Media Create Week 24 - Karts zooms past Labyrinths, Heroes, Pirates and Thieves

#101Tino_Tonitini2Posted 6/18/2014 3:08:11 PM
Nnamz posted...
Crazy that the PSP still sold a few thousand units and still has a game charting after being discontinued.

3DS will likely pass PSP's hardware sales in Japan, but I don't think it'll happen for quite a while, and it won't be by much when all is said and done given 3DS's downward trajectory in sales this year. In North America 3DS is about to cross paths with the PSP as well, and will have a lower LTD launches aligned I think.

It's crazy that people called the PSP a failure, when it's pretty unlikely that the best selling handheld of this generation likely won't outsell PSP hardware when all is said and done.

I guess the PSP was considered a failure compared to the DS, which is considered one of the best-selling video game systems of all-time. To put it into perspective, I still see some news outlets consider the 3DS a sales failure. Even Nintendo doesn't seem completely happy with 3DS sales. I can't remember the specific instances but, within the last year, Iwata has talked about improving 3DS sales, especially outside of Japan. Once the bar was set that high with the DS, everything that doesn't measure up is a bust.
#102CooperRCPosted 6/18/2014 3:12:33 PM
Is that a new The Legend of Heroes games or a port? In any case, that is a disaster for the first week of sales. There must be something wrong with the game for it to be a complete bomb.
#103INKU48Posted 6/18/2014 4:41:00 PM
CooperRC posted...
Is that a new The Legend of Heroes games or a port? In any case, that is a disaster for the first week of sales. There must be something wrong with the game for it to be a complete bomb.

It's a slightly upgraded PSP port. I can't imagine Falcom are upset with the numbers considering their normal sales. They aren't Square Enix and they don't have their development budgets either. Even their original games don't open with over 100k units. Ys Celceta opened with 42k.
---
ARM7TDMI @ 16.8 MHz | 32 kilobyte + 96 kilobyte VRAM | 256 kilobyte WRAM | 512 simultaneous colors | Dual 8-bit DAC stereo sound
#104talesfan215Posted 6/18/2014 9:18:12 PM
AceAndJunpei posted...
It does make sense I suppose.

It makes sense that you might be a lot of people, but you don't see me making accusations, right? I think all of hustlin's accusations are spot on.
#105CompassPosted 6/18/2014 9:27:48 PM
Hmm, the only other person I've seen agree with the "hustling pimp" is Mark...
#106talesfan215Posted 6/18/2014 9:40:25 PM
Compass posted...

Golden_Mean posted...
^ LOL at that little tirade. Hustlin's right, you're trying too hard.
#107NnamzPosted 6/18/2014 9:40:41 PM
Tino_Tonitini2 posted...
Nnamz posted...
Crazy that the PSP still sold a few thousand units and still has a game charting after being discontinued.

3DS will likely pass PSP's hardware sales in Japan, but I don't think it'll happen for quite a while, and it won't be by much when all is said and done given 3DS's downward trajectory in sales this year. In North America 3DS is about to cross paths with the PSP as well, and will have a lower LTD launches aligned I think.

It's crazy that people called the PSP a failure, when it's pretty unlikely that the best selling handheld of this generation likely won't outsell PSP hardware when all is said and done.

I guess the PSP was considered a failure compared to the DS, which is considered one of the best-selling video game systems of all-time. To put it into perspective, I still see some news outlets consider the 3DS a sales failure. Even Nintendo doesn't seem completely happy with 3DS sales. I can't remember the specific instances but, within the last year, Iwata has talked about improving 3DS sales, especially outside of Japan. Once the bar was set that high with the DS, everything that doesn't measure up is a bust.

Yeah Nintendo has been completely honest and realistic about the 3DS's sales. There is no question that 3DS is indeed a a success (albeit, a modest one when talking worldwide sales). Anybody calling it a failure really has their standards set too high.

My post was about the same Nintendronies who constantly hammered the PSP, saying it was dead a couple of years after it launched, yet freak out when anyone implies the 3DS is anything other than a massive success for Nintendo. They know who they are. And it is sad.

PSP and 3DS's Japanese support will be fairly comparable when all is said and done. PSP's western support was unquestionably stronger than 3DS's is now. And worldwide hardware sales will likely have PSP coming out on top when 3DS is discontinued. Yet 3DS is a huge success and PSP was a failure? That's what I'm getting at.

It's more of a market thing anyway. 3DS's sales are extremely impressive given the market it launched into.
#108hustlin_pimpstePosted 6/18/2014 9:47:47 PM
talesfan215 posted...
Compass posted...

Golden_Mean posted...
^ LOL at that little tirade. Hustlin's right, you're trying too hard.

Thought I was done with arguing in this thread, but felt the urge to respond to "compass" and his usual crap. I don't care if people agree with me, unlike some. You act like people actually see you as something other than a joke, yet I know - and maybe a lot of other people do - that the only people who ever agree with you are the usual crowd you brought over to revenge troll this board all those years ago.

And to be perfectly honest, I would rather be very much alone than have a group of liars, hypocrites and "lol metdown lololol" circle quoters like that "backing me up."

But that is just my opinion, you know, so I guess it is entirely subjective.

*disappears into a cloud of "compass" grammagics*
---
http://letvent.com/2014/02/23/2-cows/
http://imgur.com/b1XpFy1
#109talesfan215Posted 6/18/2014 9:49:25 PM
Yeah, sorry about that hustlin. Didn't mean to put you on the spot like that.
#110Canas_RenvallPosted 6/19/2014 12:02:02 AM
Tino_Tonitini2 posted...
Nnamz posted...

Actually, it's not considered one of the best-selling systems of all time, it is the best-selling system of all time. It just barely surpassed the PS2... last year I believe? Or maybe two years ago. But yeah, it's the number one selling system, handheld or home console, of all time. :)
---
I don't see Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony. I see Mario, Zelda, Uncharted, Resident Evil, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, etc. Play games, not companies.