why does the vita get so much hate?

#41StrikeNinja24Posted 6/20/2014 9:44:51 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...
Ooseye posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
Wait, now Strike is being accused of being Ooseye, who is also supposedly me... So then I'm strike as well?!

Good god, I can't keep up with myself apparently.

Oh man those fugue states I've been having are starting to make sense...

Errr mah Gawd...did we leave the oven on?! The kitties! Won't someone think about the kitties?!

I'm sure the kitties will be fine. We left a Vita in there with them.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#42AceAndJunpeiPosted 6/20/2014 9:45:44 AM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
Ooseye posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
Wait, now Strike is being accused of being Ooseye, who is also supposedly me... So then I'm strike as well?!

Good god, I can't keep up with myself apparently.

Oh man those fugue states I've been having are starting to make sense...

Errr mah Gawd...did we leave the oven on?! The kitties! Won't someone think about the kitties?!

I'm sure the kitties will be fine. We left a Vita in there with them.

Errr mah Gawd! The Vitas! Won't anyone think about the Vitas?!
#43OoseyePosted 6/20/2014 9:47:57 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...

I told you I didn't want any damn cats. This will teach you.
---
PLAYING: Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, Fire Emblem: The Sword of Flame & Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
#44AceAndJunpeiPosted 6/20/2014 9:48:52 AM
Ooseye posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...

I told you I didn't want any damn cats. This will teach you.

No wonder they love me and hate you. But wait...that...I...*explosion*
#45OoseyePosted 6/20/2014 9:50:03 AM
Hold up a sec. I'm gonna make a gif of Shake putting Meatwads kitty in the microwave.
---
PLAYING: Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, Fire Emblem: The Sword of Flame & Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
#46Lucretia_MercesPosted 6/20/2014 9:56:56 AM
The Vita is a great system. The system itself and the library doesn't deserve the insults it receives. The "hate" in this context is more attributable to Sony's mishandling of the system.
---
Most Anticipated Games of 2014: Persona Q, Freedom Wars, Bayonetta 2, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, Tokyo Shinseiroku: Operation Abyss.
#47lordcloudxPosted 6/20/2014 11:03:21 AM
This is my subjective opinion. Take it as such. Personally, the Vita has satisfied my expectations more than the PSP did.

I expected to get some good 2D fighting games on the PSP, but there were only a few of those apart from some obscure Japanese releases. I'm not a fan of 3D fighters like Tekken and Soul Calibur -- but even those were extremely basic ports of their PS3 big brothers. Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection was awesome though. On the other hand, the Vita is arguably the best handheld available right now for fighting games on the go - and while some ports such as SF x Tekken are still a bit watered down, at least they haven't been stripped of certain features like some of the 3D fighters on the PSP.

I also expected lots of traditional console-style rpgs on the Vita, but there weren't a lot of those released for the system as well. (at least not ones that I hadn't already played from the PS1 era.) Arguably, the bulk of the Vita's console style jrpg library are also simply ports of PS2-PS3 era games. In my case, the difference is that I've never played most of these PS2-PS3 era games since I never got a PS3, so I actually welcome all these ports that everyone else seems to loathe so much.
---
My collection of nunchucks along with some "nunchucks" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__cOtzp4LFY
#48wanderer1992(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 2:29:23 PM
CaptainLuka posted...
CronoDyne posted...
wanderer1992 posted...
Baha05 posted...
Basically the Library and the Memory Cards, they just aren't up to snuff for a system out for 2 years and the pricing for Memory is FAR too over priced. $20 for 4 gigs.

i agree the memory cards could be cheaper but the PSP memory cards were quite expensive in the beginning as well. i also wish sony would let you use SD cards as memory as well.

Yes, 10 years ago, in an era where digital gaming on a portable device was still a pipe dream. We used the memory sticks for game saves and the occasional PSOne Classic. While horribly overpriced, they weren't as necessary as they are today, where digital gaming is pushed down our throats but we can't afford a decent enough card to hold the games in.

This. Jesus christ, I hate when people quote the PSP memcard prices and how high they were in comparison to how high the prices for Vita cards are.
In a day and age when full retail games come out with only digital options, we need better prices, more storage or both.

xellos667 posted...
I think all those post about people hating the vitas are found just here, on the Vita forum on Gamefaqs. Most people (including those on the 3DS board) were liking the Vita, even when they were not owning one, because they wanted a good handheld competition. They were actually happy when Vita gained momentum not too long ago with the 2000 model. You should not take what you read here on the GF Vita forum and generalize it to everyone.

Key words bolded. I'm a member of many video games communities across the internet. There is a large group of severely dissatisfied Vita owners at every single one. Many of them enjoy many of the games they own, but they still understand Sony is doing a crap job, the memory cards are crap and that the system isn't nearly as strong as the PSP in terms of a library. You should not take your anecdotal evidence and apply it to everyone across the board.

i agree that sony is doing a terrible job with this great system that has power to succeed in the west. Sony's job with the PSP was not much better and it lasted almost 10 years and i think that this whole digital only release thing in the west while the east and sometimes Europe gets a physical release thing is ticking a great amount of people off especially with big games like FFX & FFX-2 HD. your right the PSP memory sticks & batteries where not as high as the higher memory cards on the vita. But a lot of people are bringing up the same complaints they had for the PSP for the Vita as well minus the fragile UMD.
#49ImASadPandaPosted 6/20/2014 2:31:39 PM
People like complaining if they don't like something or how it's handled because opinions.
#50shadowenclave47Posted 6/20/2014 2:33:10 PM
falloutbeast101 posted...
Most of the hate comes from the common trolls who roam this board.

---
I want dat ass!
Currently playing: P3 FES, P4G, HDN Victory, Muramasa Rebirth