The prices for PS Now rentals have been revealed.

#31blitz_0623Posted 6/19/2014 6:49:08 PM
Wow such awful pricing. $30 for 3 months for Deus Ex? You'd rather just buy the game for even cheaper and own it forever.

Sony is really targeting people without a console. I hope the PS2 games are cheaper
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#32will57Posted 6/19/2014 6:56:30 PM(edited)
CheezyPuff posted...
$14.99 for FFXIII-2 1 month
$29.99 for FFXIII-2 3 months

$19.99 to buy FFXIII-2

Not sure they really thought this through... They should have just had a buy option to stream to play on your Vita/PS3/TV/PS4

Maybe i'm misunderstanding what your saying, but how do you buy a title through streaming? Sony would pretty much have to guarantee that you could always stream that game to the device of your choice, for as long as their service runs, and that doesn't seem to be possible for them to do, since they seem to have hinted at having a maximum limit of how many people can stream a title at once.

EDIT: I can't even imagine that many people agreeing to "buy" something that they have absolutely no way of storing. At least with digital titles, your basically guaranteed that that product will stay in your download list and you can access it whenever you want and it'll last for as long as PSN is available (with the rare exception of all sorts of business issues causing the title to be pulled from PSN).
---
Currently waiting for the release of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax,Danganronpa: Goodbye Despair, Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus and Akiba's Trip.
#33JustChillinPosted 6/19/2014 6:54:07 PM
will57 posted...
CheezyPuff posted...

$19.99 to buy FFXIII-2

Not sure they really thought this through... They should have just had a buy option to stream to play on your Vita/PS3/TV/PS4

Maybe i'm misunderstanding what your saying, but how you buy a title through streaming? Sony would pretty much have to guarantee that you could always stream that game to the device of your choice, for as long as their service runs, and that doesn't seem to be possible for them to do, since they seem to have hinted at having a maximum limit of how many people can stream a title at once.

It isn't a "hint". They are using legacy hardware, and that's limited by how many systems they have set up. If they are doing emulation, they are doing this service for no reason because the service was designed to make up for the lack of software emulation. The idea of emulation also sounds quite ludicrous because of how intensive it would be to maintain for even a handful of users. I'm quite certain everything is done via PS3 hardware.
#34Boomkin84Posted 6/19/2014 6:56:49 PM
Other rental alternatives are better (gamefly) and some of these prices for older ps 3 games are too high.

I see potential with the service, but I have no interest with PS now atm.

I think with some time and additional improvements, it could turn out to be really good.
#35CheezyPuffPosted 6/19/2014 6:58:48 PM
will57 posted...
CheezyPuff posted...

$19.99 to buy FFXIII-2

Maybe i'm misunderstanding what your saying, but how do you buy a title through streaming? Sony would pretty much have to guarantee that you could always stream that game to the device of your choice, for as long as their service runs, and that doesn't seem to be possible for them to do, since they seem to have hinted at having a maximum limit of how many people can stream a title at once. I can't even imagine that many people agreeing to "buy" something that they have absolutely no way of storing. At least with digital titles, your basically guaranteed that that product will stay in your download list and you can access it whenever you want and it'll last for as long as PSN is available (with the rare exception of all sorts of business issues causing the title to be pulled from PSN).

Well, the main incentive to even using PS Now is that you can play PS3 titles on your PS4/Vita/etc, right?
I'm just saying that there should be an option to pay a set amount to always be able to stream it, rather than have a time set on how long you can play the game.

Or maybe it would be a better idea to make the prices match the actual cost of the game. I don't think many people would be that willing to pay extra to rent a game that cost more than the actual price of owning the title.
---
You are beneath me...and it shows.
#36wstfldPosted 6/19/2014 7:01:00 PM
I wish this was just a subscription.
---
Last played - Thomas Was Alone (7/10)
Now playing - MLB The Show 14, AC4, Trials Fusion, Sine Mora, The Walking Dead S1, Terraria
#37JukeboxDragonPosted 6/19/2014 7:01:06 PM
I'm jumping ship, boys.
#38Shacky_101Posted 6/19/2014 7:01:51 PM
How come there isn't a monthly subscription option? Those are some really old games, so why not pay around $7 per month, or $60 for a year? People would have definitely love that. Smart, smart Sony.
---
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.
#39Lucretia_Merces(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2014 7:02:11 PM
To Ultima and JustChillin:

That was my initial suspicion, but every it looks genuine. While 24 hours would be ideal to formulate an opinion on the game(rpgs especially), certain games can be beaten in a duration of 24 hours.
---
Most Anticipated Games of 2014: Persona Q, Freedom Wars, Bayonetta 2, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, Tokyo Shinseiroku: Operation Abyss.
#40MinamoPosted 6/19/2014 7:07:05 PM(edited)
So... why would anyone choose this over Gamefly? Even if you live in butt**** nowhere, the shipping times won't be so bad that you wouldn't be able to get at least two games a month at $16 a month.

Lucretia_Merces posted...
I'm just really baffled by the 4 hour rental duration. That just seems to be a really weird length of time to rent a game for.

That's how long they assume the average next-gen "cinematic experience" games will last. I kid, I kid... or do i?