The prices for PS Now rentals have been revealed.

#21uncharted1212Posted 6/19/2014 6:32:27 PM
i hope sony goes with a subscription
#22inFAMOUSJakeyPosted 6/19/2014 6:32:41 PM
I just can't believe Sony thinks this service could replace having more quality titles on vita...
---
YouTube-inFAMOUSJakey
PSN-inFAMOUSJakey 3DS FC: 1693-2004-2756
#23TinyTim123Posted 6/19/2014 6:34:44 PM
Is there any kind of subscription fee on top of the game fee? Do we know that yet? Or are they going to majorly update the firmware on all of our systems at once to make this accessible to all modern Playstation devices?
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#24OoseyePosted 6/19/2014 6:35:27 PM
Sami1000 posted...
Yeah, i remain skeptical about this.

After all the lies and disappointment most rational people would be skeptical.
---
PLAYING: Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, Fire Emblem: The Sword of Flame & Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
#25NurranurraPosted 6/19/2014 6:35:58 PM
30$ for 3months? Better to just buy the game.
#26Lucretia_Merces(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2014 6:37:43 PM
I'm just really baffled by the 4 hour rental duration. That just seems to be a really weird length of time to rent a game for.
---
Most Anticipated Games of 2014: Persona Q, Freedom Wars, Bayonetta 2, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, Tokyo Shinseiroku: Operation Abyss.
#27will57Posted 6/19/2014 6:40:30 PM
XphoenixedgeX posted...
The prices look fair to me, except for the 4 hour rate. 24 hours for $3 would be better.

I thought that at first as well, but seeing as you can also more than likely find a copy of one of the games that will be available on PS Now (I doubt they're going to have new titles available for rent) for around the same price, if not cheaper, at least when you select the 3 month+ option.

Also, even if it were a new game, if you were to choose the option that gives you a couple of hours, it's more than likely going to result in either finding out that you might actually want to buy it or you'll be glad you didn't buy it for full price, and that actually sounds like it might be nice.
Yet if you were to choose the 3month+ option (once again, assuming new titles may be available for rent) then you might have been better off just buying the game and keeping it for as long as you would like, assuming it really will cost $15-$30 for a few months.

Just to be clear, there still hasn't even been any mention whether or not newer titles will be included with the full PS Now service. I'm just using an example of what I think is the only way it could seem worth it at the prices the rentals seem to be (although i'm mostly ignoring the $3-5 for a few hours option).
---
Currently waiting for the release of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax,Danganronpa: Goodbye Despair, Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus and Akiba's Trip.
#28Ultima546Posted 6/19/2014 6:41:28 PM
Lucretia_Merces posted...
I'm just really baffled by the 4 hour rental duration. That just seems to be a really weird length of time to rent a game for.

Maybe it's just a display error with their interface and it's meant to be 24.

Or it could really be 4, but that would just make the whole price scheme seem like it was arranged by monkeys.
---
Mutton! Fresh Mutton!
#29JustChillinPosted 6/19/2014 6:44:24 PM
Lucretia_Merces posted...

I doubt it, more than likely its the method to get you to pay for the other 3 options. If you make certain choices less desirable, people tend to get the other options. It holds more truth here too because this is purely digital, and doesn't require another product to be developed.
#30CheezyPuffPosted 6/19/2014 6:47:47 PM
$14.99 for FFXIII-2 1 month
$29.99 for FFXIII-2 3 months

$19.99 to buy FFXIII-2

Not sure they really thought this through... They should have just had a buy option to stream to play on your Vita/PS3/TV/PS4
---
You are beneath me...and it shows.