Media Create Week 24 - Karts zooms past Labyrinths, Heroes, Pirates and Thieves

#71NnamzPosted 6/18/2014 11:30:22 AM
Megaman Omega posted...
Nnamz posted...
3DS will likely pass PSP's hardware sales in Japan, but I don't think it'll happen for quite a while, and it won't be by much when all is said and done given 3DS's downward trajectory in sales this year. In North America 3DS is about to cross paths with the PSP as well, and will have a lower LTD launches aligned I think.

The 3DS needs new hardware to sell in big amounts again. Everyone in Japan that wants one already got one, so Nintendo needs to make a revision to get everyone to buy a second (or third) 3DS. However, with all the bad decisions that Nintendo has been making the last three years, i doubt that something like a meaningful 3DS revision is going to happen.

What would you put in a revision though? XL solved all the issues the vanilla model had without increasing the power or giving it another stick, both of which are not really viable options. I can't think of anything else they can add.

Maybe a price cut would do it. The economy is crap right now.
#72AceAndJunpeiPosted 6/18/2014 11:32:45 AM
Wait, Talesfan is Mark?

I'm interested in hearing more about this. It does make sense I suppose.
#73sentoworfPosted 6/18/2014 11:38:13 AM
It's all speculation. I doubt Mark is a Talesfan alt. Though I haven't seen much of Talesfan since the December sales bump nonsense.
---
3DS FC: 2578-4434-3850----Steel-----Bronzong, Forretress,Ferroseed
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#74CompassPosted 6/18/2014 11:40:04 AM
I kind of doubt talesfan is Mark. You never really see talesfan backing up a Mark alt or vice versa, and we all know Mark doesn't have that kind of self-control.
#75CompassPosted 6/18/2014 11:41:20 AM
Megaman Omega posted...
I have to agree with this. It has always been very ridiculous, but now it's taking a turn for the silly. Basically, hustlin now is saying "I hate you all so much that i put you all on ignore! But i still do the best i can to read your posts nevertheless and i even hired another person to send me PMs for this very purpose!"

lmao.
#76Megaman OmegaPosted 6/18/2014 11:42:43 AM
Nnamz posted...
What would you put in a revision though?

A 3HDS. It would never happen, of course. but it wouldn't be very hard to do and the graphics/resolution is one of the biggest gripes that people got with the system. Heck, the 2DS pulled the stunt of running two screens on one screen, so to speak.

At a resolution of 800x480 or 1200x720 it could run 3DS games natively. Anyone who has developed for the PC knows that it is no issue whatsoever to make a game support multiple resolutions and GPU setups. New games would run on the 3DS/XL/2DS in 240p and on the 3HDS in 720p. Old games would run in 240 on both and could be patched to run in 720p on the 3HDS.

Neither a 720p screen nor a significantly more powerful GPU would be too expensive nowadays. Heck, Samsung's latest phone has a 1440p screen that costs $63. The 3DS' screen cost $50 or so when it came out, if i remember correctly.

And while they're at it, they could also reduce the size of the borders, make shoulder buttons that don't break, maybe even build in the NFC reader so it can use that without the addon, etc.

But yeah, it's Nintendo, so perish the thought.
---
LOL at all the whiners and trolls. They know Vita tv and new model will kill all competition. Festering wounds for the Nintendrones by the gallons. - karissa1
#77sentoworfPosted 6/18/2014 11:43:38 AM
That just sounds like what they would make their next handheld be.
---
3DS FC: 2578-4434-3850----Steel-----Bronzong, Forretress,Ferroseed
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#78OoseyePosted 6/18/2014 11:43:53 AM
Compass posted...
we all know Mark doesn't have that kind of self-control.

That kind? He has no self-control. Go to the MC on the Wii U board. He's deleted at least 10 of his own posts there.
---
PLAYING: Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, Fire Emblem: The Sword of Flame & Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
#79AceAndJunpeiPosted 6/18/2014 11:48:14 AM
Ooseye posted...
Compass posted...
we all know Mark doesn't have that kind of self-control.

That kind? He has no self-control. Go to the MC on the Wii U board. He's deleted at least 10 of his own posts there.

Hey, I thought you were me!
#80Megaman OmegaPosted 6/18/2014 11:48:53 AM
sentoworf posted...
It's all speculation. I doubt Mark is a Talesfan alt. Though I haven't seen much of Talesfan since the December sales bump nonsense.

I don't think Mark is Talesfan either. After all the mark alts we've been through, it's usually fairly obvious which one is mark and which one isn't. Also, i've talked to Talesfan and he seemed to have learned the errors of his ways. He really seemed like he wanted to stop all the fanboy business and be a good poster instead. I don't think mark could ever have the courage to do that.

But what do i know, my "Trolls/Fanboys/Craziness" sensor has been through a lot lately so it might be broken. :P
---
LOL at all the whiners and trolls. They know Vita tv and new model will kill all competition. Festering wounds for the Nintendrones by the gallons. - karissa1