The prices for PS Now rentals have been revealed.

#111Lucretia_Merces(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 5:46:39 AM
To Goon(although I'm not sure why I'm bothering responding to you):

Answer me something. Do you think these prices are reasonable? Yes or no.

In general, I dislike the fact that it's a rental service. I'd prefer it if it was based on a subscription much like PS+ is. The prices themselves kinda absurd. Especially the 4 hour one. $3-$5 is too much for such a short duration. Here's a theory. Perhaps they can keep the 4 hour length and lower the price to $1-$2. This would have an important caveat to it however. You would only be able to rent the 4 hour length once for each individual game. I guess the existence of this length is essentially a long demo to acclimate yourself to the game and formulate an opinion on it. If you like it, you can rent it for a week, month or three months for a slight discount compared to standard rental prices.
---
Most Anticipated Games of 2014: Persona Q, Freedom Wars, Bayonetta 2, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, Tokyo Shinseiroku: Operation Abyss.
#112Lucretia_Merces(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 5:52:21 AM
To Triangular Twig:

These prices could be tentative place holders or the could be legitimate. There's no way of knowing for certain as of yet. I just find it weird that they're actually charging when this going into open beta.
---
Most Anticipated Games of 2014: Persona Q, Freedom Wars, Bayonetta 2, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, Tokyo Shinseiroku: Operation Abyss.
#113OhGoodGriefPosted 6/20/2014 5:52:42 AM
Do you just make really long posts and grab a thesaurus to make it seem like you're not completely oblivious?
#114AjidoMarujidoPosted 6/20/2014 6:01:53 AM
Wow Sony, just wow... It's like they don't even want this to succeed.

If this doesn't end up being a subscription service, there's no way that it'll work, especially at those prices.
---
[[Currently Playing]] -- Watch_Dogs (PS4), Mario Kart 8 (Wii U), Mind=0 (Vita)
[[PSN - MilesEdgeworth]] ~ [[XBL - The 22nd]]
#115ChemicalBurritoPosted 6/20/2014 6:11:51 AM
So far, I'm seeing that Sony wants us to pay full retail to rent old games for 90 days? Well, good luck with that, but Sony can count me out.

#PSNEVER, anyone? ;)
---
My game collection: http://chemicalburrito.com
Now playing: Bravely Default (3DS), FFX (Vita), ToS (PS3)
#116NemerlightPosted 6/20/2014 6:19:18 AM
Does that include time spend downloading or from the moment you start playing?
---
Miami Heat not champions of 2014.
#117ChemicalBurritoPosted 6/20/2014 6:19:40 AM
Something to consider -

Netflix; pay one reasonable subscription fee, have access to the entire catalog - Extremely successful.

Blockbuster's digital service; Rent videos individually for high prices - Dead, gone ... along with tbe rest of the company.
---
My game collection: http://chemicalburrito.com
Now playing: Bravely Default (3DS), FFX (Vita), ToS (PS3)
#118ZerabpPosted 6/20/2014 6:29:50 AM
PSnow should quite frankly be included with a PS+ subscription.
---
XBL Gamertag:SentinelZ PSnetwork ID: SentinelZ
"Bloody wars are easier to survive than idiots with ballots. " Neal Boortz
#119king_zettaPosted 6/20/2014 6:59:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#120superbuu3Posted 6/20/2014 7:00:32 AM
who takes 3 months to finish a game, I find it funny people jump immediately to that price.
---
razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A chilled out forum where basically anything goes. (Members have greater access and no ads).