FFXHD Collection has sold 75k on Vita in North America so far (via creamsugar)

#51Sami1000Posted 6/17/2014 5:52:28 AM
SonyhateVita posted...
75k is outstanding cause I swear to god that game look exactly like ps2 version. It's blurry means it not native. If it's not 544p means it's 480p which is the same as ps2 resolution. Pimp meg ryan's face and her? Buddies and the menu and whoa la they called it HD remasters. And it sold 75k. Unbelivable, square pimp a goat give it make up here and there and sold it as a cow. Afterwards they leave the crime scenes forever just like that. Ungrateful, very ungrateful. Shame on you square!

Look ps2 gameplay of FFX from youtube. I had to look the walkthough for one of the trial parts to find destruction sphere, and it was ps2 version. I was at the exact same location and difference is pretty huge. Its way better looking even on Vita than the game was on Ps2.

Also, 75K sounds mediocre to me. If it was like 120K it would sound much better. It would be nice to know how much it sold on EU too.
#52Lucretia_MercesPosted 6/17/2014 6:14:41 AM
That's a pleasant surprise. It did modestly well considering the low install base and it being a multiplatform release.
---
Most Anticipated Games of 2014: Persona Q, Freedom Wars, Bayonetta 2, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, Tokyo Shinseiroku: Operation Abyss.
#53singhellotakuPosted 6/17/2014 6:20:37 AM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
Man, people don't know a good JRPG if it smacked them in the face.

Then again, it's all the bad games that sell gangbusters on this system, so that's par for the course.

it doesn't help the sales are 90% nostalgia, don't forget that a lot of us still have ps2 copies of FFX and X-2
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.
#54smitsonmattPosted 6/21/2014 1:50:47 PM
Count me among the people who bought it for PS3 rather than Vita. But, if it was Vita exclusive that's where I would've bought it no questions asked.
---
Currently Playing: P3P, Watch Dogs, Infamous Second Son
Currently waiting for: Persona 5, Legend of Heroes SC, Tales of Xillia 2
#55Megaman OmegaPosted 6/21/2014 5:26:10 PM
westonticklee posted...
Well LR is a sequel to a sequel. It's not fair to compare it to the first. It would be be better to compare the first to the second, and the second to the third, but not the first to the third.

No matter how you spin it, The FF13 sequels drove the sales of a cliff like no other FF sequel.

westonticklee posted...
And IIRC, each entry sold about half of it's predecesor, which is pretty much the norm for direct sequels.

1.9m is "about half" of 2.4m? lol. That's borderline mathemagic there.
---
LOL at all the whiners and trolls. They know Vita tv and new model will kill all competition. Festering wounds for the Nintendrones by the gallons. - karissa1
#56S1lver_BulletPosted 6/21/2014 10:45:01 PM
not much noticeable graphic difference compared to PS2. Yeah technically saying they draw it from scratch will impressed people... who have that information but those who don't bother comparing it to the ps2 version won't notice which is pointless
and compared to what vita can do nowadays that graphic isn't really impressive. Even worse nothing exclusively added to the Vita version, just one scene from what I've heard and it's just a scene video .. not game related
I loved playing it on the PS2 but there's no way I'm replaying the same game with almost no difference at all to the old version. It feels good and rewarding but only at first then boredom awaits.

although I wish it'd sell well and square would do better in importing other games and added some new features like Kingdom Hearts series
#57MiragecgPosted 6/21/2014 10:52:35 PM
S1lver_Bullet posted...
not much noticeable graphic difference compared to PS2.

The difference are huge in fact.
Saying there isn't not much gaphic difference is big fat lie.