Now I see why Sony so called "abandoned" the vita...

#21xfactorPosted 6/20/2014 5:28:28 AM
I dont see the problem of being a sensible customer instead of being a corporate apologist.

I dont work for sony.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjCSo1XEiyc&sns=tw
#22superbuu3Posted 6/20/2014 5:53:12 AM
renegadeseraph posted...
superbuu3 posted...
vita is an RPG machine you're saying that as a bad thing. On the PS3 boards the number of posts about how there's no JRPGs should mean there's a huge market for Vita. Unfortunately people haven't caught on that most people on forums just say whatever as they're bored.

No it's not bad at all! RPGs are my favorite genre but I do like variety to be available!

your smile looked awfully like a frown
---
razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A chilled out forum where basically anything goes. (Members have greater access and no ads).
#23ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 6/20/2014 6:03:23 AM
renegadeseraph posted...
Only Sony of America abandoned it, from what I heard. From what I understand we will still get games from Europe and Asia...
You can also scratch Sony of Europe from the first party support list: Sony Europe boss Jim Ryan said:

"Are you going to see huge mega budget PS Vita games that we have developed and we publish? I think that’s unlikely. That said, PS Vita does play an increasingly important role in our ecosystem, with Remote Play [playing PlayStation 4 games wirelessly via the Vita] and PlayStation Now"

http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/12/e3-2014-round-up-did-nintendo-top-sony-and-microsoft-4758987/
#24OoseyePosted 6/20/2014 6:13:40 AM
renegadeseraph posted...
At this point the vita is an Compile Hearts machine. :/

Fixed
---
PLAYING: Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, Fire Emblem: The Sword of Flame & Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
#25OoseyePosted 6/20/2014 6:16:26 AM
Also Atlus has pretty much abandoned the Vita anyway but they have announced that Persona Q is canon and looking at its sales so far expect all future handheld Persona titles to come to 3DS instead.
---
PLAYING: Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, Fire Emblem: The Sword of Flame & Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
#26Spiroth_KweehhPosted 6/20/2014 8:14:05 AM
CaptainLuka posted...
renegadeseraph posted...
Darkstorm16 posted...
Am I missing something? Sony is abandoning the vita? I didn't read that article

It's not really but people was saying Sony was just because they didn't show off Vita things at
E3. You didn't see all the topics on this board after E3??

It's not just because of (yet another disappointing) E3. It's because Sony IS abandoning it as a game system. It's become a peripheral as far as they're concerned. They've flat-out stated this. We have only some very dedicated devs/publishers left to rely on. Sony's actions push publishers away from the system. Not many companies want to support a product when that product's own creator shows a lack of faith.

I keep seeing this argument: "Well the PS4 is new and selling better, so why wouldn't they focus on it?"
Yeah, no **** they would focus on it. That doesn't mean they have to shift 100% of focus to it. And yes, their focus is 100% on the PS4 as far as the Vita is concerned. The Vita is being turned into a Wii U tablet as we speak, so it's PS4 focus there, not Vita.

Speaking of Nintendo - they didn't give up on their product. They rallied strong first-party support and look at the excitement they've created. That excitement could turn into a larger install base. That larger install base could turn into more third-party support (Ubisoft has stated they're waiting for a larger install base. Just waiting with games on standby).

It's Sony's job to drum up support for the Vita by showing their own. They have failed and aren't doing much to fix that.

I'm sorry, but no....

*continuing next post*
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#27TerotrousPosted 6/20/2014 8:15:20 AM
Unfortunately Sony has kind of devalued their software through PS+. It's the same reason Nintendo never drops the prices of their games, if they do that all the time you'll just wait for the price drop before you buy.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/ - My novel, updates weekly
#28rapius002Posted 6/20/2014 8:18:55 AM
Vita actually has one of the largest attachment rates to games than any console currently on the market, according to many third parties as well as Sony themselves.
---
NES|SNES|N64|GC|Wii|Wii U|GB|GBP|GBC|GBA|GBA SP|DS|DS Lite|DSi|3DS|MS|Gen1, 2, & 3|32x|CD|Sat|DC|GG|Nomad|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|PSP-2000|OUYA|Gaming laptop
#29RygonPosted 6/20/2014 8:20:45 AM(edited)
Every single Sony developed game I've bought has been added to Plus. They've said they're scaling back making new ones so the ones they have now are obvious choices for Plus content for the next couple years. EU has about three of these Sony games that are in NA's pipeline. Vita games do not sell poorly, the platform has an exceptional attach rate. There just aren't enough Vitas in houses. Sony's not your buddy and they don't need your protection about greedy consumers that you think owe their money to the corporation.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#30Spiroth_KweehhPosted 6/20/2014 8:20:41 AM
*continuing...

