Would I like P4G if I didn't like SMT IV?

#11OoseyePosted 6/19/2014 1:03:21 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
but the combat does require some strategy lets not pretend they are Final Fantasy.

You are right again good sir.
---
PLAYING: Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, Fire Emblem: The Sword of Flame & Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
#12OoseyePosted 6/19/2014 1:04:59 PM
Gallusz posted...
I dislike SMT IV. But love Nocturne. Ergo I love P4G.

Nocturne is nothing like the new Persona games so I have no clue what you're trying to say here.
---
PLAYING: Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, Fire Emblem: The Sword of Flame & Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
#13Kazuhira07Posted 6/19/2014 1:11:08 PM
Ooseye posted...
P4G is nothing like SMT IV besides some minor gameplay elements. But with that in mind SMT IV is still way better than Persona.

B..b. but... Persona Q is going to be the best Persona yet!
---
PSN: Kazuhira07
#14OoseyePosted 6/19/2014 1:21:27 PM
Kazuhira07 posted...
Ooseye posted...
P4G is nothing like SMT IV besides some minor gameplay elements. But with that in mind SMT IV is still way better than Persona.

B..b. but... Persona Q is going to be the best Persona yet!

Not sure what that has to do with what I said but Q will have superior gameplay since it's based on Etrian Odyssey so that is definitely a plus.
---
#15Djwlfpack9(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2014 2:26:48 PM
So, in summary, would P4G be a good game for someone looking to get into the RPG genre?
#16OoseyePosted 6/19/2014 2:34:35 PM
No, its good for RPG fans who want to get into dating sims though.
---
#17CaptainLukaPosted 6/19/2014 2:56:48 PM
Ooseye posted...

This. This poster has been absolutely spewing truth this whole thread.
---
PSN: Tyrannikos | 3DS FC: 4640-0120-2089
Playing: Hyperdimension Neptunia V, Terraria
#18BuretsuPosted 6/19/2014 2:58:56 PM
CaptainLuka posted...
Ooseye posted...

This. This poster has been absolutely spewing truth this whole thread.

Oh, honey, he's been spewing something, but it ain't truth.
---
Fall 2014: Persona Q for 3DS; 2015: Persona 5 for PS3
It's happening! It's happening!!
#19westontickleePosted 6/19/2014 3:02:08 PM
Ooseye posted...

---
Royal Court: Queen Jiggs, Princess Flabebe, Lord Nyaoni, Lady Meowstic, Empress Delphox
JiggsNation Territories: Pokemon X, FFXV, LR: FFXIII, P4G and P5 Boards
#20RatheVPosted 6/19/2014 3:03:35 PM
My history with the SMT series:

Hated SMT4
Loved Devil Survivor Overclocked
Currently 30 hours into P4G, loving it.

The combat is far less broken - it's not as easy to get free turns with super-effective moves, meaning that battles aren't decided simply by who gets the first turn on the field. Getting new Personas (Demons) is still luck-based, but it happens after the battle as opposed to during it, so you don't get frustrated and lose a bunch of items or health while trying to negotiate.

The story is far more interesting, too. The downside is, depending on difficulty, you'll spend far more time outside of the dungeons than in them, talking to people to increase your social links, and slowly incrementing 'social stats' that give you additional options (courage, dilligence, etc) I still find this interesting, though - if you've played Fire Emblem Awakening, it's kinda like the support conversations in that game, except with fewer characters and more conversations between them.