why does the vita get so much hate?

#1wanderer1992Posted 6/19/2014 9:30:31 PM
to those people who say it is a companion device also forgot that the PSP was a companion device to the PS3 as well and i think that they would still implement cross buy with some of their games.

i also wanted to say that i have both handhelds and must say that vita does have a significant way to go in the west before it could be toe to toe with the 3DS.

also you guys forget that E3 has always had a nasty habit of focusing more on the home consoles and less on the handheld & PC market. before you bust my balls i have kept up with E3 coverage since about 2002-2003 and nintendo and sony treated their handhelds quite the same way especially sony.

i think that the vita might get more focus at TGS 2014 for which i am waiting patiently for.

guys don't you feel that E3 has focus more on mainstream games and less on smaller IPs? which is something TGS does not have a problem with.
#2DirtyHarry11Posted 6/19/2014 9:39:06 PM
PSP was a much better stand alone console than the Vita is at the moment. Off the top of my head, the PSP had Monster Hunter, Mega Man, Syphon Filter, GTA, God of War (exclusive PSP games, not some shoddy HD remakes), Twisted Metal, MGS Peace Walker, Tekken, Castevania, and more.

Vita has a very niche selection of titles compared to PSP. Sadly, western support is pretty much nonexistant for Vita.
#3GodMWOLFPosted 6/19/2014 9:40:24 PM
Crisis Core
Birth By Sleep
Dissidia

A localised God Eater
---
Xbox One, the future of gaming:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw
#4OoseyePosted 6/19/2014 9:42:59 PM
TC: Bad library and memory card prices are probably the biggest hitters on why it gets so much hate.

wanderer1992 posted...
PSP was a companion device to the PS3 as well

Hardly. That's just what Sony tried to say with their overblown hyping about PS3-PSP remote play.
---
PLAYING: Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, Fire Emblem: The Sword of Flame & Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
#5wanderer1992(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2014 9:48:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6Fray_MakenPosted 6/19/2014 9:54:54 PM
why does the vita get so much hate?

The hate is not directed towards the Vita. It's directed towards Sony's strategy and attitude towards the device.
---
PSN ID:
#7shauntenninePosted 6/19/2014 10:40:49 PM
I love my vita. Some of my new favorite games are on vita. I have a huge backlog of vita games. Plus, before I got a vita I was totally against indie and digital only games. Now I understand that they can be some of the best games available.

Don't let this board fool you. Most vita owners love the thing.

So to answer your question: I truly don't know. I don't know what makes people go to a forum and trash a video game system and wish it's death. Too much time? A very low quality of life?
#8OoseyePosted 6/19/2014 10:42:25 PM
shauntennine posted...

source?
---
PLAYING: Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, Fire Emblem: The Sword of Flame & Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
#9filanimetorPosted 6/19/2014 10:47:00 PM
Ooseye posted...
shauntennine posted...

source?

Hate is another form of love you know...XD
---
I came here to drink milk and kick ass...
...and I just finished my milk.
#10Baha05Posted 6/19/2014 10:49:27 PM
Basically the Library and the Memory Cards, they just aren't up to snuff for a system out for 2 years and the pricing for Memory is FAR too over priced. $20 for 4 gigs.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS