Shahid and others "working their butts off" for more #jrpgvita

#81INKU48(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2014 9:09:23 PM
Releasing it on PSP for $20 only makes it worse. Everyone who buys it on PSP instead of PS4 would "cost them" $40 because the PS4 version will be $60. They want you to pay as much as possible and no one has a problem paying $60 on the PS4.
---
ARM7TDMI @ 16.8 MHz | 32 kilobyte + 96 kilobyte VRAM | 256 kilobyte WRAM | 512 simultaneous colors | Dual 8-bit DAC stereo sound
#82TinyTim123Posted 6/18/2014 9:18:05 PM
INKU48 posted...
Releasing it on PSP for $20 only makes it worse. Everyone who buys it on PSP instead of PS4 would "cost them" $40 because the PS4 version will be $60. They want you to pay as much as possible and no one has a problem paying $60 on the PS4.

Different audiences though. Of course most people who have a PS4 will want the "superior" version there. That leaves everyone without a PS4 or an XBoxOne without a legit way to play. It's basic business / economic strategy to fill a need at a price point that maximizes consumer consumption. It's likely to be a minimal additional cost to translate everything on the Vita for Square, because they're already doing it on the PS4/X1.
You view it as Square "losing" $40. I view it as Square making $20 that they wouldn't have earned otherwise.
Naturally the market would determine which of us is more correct in this case.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#83stalemate_666Posted 6/18/2014 9:46:32 PM
INKU48 posted...
stalemate_666 posted...
We don't care if typo-0 is vita exclusive we just want it on vita.

They have to remake all assets to get it on the PS4 and Xbone probably. A Vita version would likely require an equal amount of additional work. And why would people buy the inferior Vita version, especially when you can remote play the better version? Then there is the $40 Vita game vs. $60 PS4 game disparity.

It's a enhanced port the assets are psp not ps4 and ps4 and vita were made to be easily portable thus all the cross indie games. I doubt it would cost much. I also don't see how vita version will be inferior when it's a psp game it's not like being on ps4 will change that fact, at most it will be higher resolution on ps4 but with smaller screen on vita that point is moot anyways and some people like playing games on the go you know when they don't have wifi, and some other people don't have/want a ps4 or xbone.

That's probably the only reason it's on ps4/xbone instead of vita because they want to charge 60 bucks for a psp game.
---
psn: Stalemate666
#84NnamzPosted 6/18/2014 9:58:37 PM
Regardless of whether Shahid is, or is not actively trying to get more #JRPGVita on the platform, it does not change the fact that Yoshida flat out admitted they are going to be making less games for the Vita.

Last year SCEA produced nothing for Vita. SCEE produced 2 (fantastic) games. So 2 games. And now there is going to be less. So I'm going to go with 0 games from Sony's western studios.

I like Sony games. Vita is a (relatively new) Sony platform. Why won't Sony make games for their own platform? How on earth do they think they can get 3rd party devs (outside of indies) to support the platform if THEY won't even support it.

I wish they could see how damaging this has been to Vita gamers. Indies are fantastic. I'm fine with even the MAJORITY of my gaming experiences on Vita being indie games. I'm fine with 3-4 SCEA or SCEE games PER YEAR on Vita and indies/localizations in between. But this **** is just unacceptable. And anybody damage controlling this is part of the problem.
#85iDoneGotUPosted 6/18/2014 10:03:25 PM
Last time I heard of him we ended up getting FF Type 0 on PS4!
---
But there is one thing a Saiyan always keep... his PRIDE!
http://i.imgur.com/xxLsTwZ.gif
#86sentoworfPosted 6/18/2014 10:07:14 PM
iDoneGotU posted...
Last time I heard of him we ended up getting FF Type 0 on PS4!

Isn't he amazing?! Can't wait to see what other PS4 games he'll get us.
---
3DS FC: 2578-4434-3850----Steel-----Bronzong, Forretress,Ferroseed
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#87hustlin_pimpstePosted 6/18/2014 10:10:11 PM
No doubt some really hardcore, tech-pushing title extraordinaire like Pac Man or Asteroids - obviously graphically toned down so the PS4 can actually run them at 1080/60, you know?
---
Grammagics is entirely subjective. Or is that objective? Wow, it is trickier than I thought.
#88Xerneas1Posted 6/18/2014 10:18:43 PM(edited)
lol at u guys one moment Shahid is the vita' savior

now he is a liar
---
http://www.thegoodykitchen.com/RecipePhotos/17072013090017-bechamel.jpg
yummy
#89NinjaPirateDoodPosted 6/18/2014 10:18:11 PM
if by "working their butts off" they mean "doing f*** all", then yeah, they're workin' overtime
---
"All according to keikaku >:)"
[Translator's Note: "keikaku" means "plan"]
#90hustlin_pimpstePosted 6/18/2014 10:20:07 PM
Xerneas1 posted...
lol at u guys one moment Shahid is the vita' savior

now he is a liar

I think you will find a lot of people around here never saw him as anything like a saviour. I give credit where it's due, not blind worship.
---
Grammagics is entirely subjective. Or is that objective? Wow, it is trickier than I thought.