Shahid and others "working their butts off" for more #jrpgvita

#71Kazuhira07Posted 6/18/2014 7:43:25 PM
Whatever JRPG is announced next, Shahid will give credit to #jrpgvita even if they had nothing to do with it. Just like he did with Type-0
---
PSN: Kazuhira07
#72TinyTim123Posted 6/18/2014 7:43:26 PM
INKU48 posted...
TinyTim123 posted...
INKU48 posted...
stalemate_666 posted...
We don't care if typo-0 is vita exclusive we just want it on vita.

They have to remake all assets to get it on the PS4 and Xbone probably. A Vita version would likely require an equal amount of additional work. And why would people buy the inferior Vita version, especially when you can remote play the better version? Then there is the $40 Vita game vs. $60 PS4 game disparity.

Once again, what I don't get is why not release the PSP version in English on PSN for the Vita along with doing the port to PS4 and XBoxOne? That seems only logical, which may be the problem.
I mean, it's not like it will make everyone ecstatic, but at least it would be something and certainly make more people happy.

Companies are worried that the widespread PSP piracy will eat sales rather than add them. Even at $40 people see a PSP game as ridiculously overpriced these days. On the PS4 they can charge $60 without anyone complaining.

Piracy, a very low active install base and $40 vs. $60.

If they're worried about piracy, it's too late to seal that genie back in the bottle. The Type Zero with the English patch has already been released; because of this the only people suffering are the legit customers.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#73INKU48(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2014 7:43:50 PM
filanimetor posted...
INKU48 posted...
stalemate_666 posted...

They have to remake all assets to get it on the PS4 and Xbone probably. A Vita version would likely require an equal amount of additional work. And why would people buy the inferior Vita version, especially when you can remote play the better version? Then there is the $40 Vita game vs. $60 PS4 game disparity.

Lol what.!?!?
A LOT of fans want it on the Vita and NOT the PS4. Not all Vita owners have a PS4 and will NOT get one just to play type-0.

The Vita version would be inferior to the PS4 version and PS4 games sell like hotcakes while Vita games don't. I'm not saying everyone would buy the PS4 version over the Vita version but I'm convinced the PS4 version would sell more.

Even the PS3 version of FFX | X-2 outsold the Vita version by 3:1 in the US and PS4 games sell way more than PS3 games at this point.
---
ARM7TDMI @ 16.8 MHz | 32 kilobyte + 96 kilobyte VRAM | 256 kilobyte WRAM | 512 simultaneous colors | Dual 8-bit DAC stereo sound
#74Lucretia_MercesPosted 6/18/2014 7:48:23 PM
To Oh Good Grief:

That makes sense then. I knew the origins of the campaign were initially an inquiry to see what JRPGs the Vita community wanted to see localized. I believe Hearts R was first and either PSO2 or Type-0 was second.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but I still remain a little suspicious.
---
Most Anticipated Games of 2014: Persona Q, Freedom Wars, Bayonetta 2, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, Tokyo Shinseiroku: Operation Abyss.
#75Evil_Snake89Posted 6/18/2014 7:48:47 PM
Once again, what I don't get is why not release the PSP version in English on PSN for the Vita along with doing the port to PS4 and XBoxOne? That seems only logical, which may be the problem.

this is pretty much all anyone wanted. No one asked for an HD remake...

Maybe after Type-0 is out for the PS4 and Xbox, they might release the original PSP version on the Vita's PSN.
#76filanimetorPosted 6/18/2014 7:53:08 PM
INKU48 posted...
filanimetor posted...
INKU48 posted...
stalemate_666 posted...

Lol what.!?!?
A LOT of fans want it on the Vita and NOT the PS4. Not all Vita owners have a PS4 and will NOT get one just to play type-0.

The Vita version would be inferior to the PS4 version and PS4 games sell like hotcakes while Vita games don't. I'm not saying everyone would buy the PS4 version over the Vita version but I'm convinced the PS4 version would sell more.

Even the PS3 version of FFX | X-2 outsold the Vita version by 3:1 in the US and PS4 games sell way more than PS3 games at this point.

For a game that was originally released on the PSP it really doesn't matter if the PS4 ver is inferior. And you really cant compare FFX with Type-0. FFX was originally released on a console, not a handheld.
---
I came here to drink milk and kick ass...
...and I just finished my milk.
#77INKU48(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2014 7:56:37 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
If they're worried about piracy, it's too late to seal that genie back in the bottle. The Type Zero with the English patch has already been released; because of this the only people suffering are the legit customers.

We don't really know when the plans for the PS4 and Xbox One version were finalized so we can't really speculate on how the translation patch influenced it. There is still the $40 vs. $60 difference and that the PSP active install base is very small judging by everything.

Now you have to pay $60 for the legit version with a full translation and voice acting. If there was a Square Enix endorsed PSP version on the market, you wouldn't have to because of piracy.

I personally don't think that a digital PSP download for $40 would sell very well at all when there is a superior PS4 version available and even if it did, they'd rather see you pay $60. Square Enix seems to agree with this.
---
ARM7TDMI @ 16.8 MHz | 32 kilobyte + 96 kilobyte VRAM | 256 kilobyte WRAM | 512 simultaneous colors | Dual 8-bit DAC stereo sound
#78TinyTim123Posted 6/18/2014 8:03:01 PM
INKU48 posted...
TinyTim123 posted...

We don't really know when the plans for the PS4 and Xbox One version were finalized so we can't really speculate on how the translation patch influenced it. There is still the $40 vs. $60 difference and that the PSP active install base is very small judging by everything.

Now you have to pay $60 for the legit version with a full translation and voice acting. If there was a Square Enix endorsed PSP version on the market, you wouldn't have to because of piracy.

I personally don't think that a digital PSP download for $40 would sell very well at all when there is a superior PS4 version available and even if it did, they'd rather see you pay $60. Square Enix seems to agree with this.

I agree with most of what you're saying, but why would it have to be $40? I think $20 is a price point most of the legit customers would gladly pay; it's a point that won't turn too many people off for it being "too expensive", but it's certainly more than enough for Square to make back any money put into localizing the game. Even $25 is still a price point that I think most people would say "Eh, it's a little pricey, but, okay! I'll get it!"
Again, we're talking about people that are legit customers; not people who don't care and have already played it using whatever means.
Finally, just to back up the point of it being less than $40, I got a fair amount of PSP games as soon as they were released on UMD, with the MSRP of $20 (Phantom Brave, certainly a port, comes immediately to mind). It's a game that was brand new in Japan almost 3 years ago. I think it reasonable to assume that even Square might consider releasing the PSP version for less than $40.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#79INKU48(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2014 8:06:37 PM
filanimetor posted...
For a game that was originally released on the PSP it really doesn't matter if the PS4 ver is inferior. And you really cant compare FFX with Type-0. FFX was originally released on a console, not a handheld.

I see no reason to believe any of this. Why wouldn't it matter? The second statement also sounds based on thin air.
---
#80Fray_MakenPosted 6/18/2014 8:09:13 PM
Kazuhira07 posted...
Whatever JRPG is announced next, Shahid will give credit to #jrpgvita even if they had nothing to do with it. Just like he did with Type-0

Well after all...

Shahid Kamal Ahmad
I have, along with my team, worked on delivering more titles for the Vita than any other entity in the world. We are proud of that.

https://twitter.com/shahidkamal/status/476974669921128448
---
PSN ID: