Media Create Week 24 - Karts zooms past Labyrinths, Heroes, Pirates and Thieves

#111NnamzPosted 6/19/2014 12:02:22 AM
Canas_Renvall posted...
Actually, it's not considered one of the best-selling systems of all time, it is the best-selling system of all time. It just barely surpassed the PS2... last year I believe? Or maybe two years ago. But yeah, it's the number one selling system, handheld or home console, of all time. :)

No.

It got close but was off by a few million. It did not outsell the PS2 before being discontinued.
#112CompassPosted 6/19/2014 10:49:47 AM
hustlin_pimpste posted...
Thought I was done with arguing in this thread

The rest of us knew better.
#113blunderminePosted 6/20/2014 7:13:35 AM
Megaman Omega posted...
blundermine posted...
Megaman Omega posted...
Nnamz posted...
3DS will likely pass PSP's hardware sales in Japan, but I don't think it'll happen for quite a while, and it won't be by much when all is said and done given 3DS's downward trajectory in sales this year. In North America 3DS is about to cross paths with the PSP as well, and will have a lower LTD launches aligned I think.

The 3DS needs new hardware to sell in big amounts again. Everyone in Japan that wants one already got one, so Nintendo needs to make a revision to get everyone to buy a second (or third) 3DS. However, with all the bad decisions that Nintendo has been making the last three years, i doubt that something like a meaningful 3DS revision is going to happen.

If Nintendo could choose between have people buy 5 games or a new piece of hardware, they'd choose the games every time. They would probably rather sell 2 games than a new piece of hardware. It doesn't seem like it would be in their interest to get people to waste money on new hardware when they could push more games.

It's usually not a choice between making more games and making more hardware. Different teams are working on making games and hardware R&D. That said, the only way to sell big amounts hardware to a saturated userbase is to release a compelling revision.

What I mean is that in terms of profit margin, games are significantly higher than hardware. And given that most people work on some kind of budget, Nintendo would probably prefer you to spend that budget on games vs hardware. The only real reason they would have to release new hardware is if they want new functionality, like with the DSi. Reselling the same hardware to an already saturated user base might actually be counterproductive to making profit. It would just make their numbers look better.
#114AceAndJunpeiPosted 6/20/2014 8:37:32 AM
talesfan215 posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
It does make sense I suppose.

It makes sense that you might be a lot of people, but you don't see me making accusations, right? I think all of hustlin's accusations are spot on.

Actually you have publicly made those accusations a number of times.

The fact you're getting so upset suggests to me that it's true.

Now calm the f*** down, son.
#115Null_GainPosted 6/20/2014 9:05:39 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...
talesfan215 posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...

It makes sense that you might be a lot of people, but you don't see me making accusations, right? I think all of hustlin's accusations are spot on.

Isn't talesfan the main account of dashingfella?
#116AceAndJunpeiPosted 6/20/2014 9:07:01 AM
Null_Gain posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
talesfan215 posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...

Isn't talesfan the main account of dashingfella?

It's certainly starting to look like it. Until a day or two ago I didn't suspect it in the least, but now looking back at some PMs Talesfan sent me, the evidence is there.
#117talesfan215Posted 6/20/2014 9:16:16 AM(edited)
Eh, what pm Ace? All I remember was a PM from you from one of your alts sending me your PSN name, which got banned too. Think what you want, but you have actually been caught alting, among other things I won't say here. I suggest you follow your advice and calm down too son.

AceAndJunpei posted...
Marked for trolling; false info as fact.

I hope you're next.
#118hustlin_pimpstePosted 6/20/2014 9:16:09 AM
Talesfan being DashingFella is a guess by one GFAQs member, so if you want to believe it with no evidence yourself, go for it.

But let's not start harassing people based on their being possible alts. You remember how that annoys you, Ace?
---
Grammagics is entirely subjective. Or is that objective? Wow, it is trickier than I thought.
#119talesfan215Posted 6/20/2014 9:17:15 AM
The only one who knows me since I joined hasn't brought it up once. Ace, like Lemon who has accused me, doesn't really know me either. I really don't care what some newbies like AceAndJunpei think.
#120hustlin_pimpstePosted 6/20/2014 9:20:12 AM
talesfan215 posted...
Eh, what pm Ace? All I remember was a PM from you from one of your alts sending me your PSN name, which got banned too. Think what you want, but you have actually been caught alting, among other things I won't say here. I suggest you follow your advice and calm down too son.

AceAndJunpei posted...
Marked for trolling; false info as fact.

I hope you're next.

One of his alts pm'd you? Ace with alts? Surely not. He attacks everyone else who he thinks he has alts yet you say he has had banned alts in the past?

My, the village elders must hear about this shocking news at once.
---
Grammagics is entirely subjective. Or is that objective? Wow, it is trickier than I thought.