Sony should just ditch the PS TV since, realistically, nobody will buy it

#11WhatPoll(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2014 8:01:34 PM(edited)
inFAMOUSJakey posted...
No one is going to pay extra $200 for those 2 games and ps tv.

$500 max

Not the PSTV with the PS4. I mean the real non-gimped (to a certain extent) PS Vita. It would truly be a not-gimped PS Vita if they stuck to the OLED screen during it's remodel (as well as kept the accessory port of awesome). No point in having both a PS4 and a PSTV, unless if you REALLY don't like playing games on a console in the same room. Or automatically hate every game which requires touch based, motion control, or camera functionality.
#12DashingfellaPosted 6/15/2014 8:01:49 PM
I'll buy it if I can play Tales of Hearts and Danganronpa on it.
#13filanimetorPosted 6/15/2014 8:08:40 PM
Now if only the PS4 can remote play the vita....
*hides
---
I came here to drink milk and kick ass...
...and I just finished my milk.
#14WhatPoll(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2014 8:09:13 PM
Dashingfella posted...
I'll buy it if I can play Tales of Hearts and Danganronpa on it.

I don't know if those are touch based.

But what I am proposing, no games would ever be excluded. And would serve both systems. Sony should do subtle things this way as to not keep the Vita on life support, but actually let it live on outside of Japan.
#15Sami1000Posted 6/15/2014 8:21:01 PM
There is two outcomes for this:

Parents notice that there is home console for 120/140$ and 450/400$ consoles. Now they will probably buy the cheaper option for their kids. Then their kids notice that it plays Vita games too. Now they want to play Vita games on the go, so they want ps vita too. Just an example. Then there is the crowd who wants to play Vita games with gamepad instead, like me. Then there are the impulse buyers and other people. Us and Eu will see much higher than Japan sales for ps tv that's for sure, still it won't be phenomenal, but should bring profits.

This is IF SONY UNDERSTANDS TO MARKET it this time. Which leads to the second scenario. Sony won't market it. Now the semi gamers don't know wtf that weird cube is for and ignore it. Parents, and casuals thinks its some kind of hdtv accessory or something, and the sales are worse, or same as its in Japan.
#16WhatPoll(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2014 8:34:11 PM(edited)
Sami1000 posted...
This is IF SONY UNDERSTANDS TO MARKET it this time.

Sony can't market it. Their very few commercials consisted on "PALY KONZOL GAEMS ON TEH GO DOODEBROS LOLOLOLOL!1!one!eleven11!1!11!!!one!!".

It should be said that this was at the very point where "console games" meant games that looked and played like s*** due to aging hardware and
the rise of PC gaming (especially Steam) due to the next generation stagnating for 2 more years. You know, the same generating that started in 2005. The same point where PC gaming was one generation ahead 2 years prior to that (and 4 year old PC games still look better than some games released on the PS4 and Xbox one).

You know, instead of playing off of it's name and having it's slogan be "Life" (because Vita means Life in Latin), and advertise it to adults as powerful machine which is a dedicated handheld.
#17TinyTim123Posted 6/15/2014 8:45:10 PM
The PS4 Vita Bundle at my local Walmart is $549. Plus tax. I'm not sure if the Vita comes with a memory card or not, but it doesn't appear to come with any games.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#18DashingfellaPosted 6/15/2014 8:51:57 PM
Didn't know there was a PS4 and Vita bundle out already.
#19TinyTim123Posted 6/15/2014 8:55:47 PM
Dashingfella posted...

Our local Walmart has had one since PS4 launch. It sold well around Black Friday when PS4s were in high demand and short supply. I just came back from picking up some cat litter, so I checked on the price while I was there (I tend to just go to the electronics section for fun anyway).
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#20WhatPoll(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2014 8:59:28 PM
Dashingfella posted...

Not officially.

As in, not GameStop. As in, where most people buy games.