Platformers and RPGs

#1imameliaPosted 6/13/2014 4:35:19 PM
Does the Vita have any platformers (2D or non-collectathon 3D), 2D action games (such as Mega Man X, which is sort of a platformer but not really), or RPGs (turn-based, especially if they have an action command system and preferably without random encounters) that are not already available on another system or the PC? (I figure if I can just get them for the PS1, PS2, NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, PC, or PS3/PSP whenever I get one, I might as well.) Everything I can find that seems to fit is already available elsewhere.
#2MrFwibblesPosted 6/13/2014 4:43:54 PM
If you discount enhanced ports such as Muramasa Rebirth and Persona 4: Golden, then no.
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
http://i.minus.com/ikldA8ungvbD2.gif
#3dude_meister512Posted 6/13/2014 4:46:44 PM(edited)
Platformers:
-Rayman Origins
-Rayman Legends
-Oddworld: New N Tasty (coming soon)
-Metrico (coming soon)
-Limbo
-Guacamelee!
-Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD (coming soon)
-Sound Shapes
-Sly Cooper Trilogy
-Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
-Jak & Daxter Trilogy
-Ratchet & Clank Trilogy (coming soon)
-LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
-Tearaway

RPGS
-Persona 4 Golden
-Ys: Memories of Celceta
-Atelier Meruru Plus
-Atelier Totori Plus
-Atelier Rorona Plus (coming soon)
-Demon Gaze
-Mind Zero
-Tales of Hearts R (coming soon)
-Disgaea 3
-Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (coming soon)
-Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God
-Destiny of Spirits
-Dragon Fantasy Book I
-Dragon Fantasy Book II
-Final Fantasy X HD Remaster
-Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster
#4sandslash1Posted 6/13/2014 4:52:17 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5imamelia(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2014 8:53:10 PM
dude_meister512 posted...
stuff

Hm...most of those are already on a console that I already have, though. Rayman Legends, for instance, I would just as soon get on the Wii U, and the Atelier games are already on the PS3.

MrFwibbles posted...
If you discount enhanced ports such as Muramasa Rebirth and Persona 4: Golden, then no.

Aw...I think I speak for most people in saying that Sony really needs to get their act together with this thing and get some more original games onto it.
#6Trupp88Posted 6/13/2014 11:02:52 PM
Mmm....yeah. I'd say the Vita has Platiformers and RPGs down pat....hah...
#7dude_meister512Posted 6/14/2014 3:07:19 AM
imamelia posted...
dude_meister512 posted...
stuff

Hm...most of those are already on a console that I already have, though. Rayman Legends, for instance, I would just as soon get on the Wii U, and the Atelier games are already on the PS3.

Well then there's Tearaway and LBP Vita. Both excellent Vita exclusives. I believe Metrico is also going to be an exclusive.

For RPG exclusives you've still got P4G, Sorcery Saga, Ys: MoC. If you count raid games as RPGs then you've got Soul Sacrifice, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Freedom Wars, Toukiden etc.
#8imamelia(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2014 8:07:58 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot about Tearaway. My first thought when I'm thinking of Vita exclusives is Gravity Rush. And the LittleBigPlanet game is an original one and not just a port of one of the PS3 games? Hm. Sorcery Saga is apparently a roguelike, which sets off my warning bells immediately, but I've never played any Ys games. (And aside from this one, the only ones released in NA are apparently the third game and whatever the DS compilation is.) What's the battle system of those like?
#9dude_meister512Posted 6/14/2014 11:23:27 AM
LBP is not a port. It's a brand new entry in the franchise that some people say is the definitive LBP. Obviously this is before LBP3 comes and innovates the whole thing out of the window.