Sony should just ditch the PS TV since, realistically, nobody will buy it

#1WhatPollPosted 6/15/2014 7:13:46 PM
And simply offer a permanent bundle with the PS4 in November instead. Both system sales are boosted, Vita is "saved", and everybody is happy. Hell, throw in Killzone Mercenary and Shadow Fall in the mix for $100 more, and have it a Killzone double-pack.

Of course, Sony should have done that ever since the PS4 launch. Just hope that Sony's Japan studio localizes all of its games over here. Soul Sacrifice, Gravity Rush, and Freedom Wars just isn't enough.
#2inFAMOUSJakeyPosted 6/15/2014 7:20:23 PM
It's too late now
---
YouTube-inFAMOUSJakey
PSN-inFAMOUSJakey 3DS FC: 1693-2004-2756
#3TinyTim123Posted 6/15/2014 7:22:15 PM
Our local Walmart has had PS4 bundled with Vita since the launch of the PS4.

I suspect other retailers have done so as well.

I still see people that want to play Vita games, but they want to play them on the TV... that's the market that the PSTV is aimed at.

I myself have zero desire to have a PS4... at least until a new TimeSplitters game gets released for it, though PC should get it too, so I still won't need one.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#4WhatPoll(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2014 7:27:16 PM(edited)
inFAMOUSJakey posted...
It's too late now

Sony should have, instead of the PSTV, have you stream games to your TV through a PS4 using the regular Vita itself.

But of course, they think that everybody wants a gimped console which can't play half of its games, all due to using an obsolete controller. I am not even sure if touch based controls are remedied with the PS4 controller.

I love both systems, and this way would have been perfect for me. Simply use the PS Vita like the Wii U gamepad. Stream Vita games to the TV using the PS4. But Sony hates logical reasoning. Which is why the Vita is repeating the PS3's Derp Age (2006 to 2009), and that Derp Age (combined with me owning an Xbox 360 and having all games look and perform better due to simpler console architecture, as well as megetting into PC gaming), prevented me from owning a PS3. Of course, the Derp Age had also to do with E3 2006, a high price point, shoddy and lazy ports, marshmallow triggers, Chad Warden making the "PS Triple" a laughing stock, and PSN being more or less a ripoff of Xbox Live prior to PS+'s introduction.

Sony doesn't like to learn.
#5RogueStatus28Posted 6/15/2014 7:32:45 PM
You don't think the PS Vita TV bundle is a good deal?

The unit itself
Dualshock 3
USB cord
Lego the movie video game
and 8GB Memory Card

$139.99
#6ragnarok01Posted 6/15/2014 7:35:35 PM
I know ill buy one just for fun
#7WhatPoll(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2014 7:36:15 PM
RogueStatus28 posted...
Dualshock 3

Meaning that most Vita games won't be compatible. At all.

RogueStatus28 posted...
USB cord

Standard

RogueStatus28 posted...
Lego the movie video game

Good job. A cheap cash-in instead of Freedom Wars or Soul Sacrifice Delta. Or even Wipeout 2048 with HD and HD Fury.

RogueStatus28 posted...
and 8GB Memory Card

Instead of a 16, 32, or 64 bit.

I am not saying Sony shouldn't do this, but we all know they won't ever market this microconsole. The whole point of this is to play PS Vita games on the TV, even though this could easily be done through the PS4, and still have every last game compatible since you use the Vita as the controller. The game could be played on both the TV and the Vita itself, so all touch based actions won't be compromised.
#8TinyTim123Posted 6/15/2014 7:41:03 PM
WhatPoll posted...
I am not saying Sony shouldn't do this, but we all know they won't ever market this microconsole. The whole point of this is to play PS Vita games on the TV, even though this could easily be done through the PS4, and still have every last game compatible since you use the Vita as the controller. The game could be played on both the TV and the Vita itself, so all touch based actions won't be compromised.

It's all very true; still, not everyone is willing to buy a PS4 to do that.
I've already spelled out the point when I will want a PS4. It's nowhere near to that point for me, and many others.
So what's more appealing to the average consumer that wants to play Vita games on a TV (this assumes they don't already have the PS4)? Paying $140ish for a PS TV, or paying $400 for the PS$, another $200 for the Vita to stream to the PS4?
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#9WhatPoll(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2014 7:48:28 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
So what's more appealing to the average consumer that wants to play Vita games on a TV (this assumes they don't already have the PS4)? Paying $140ish for a PS TV, or paying $400 for the PS$, another $200 for the Vita to stream to the PS4?

Or $500 for both consoles. Hell, make it $600 with both Killzone titles as well. Make Killzone a household name like Call of Duty, each excellent games on their systems, as well as having perhaps the first official bundle of two different systems.

$600 for two consoles and two games sounds more appealing than buying a $400 console with a camera tacked on, except when it's not (don't get be wrong, I love my Xbox One), but having two $500 and $600 bundles would be the way to go. Maybe lower it to $450 and $500 at the minimum,
#10inFAMOUSJakeyPosted 6/15/2014 7:57:00 PM
WhatPoll posted...
TinyTim123 posted...

Or $500 for both consoles. Hell, make it $600 with both Killzone titles as well. Make Killzone a household name like Call of Duty, each excellent games on their systems, as well as having perhaps the first official bundle of two different systems.

$600 for two consoles and two games sounds more appealing than buying a $400 console with a camera tacked on, except when it's not (don't get be wrong, I love my Xbox One), but having two $500 and $600 bundles would be the way to go. Maybe lower it to $450 and $500 at the minimum,

No one is going to pay extra $200 for those 2 games and ps tv.

$500 max
---
YouTube-inFAMOUSJakey
PSN-inFAMOUSJakey 3DS FC: 1693-2004-2756