Now I see why Sony so called "abandoned" the vita...

#11XslyOnePosted 6/20/2014 4:47:27 AM
I agree with the PS+ thing ive seen a lot of comments like this specially with the tearaway game. Also yes killzone is a great game.
#12CaptainLukaPosted 6/20/2014 4:55:20 AM
renegadeseraph posted...
Darkstorm16 posted...
Am I missing something? Sony is abandoning the vita? I didn't read that article

It's not really but people was saying Sony was just because they didn't show off Vita things at
E3. You didn't see all the topics on this board after E3??

It's not just because of (yet another disappointing) E3. It's because Sony IS abandoning it as a game system. It's become a peripheral as far as they're concerned. They've flat-out stated this. We have only some very dedicated devs/publishers left to rely on. Sony's actions push publishers away from the system. Not many companies want to support a product when that product's own creator shows a lack of faith.

I keep seeing this argument: "Well the PS4 is new and selling better, so why wouldn't they focus on it?"
Yeah, no **** they would focus on it. That doesn't mean they have to shift 100% of focus to it. And yes, their focus is 100% on the PS4 as far as the Vita is concerned. The Vita is being turned into a Wii U tablet as we speak, so it's PS4 focus there, not Vita.

Speaking of Nintendo - they didn't give up on their product. They rallied strong first-party support and look at the excitement they've created. That excitement could turn into a larger install base. That larger install base could turn into more third-party support (Ubisoft has stated they're waiting for a larger install base. Just waiting with games on standby).

It's Sony's job to drum up support for the Vita by showing their own. They have failed and aren't doing much to fix that.
---
PSN: Tyrannikos | 3DS FC: 4640-0120-2089
Playing: Hyperdimension Neptunia V, Terraria
#13RjmhartPosted 6/20/2014 4:55:45 AM
Darkstorm16 posted...
They said it?

Yes, there have been numerous interviews since E3 linked on these boards. Someone named Scott Rhodes (sp?) and someone else at Sony confirming that they are indeed cutting back on first party support. Games will come from indies and third party support.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is this could be the result of some of these hashtag campaigns on twitter. Fans started #NoVitaNobuy saying that they will boycott Square Enix for not releasing Final Fantasy Type 0 on the Vita. Others started #SupportVita (or something like that) and made demands to Sony for more Vita support. A few days later Sony made these announcements.
---
Zeboyd Games article- Adding passive abilities to shields in turn based rpgs:
http://goo.gl/q7z6U4
#14ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 6/20/2014 4:58:52 AM
I actually bought physical copies of Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush and Wipeout 2048 since I prefer physical over digital (I've got over 40 physical games), even though I got them for free with PS Plus.

On the other hand, I do am considering waiting until Soul Sacrifice Delta becomes free on PS Plus, specially considering that Sony skipped a physical release over here even though Japan did got one.

If the Instant Game Collection will give me the exact same license as long as I'm a PS Plus member, I see no need to pay separately for it. This wouldn't be the case with a retail game, for which I get a copy of the game, which I can even lend to a friend or resell later on, and also allows my to save on memory card space.
#15CaptainLukaPosted 6/20/2014 4:59:13 AM
Rjmhart posted...
Darkstorm16 posted...
They said it?

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is this could be the result of some of these hashtag campaigns on twitter. Fans started #NoVitaNobuy saying that they will boycott Square Enix for not releasing Final Fantasy Type 0 on the Vita. Others started #SupportVita (or something like that) and made demands to Sony for more Vita support. A few days later Sony made these announcements.

I really doubt that's the case. The Vita was failing LONG before those campaigns ever started. They didn't just come to this decision of refocusing the Vita within a week. They've had this in the works for a while.

Even if they did make this decision based off of twitter campaigns, I'd question Sony's judgment harder than ever before.
---
PSN: Tyrannikos | 3DS FC: 4640-0120-2089
Playing: Hyperdimension Neptunia V, Terraria
#16superbuu3Posted 6/20/2014 5:01:00 AM
A console isn't abandoned until there's no games for it.

Two of the best games I've played in years and i've played about 600 PS3/Vita titles were Guacamelee and Hotline Miami. So complaining there's only indies would be a pretty dumb complaint. Some of the Japanese games seem fun to.

If I didn't have a backlog I'd be buying quite a lot of Vita games. DW8CE, Ys Celcetta, Danganronpa 1/2, Freedom Wars, SS Delta, Toukiden Extreme. There's decvent titles around. Admittedly I am waiting till SS Delta goes on sale, but having played SS to completion its hard to justify buying it.

The only thing i'm worrriewd about is not getting a VLR sequel.
---
razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A chilled out forum where basically anything goes. (Members have greater access and no ads).
#17renegadeseraph(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 5:01:17 AM
CaptainLuka posted...
renegadeseraph posted...
Darkstorm16 posted...
Am I missing something? Sony is abandoning the vita? I didn't read that article

It's not really but people was saying Sony was just because they didn't show off Vita things at
E3. You didn't see all the topics on this board after E3??

It's not just because of (yet another disappointing) E3. It's because Sony IS abandoning it as a game system. It's become a peripheral as far as they're concerned. They've flat-out stated this. We have only some very dedicated devs/publishers left to rely on. Sony's actions push publishers away from the system. Not many companies want to support a product when that product's own creator shows a lack of faith.

I keep seeing this argument: "Well the PS4 is new and selling better, so why wouldn't they focus on it?"
Yeah, no **** they would focus on it. That doesn't mean they have to shift 100% of focus to it. And yes, their focus is 100% on the PS4 as far as the Vita is concerned. The Vita is being turned into a Wii U tablet as we speak, so it's PS4 focus there, not Vita.

Speaking of Nintendo - they didn't give up on their product. They rallied strong first-party support and look at the excitement they've created. That excitement could turn into a larger install base. That larger install base could turn into more third-party support (Ubisoft has stated they're waiting for a larger install base. Just waiting with games on standby).

It's Sony's job to drum up support for the Vita by showing their own. They have failed and aren't doing much to fix that.

That's true! The PS4is not a good reason to abandon the vita. At this point the vita is an RPG machine. :/
---
~Living is easy with Eyes Closed~
#18superbuu3Posted 6/20/2014 5:05:58 AM
vita is an RPG machine you're saying that as a bad thing. On the PS3 boards the number of posts about how there's no JRPGs should mean there's a huge market for Vita. Unfortunately people haven't caught on that most people on forums just say whatever as they're bored.
---
razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A chilled out forum where basically anything goes. (Members have greater access and no ads).
#19MivoPosted 6/20/2014 5:06:01 AM
ZGMF_600_Guaiz posted...
I actually bought physical copies of Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush and Wipeout 2048 since I prefer physical over digital (I've got over 40 physical games), even though I got them for free with PS Plus.

This is an important point for me. I'm happy to spend money on physical copies of games, but I'm far more reluctant to buy digital games for consoles/handhelds (it's a bit different for PC games, but it is in part why I do less PC gaming these days).
#20renegadeseraph(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 5:28:08 AM
superbuu3 posted...
vita is an RPG machine you're saying that as a bad thing. On the PS3 boards the number of posts about how there's no JRPGs should mean there's a huge market for Vita. Unfortunately people haven't caught on that most people on forums just say whatever as they're bored.

No it's not bad at all! RPGs are my favorite genre but I do like variety to be available!
---
~Living is easy with Eyes Closed~