may be, are not properly called facts. -Strunk Jr. & E.B. White
#85animefan1000Posted 6/13/2014 1:49:57 PM
"Takes bite out of pizza"
#Sausagemasterrace
---
Lady Plutia's favorite pet and husband of Lady Blanc
3ds friend code:4511-0818-1530
#86SuigintouEVPosted 6/13/2014 4:39:26 PM
Karnage4208238 posted...
then i rather not have it at all i will not support things i do not agree with just for the tiny "hope" that if i do support it that more games in the series might be released or get dubbed in the future for the system

That's unfortunate. I've played Abyss a few times now and my single favorite playthrough was when I played through it with an undub patch. It was a more enjoyable experience that one time than any of the times I played it dubbed. And it has a top-notch dub.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#87Power TurtlePosted 6/13/2014 4:43:57 PM
So wait, the tales game is subtitled only? And people are disappointed by this? I guess i'm too old because i still remember the days when RPGs all had to be read.. That and in most Japanese games the first thing i do is check the config for a Japanese voice option because the English subs are atrocious 90% of the time haha. But seriously, be grateful someone is even spending a penny on bringing a game to Vita in the states...
---
lolxbox
Not changing signature until FALLOUT 4 is announced! ~6/10/2013