Nintendo games for Wii U (release date = November 2012)

-Bayonetta
-Bayonetta 2
-Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
-Devil's Third
-Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
-Dr. Luigi
-Fatal Frame V
-Game & Wario
-Hyrule Warriors
-Just Dance Wii U
-Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
-Lego City Undercover
-Mario & Sonic at the 2014 Olympic Winter Games
-Mario Kart 8
-Mario Maker
-Mario Party 10
-Mario vs. Donkey Kong
-NES Remix
-NES Remix 2
-New Super Luigi U
-New Super Mario Bros. U
-Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (lol)
-Nintendo Land
-Pikmin 3
-Pokémon Rumble U
-Pullblox World
-Sing Party
-Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
-Splatoon
-Star Fox
-Super Mario 3D World
-Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
-The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
-The Legend of Zelda Wii U
-The Wonderful 101
-Wii Fit U
-Wii Party U
-Wii Sports Club
-Xenoblade Chronicles X
-Yoshi's Woolly World

Total games = 40
Already released = 22
Upcoming = 18

SONY games for VITA (release date = February 2012)

-No Heroes Allowed: No Puzzles Either!
-BigFest
-Borderlands 2
-Dead Nation
-Destiny of Spirits
-Doki-Doki Universe
-Ecolibrium
-Entwined
-Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
-Escape Plan
-Everybody's Golf 6
-Fat Princess: A Piece of Cake
-Flow
-Flower
-Frobisher Says!
-Freedom Wars
-God of War HD
-God of War II HD
-Gravity Rush
-Helldivers
-Hohokum
-Hustle Kings
-Invizimals: The Alliance
-Invizimals: The Resistance
-Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy HD
-Jak & Daxter II: Renegade HD
-Jak & Daxter 3 HD
-Killzone: Mercenary
-Tearaway
-Lemmings Touch
-LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
-Little Deviants
-Miku Miku Hockey
-Miku Miku Hockey 2.0
-Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition
-MLB 12: The Show
-MLB 13: The Show
-MLB 14: The Show
-ModNation Racers: Road Trip
-Monster Radar
-MotorStorm: RC
-Murasaki Baby
-Open Me!
-Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
-Oreshika 2
-Gravity Rush 2
-Pinball Heroes Complete
-PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
-PlayStation Vita Pets
-PulzAR
-Ratchet & Clank QForce
-Ratchet & Clank HD
-Ratchet & Clank II HD
-Ratchet & Clank III HD
-Reality Fighters
-Resistance: Burning Skies
-Bit.Trip Presents Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
-Smart As
-Sly Cooper HD
-Sly Cooper 2 HD
-Sly Cooper 3 HD
-Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time + Bentley's Hackpack
-Soul Sacrifice
-Soul Sacrifice Delta
-Sound Shapes
-Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark
-Super Stardust Delta
-Superfrog HD
-Table Ice Hockey
-Table Mini Golf
-Table Top Tanks
-Top Darts
-Toro's Friend Network
-Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge
-Wipeout 2048
-Yuusha no Kiroku
-When Vikings Attack
-Unit 13
-Uncharted: Golden Abyss
-Uncharted: Fight for Fortune

Total Games = 80
Already released = 66
Upcoming = 14

SONY also made it so every PS4 game is playable on VITA, and even PS2/PS3 games from PS NOW in the future.

I hope I didn't forget anything from boh sides. As you can see, both are greatly supported, and it would be double standards claiming one doesn't.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world