The prices for PS Now rentals have been revealed.

#131ConsumerWarningPosted 6/20/2014 6:52:39 AM
I think this will only work if they adopt a "netflix" model; one flat monthly fee for unlimited streaming.

Paying an individual fee per rental is just, well, dumb.
---
The 80's are over and the conservatives lost.
#132hotgamerPosted 6/20/2014 7:04:15 AM
This is only for PS3 games, so if you have a PS3, this service is worthless.

As for PS1 and PS2 games, Backward compatibility maybe patched in later in the ps4.
---
Trying to contain the chaos is futile.
#133superbuu3Posted 6/20/2014 7:15:15 AM
Ooseye posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...
superbuu3 posted...
who takes 3 months to finish a game, I find it funny people jump immediately to that price.

People with lives.

That must be a very alien concept to him.

Admittedly I don't have kids, but 3 months is still pretty excessive. Also I'm a professional games reviewer, so technically work is gaming.
---
razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A chilled out forum where basically anything goes. (Members have greater access and no ads).
#134superbuu3Posted 6/20/2014 7:18:13 AM
patkelly929 posted...
superbuu3 posted...
who takes 3 months to finish a game, I find it funny people jump immediately to that price.

As much as I dislike the price, there are people who do things beyond work or school, and then game. In my case, for example, I have a wedding to plan, a couple weddings to be a part of, karate classes, traveling to visit my family outside of the state, social events with work friends and friends outside of work... 3 months is realistic for people who do things besides play video games. It took me that long to finish ACIV, just because there's plenty of stuff going on.

Yeah but ask yourself are you going to be renting games when you got that busy a schedule and i'm certain you won't. Anyone who rents a game, (I'm saying rent not buy here) and doesn't have the time is plain stupid.
---
A chilled out forum where basically anything goes. (Members have greater access and no ads).
#135MinamoPosted 6/20/2014 7:31:35 AM(edited)
Nnamz posted...
animefan1000 posted...
Or maybe they like actually owning their games.

What kind of rental service lets you own the games?

Gamefly... sorta? I mean I have Tales of Graces f rented out right now, I could buy it if I wanted and get the case and manual shipped for free. If PSNow eventually offers the ability to buy your PS4 "stream rentals" (because who is going to rent an RPG for three months at these prices), then you wouldn't be buying a physical product.
#136superbuu3Posted 6/20/2014 7:29:26 AM
I think people are forgetting a few RPGs that are disc only end up hitting astronomicall prices second hand. I'm sure people will buy those.
---
#137StrikeNinja24Posted 6/20/2014 7:32:42 AM
superbuu3 posted...
Ooseye posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...
superbuu3 posted...

People with lives.

That must be a very alien concept to him.

Admittedly I don't have kids, but 3 months is still pretty excessive. Also I'm a professional games reviewer, so technically work is gaming.

Kids? Jobs? Communication with other humans? Anything?
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#138OhGoodGriefPosted 6/20/2014 7:37:46 AM
Whoa guys. Just because he has trouble empathizing with other people's gaming lifestyle doesn't mean he lacks a life.
You're just bullying him now.
#139DashingfellaPosted 6/20/2014 7:40:06 AM
I find it funny how Strike keeps egging on other people about having no social skills, being basement dwellers, etc. Look at him, being 29 and all with no life of his own other than troll Vita forums.
#140dormcastePosted 6/20/2014 7:42:48 AM(edited)
At these prices I'd rather just buy the game instead

king_zetta posted...
8 bucks for a week is great! That's all you need.

Yeah, maybe if you have no life.