The prices for PS Now rentals have been revealed.

#41BuretsuPosted 6/19/2014 8:05:22 PM
Minamo posted...
So... why would anyone choose this over Gamefly? Even if you live in butt**** nowhere, the shipping times won't be so bad that you wouldn't be able to get at least two games a month at $16 a month.

...Playstation Now is a game streaming service, not a rental service
---
Fall 2014: Persona Q for 3DS; 2015: Persona 5 for PS3
It's happening! It's happening!!
#42Akihiko__SanadaPosted 6/19/2014 8:06:35 PM
Whoa, WHAT? I was actually excited for Playstation Now, but those prices are freaking ridiculous.
---
Hyped for: Super Danganronpa 2, Layton vs Ace Attorney, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Playing: Atelier Totori Plus, Ocarina of Time 3D
#43StrikeNinja24Posted 6/19/2014 8:07:55 PM
Come on people, I told you prices for this were going to be awful.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#44Null_GainPosted 6/19/2014 8:08:52 PM
I lol'd
#45will57Posted 6/19/2014 8:14:54 PM(edited)
I definitely agree that there's potential with the service, but as it is now, it needs improvement. However, this is more or less how things work in the beginning. Nothing is perfect right from the start.

It's just that for now, it really doesn't look that appealing. Although, i'm sure there are plenty of people who wouldn't mind not owning a game and paying $30+ for a title that they could only play through PS Now, because they don't see enough reason to buy a certain console that the title is exclusive to, but that seems like the only decent reason at the moment, and this is assuming that the title actually catches the person's interest enough for them to pay those $30+.
After a while though, it would probably just add up to the point where the person would be better off just buying the console(s). Once again, i'm mostly ignoring the $3-$5 for a few hours option, just because it doesn't seem like that would be that appealing.
---
Currently waiting for the release of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax,Danganronpa: Goodbye Despair, Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus and Akiba's Trip.
#46INKU48Posted 6/19/2014 8:14:54 PM
Shacky_101 posted...
How come there isn't a monthly subscription option? Those are some really old games, so why not pay around $7 per month, or $60 for a year? People would have definitely love that. Smart, smart Sony.

There might be a monthly subscription option available once the service is open to the public. Things about the service and prices for the rentals can also change until then.
---
ARM7TDMI @ 16.8 MHz | 32 kilobyte + 96 kilobyte VRAM | 256 kilobyte WRAM | 512 simultaneous colors | Dual 8-bit DAC stereo sound
#47animefan1000Posted 6/19/2014 8:16:48 PM
Remember when it used to cost like 6$ to rent a game from block buster for 2 0r 3 days? They should make the games like 5$ for a week and have a option to buy, because as it stands no longer existing rental options were ahead of this crap.
---
Lady Plutia's favorite pet and husband of Lady Blanc
3ds friend code:4511-0818-1530
#48ryunow7Posted 6/19/2014 8:19:04 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I think this kind of service is ideal with movies or series, but $30 rental for one videogame? I'd rather buy it physical.

Maybe, maaaaaybe if they have very good/rare/obscure games, that service could be somewhat successful, but I highly doubt it.
---
the sweet scent of paper ink in the morning... sweet motivation 3DS FC: 0301-9924-7784 Vic PSN ID: ryunow7
#49TinyTim123Posted 6/19/2014 8:19:48 PM
Our local DVD rental place has PS3/360/Wii games for $3 for a week, and PS4/X1/Wii U games for $5 for the week. Of course all the major retailers (Hollywood Video, Blockbuster etc.) are gone, but there are stil smaller franchises and rental places that beat the heck out of this service.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#50TalesOfGodPosted 6/19/2014 8:20:42 PM
Sony just keeps digging themselves into a cold grave.

Bloody Hell, what a stupid company.
First, they announce their lack of support for the Vita in the future effectively decreasing the consumers for their handheld and the Vita TV.
Secondly, they decide to not only bring that but focus the Vita into a remote play machine!?
Lastly, they pull off these outrageous prices.

Are you ****ing kidding me!?

(I know some random rabid Sony fanboy is going to pop up but holy crap, this is just embarrassing. Not to mention that they have a lack of any good games whatsoever for the PS4. Talk about a failure.)