Now I see why Sony so called "abandoned" the vita...

#31StrikeNinja24Posted 6/20/2014 9:21:13 AM
rapius002 posted...
Vita actually has one of the largest attachment rates to games than any console currently on the market, according to many third parties as well as Sony themselves.

Which is a skewed number, considering of the sales of the actual software itself.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#32riboflavPosted 6/20/2014 9:29:15 AM
Terotrous posted...
Unfortunately Sony has kind of devalued their software through PS+. It's the same reason Nintendo never drops the prices of their games, if they do that all the time you'll just wait for the price drop before you buy.

This is very true. Nintendo is very wise in this aspect and I've said it before that they are trying to keep the games industry from collapsing. I love all games for all platforms but a company cannot give away their software or drop its prices right away. I believe that most games are worth their original prices. Do you gamers appreciate how much work goes into making them? Soon all games are going to cost 99 cents and guess what, they will be only worth 99 cents too.

Let's take an example: Media Molecule (I believe) developed Tearaway. No one buys it originally because they know it will be given away for free with PS+ or its price will be lowered drastically. Now, do you guys realize that when you get it on PS+, all of a sudden Sony makes all of the money not Media Molecule because you have to pay for your PS+ subscription. Now you've given money to Sony (who clearly only wants to support the PS4 not the Vita) and taken away potential money from Media Molecule who was the one actually supporting the Vita. Does that make sense???
#33RetroStormPosted 6/20/2014 9:30:49 AM
riboflav posted...
Terotrous posted...
Unfortunately Sony has kind of devalued their software through PS+. It's the same reason Nintendo never drops the prices of their games, if they do that all the time you'll just wait for the price drop before you buy.

This is very true. Nintendo is very wise in this aspect and I've said it before that they are trying to keep the games industry from collapsing. I love all games for all platforms but a company cannot give away their software or drop its prices right away. I believe that most games are worth their original prices. Do you gamers appreciate how much work goes into making them? Soon all games are going to cost 99 cents and guess what, they will be only worth 99 cents too.

Let's take an example: Media Molecule (I believe) developed Tearaway. No one buys it originally because they know it will be given away for free with PS+ or its price will be lowered drastically. Now, do you guys realize that when you get it on PS+, all of a sudden Sony makes all of the money not Media Molecule because you have to pay for your PS+ subscription. Now you've given money to Sony (who clearly only wants to support the PS4 not the Vita) and taken away potential money from Media Molecule who was the one actually supporting the Vita. Does that make sense???

Does the company making the games that are currently "Free" on PS+ not take a slice of the subscription cost that month though? Sounds like a rough deal if they don't :/
---
Foremost a handheld gamer, collector and player of games for the following: Nintendo 2DS, DSi, Sony PSP & Vita. Also own Sony PS1, PS3 and PC.
#34StrikeNinja24Posted 6/20/2014 9:32:46 AM
RetroStorm posted...
riboflav posted...
Terotrous posted...

Does the company making the games that are currently "Free" on PS+ not take a slice of the subscription cost that month though? Sounds like a rough deal if they don't :/

I doubt it, probably a sum that differs per game.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#35renegadeseraph(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 9:35:17 AM
riboflav posted...
Terotrous posted...

I didn't even think about that, but yeah you're right! Sony kinda shot the devs in the foot with PS+. and we shot ourselves by not buying games and supporting the developers...
---
~Living is easy with Eyes Closed~
#36CaptainLukaPosted 6/20/2014 9:38:21 AM
Spiroth, my post wasn't just about how Sony is lacking in quality titles for the Vita. It was about Sony's unwillingness to really market the system and their eagerness to turn it into a peripheral. You can't deny that this is happening. They've gone into overdrive to meet this goal.
Again, on the flip, Nintendo is not only developing plenty of requested first-party titles, but they're also MARKETING them. They are properly supporting the Wii U.

Even so...thanks for the list. It reaffirms that Sony isn't doing well in terms of first-party Vita software. Eugh.
---
PSN: Tyrannikos | 3DS FC: 4640-0120-2089
Playing: Hyperdimension Neptunia V, Terraria
#37riboflavPosted 6/20/2014 9:42:22 AM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
RetroStorm posted...
riboflav posted...
Terotrous posted...

I doubt it, probably a sum that differs per game.

In the end, there's only going to be guaranteed "Super Blockbuster Games" like Uncharted, Halo, Mario, COD and "Super Cheap Games" in the market. The middle tier games that are risky to develop will be long forgotten like Dark Souls, Metroid, Killzone, etc. I think it's terrible.
#38renegadeseraph(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 9:50:41 AM
CaptainLuka posted...
Spiroth, my post wasn't just about how Sony is lacking in quality titles for the Vita. It was about Sony's unwillingness to really market the system and their eagerness to turn it into a peripheral. You can't deny that this is happening. They've gone into overdrive to meet this goal.
Again, on the flip, Nintendo is not only developing plenty of requested first-party titles, but they're also MARKETING them. They are properly supporting the Wii U.

Even so...thanks for the list. It reaffirms that Sony isn't doing well in terms of first-party Vita software. Eugh.

Yup And marketing the 3ds good! I just put my OLED vita up for sale...
---
~Living is easy with Eyes Closed~
#39UncleGrubbyPosted 6/20/2014 9:51:03 AM
Sony pays devs/publishers money to put their games on PS+. The Mercenary Kings guys said they weighed their options and determined they would make more money offering the game through PS+ than leaving it up to straight sales.

But I do agree, the "wait for plus" mindset hurts devs by affecting sales in the crucial first two weeks. BUT- games with real hype sell regardless and games like Tearaway don't appeal to all people. I would have bought it myself if every negative or middling review I read didn't point out aspects that I knew I would agree would not appeal to me.

I feel like two of the things that probably hurts games more than anything else is A) failure to properly market the game and B) releasing the game around the same time as bigger franchises (or new consoles....). Many games on both Vita and PS3, such as Tearaway and Rayman Legends, were sent to die last fall because they were released during a season of huge sellers like Battlefield 4, CoD, AC4, NBA2k14 and GTAV. Don't forget that just because Vita didn't have much released at the time it doesn't mean Vita owners don't own or didn't want to buy other consoles.
#40OoseyePosted 6/20/2014 9:53:24 AM
UncleGrubby posted...
Sony pays devs/publishers money to put their games on PS+. The Mercenary Kings guys said they weighed their options and determined they would make more money offering the game through PS+ than leaving it up to straight sales.

I guess that makes sense for devs who have no faith in the titles they're releasing.
---
PLAYING: Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, Fire Emblem: The Sword of Flame & Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker