why does the vita get so much hate?

#21NCPwnPosted 6/20/2014 7:04:38 AM
I hate handhelds and love my vita. Remote play I've been able to play infamous at work this week. 5 hours I prob couldn't lay it. Borderlands is draining hours. And there are a ton of games I want. Real games. Not rehashed Nintendo first party games.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
The Last of Us, NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#22talesfan215Posted 6/20/2014 7:18:22 AM
Ooseye posted...
source?

Well, we have my poll from awhile back.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/68438705

Supposedly this was linked to reddit according to Vishana, so the votes aren't just from here. No one ever posted a link from reddit though.
#23xellos667Posted 6/20/2014 7:21:59 AM
I think all those post about people hating the vitas are found just here, on the Vita forum on Gamefaqs. Most people (including those on the 3DS board) were liking the Vita, even when they were not owning one, because they wanted a good handheld competition. They were actually happy when Vita gained momentum not too long ago with the 2000 model. You should not take what you read here on the GF Vita forum and generalize it to everyone.
---
My 3DS digital games collection:
http://backloggery.com/drac_mazoku
#24DashingfellaPosted 6/20/2014 7:35:42 AM(edited)
I don't hate it.
#25StrikeNinja24Posted 6/20/2014 7:29:38 AM
talesfan215 posted...
Ooseye posted...
source?

Supposedly this was linked to reddit according to Vishana, so the votes aren't just from here. No one ever posted a link from reddit though.

That's rather skewed though, and hardly definitive evidence. This just shows that Vita fanboys have more a drive to defend the system against anything that can be considered negative towards the system. It doesn't prove at all that "Vita owners are happy with their system" at all.

This was also pre E3.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#26OoseyePosted 6/20/2014 8:04:29 AM
talesfan215 posted...

Sorry but a 700 vote poll does NOT show most Vita users "love" their Vita.

xellos667 posted...
Most people (including those on the 3DS board) were liking the Vita, even when they were not owning one

Yeah, you're right. But then they bought one and those feelings changed hard.
---
PLAYING: Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, Fire Emblem: The Sword of Flame & Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
#27shamfuruPosted 6/20/2014 8:06:57 AM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
talesfan215 posted...
Ooseye posted...
source?

That's rather skewed though, and hardly definitive evidence. This just shows that Vita fanboys have more a drive to defend the system against anything that can be considered negative towards the system. It doesn't prove at all that "Vita owners are happy with their system" at all.

This was also pre E3.

The only people I see "trying" is your kind spreading negativity with desperate abandon.
---
Life is normally too short to purposely seek out things you hate, but apparently that rule doesn't apply on the Xbox One board.
#28StrikeNinja24Posted 6/20/2014 8:08:27 AM
shamfuru posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...
talesfan215 posted...
Ooseye posted...
source?

This was also pre E3.

The only people I see "trying" is your kind spreading negativity with desperate abandon.

Then you must be sticking your head so far in the sand that you're looking at the center of the earth.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#29CaptainLukaPosted 6/20/2014 8:12:51 AM
CronoDyne posted...
wanderer1992 posted...
Baha05 posted...
Basically the Library and the Memory Cards, they just aren't up to snuff for a system out for 2 years and the pricing for Memory is FAR too over priced. $20 for 4 gigs.

i agree the memory cards could be cheaper but the PSP memory cards were quite expensive in the beginning as well. i also wish sony would let you use SD cards as memory as well.

Yes, 10 years ago, in an era where digital gaming on a portable device was still a pipe dream. We used the memory sticks for game saves and the occasional PSOne Classic. While horribly overpriced, they weren't as necessary as they are today, where digital gaming is pushed down our throats but we can't afford a decent enough card to hold the games in.

This. Jesus christ, I hate when people quote the PSP memcard prices and how high they were in comparison to how high the prices for Vita cards are.
In a day and age when full retail games come out with only digital options, we need better prices, more storage or both.

xellos667 posted...
I think all those post about people hating the vitas are found just here, on the Vita forum on Gamefaqs. Most people (including those on the 3DS board) were liking the Vita, even when they were not owning one, because they wanted a good handheld competition. They were actually happy when Vita gained momentum not too long ago with the 2000 model. You should not take what you read here on the GF Vita forum and generalize it to everyone.

Key words bolded. I'm a member of many video games communities across the internet. There is a large group of severely dissatisfied Vita owners at every single one. Many of them enjoy many of the games they own, but they still understand Sony is doing a crap job, the memory cards are crap and that the system isn't nearly as strong as the PSP in terms of a library. You should not take your anecdotal evidence and apply it to everyone across the board.
---
PSN: Tyrannikos | 3DS FC: 4640-0120-2089
Playing: Hyperdimension Neptunia V, Terraria
#30OoseyePosted 6/20/2014 8:13:05 AM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
Then you must be sticking your head so far in the sand that you're looking at the center of the earth.

Nope, China.
---
PLAYING: Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, Fire Emblem: The Sword of Flame & Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker