Now I see why Sony so called "abandoned" the vita...

#41Megaman OmegaPosted 6/20/2014 9:54:47 AM
renegadeseraph posted...
That's why the Vita doesn't get support because people sit around and wait for great games to be free instead of paying money for them...

Now you know why Sony is the only company who thought that something like PS Plus would be a good idea.
---
LOL at all the whiners and trolls. They know Vita tv and new model will kill all competition. Festering wounds for the Nintendrones by the gallons. - karissa1
#42UncleGrubbyPosted 6/20/2014 10:00:05 AM(edited)
Ooseye posted...
UncleGrubby posted...
Sony pays devs/publishers money to put their games on PS+. The Mercenary Kings guys said they weighed their options and determined they would make more money offering the game through PS+ than leaving it up to straight sales.

I guess that makes sense for devs who have no faith in the titles they're releasing.

Mercenary Kings is an old-school 2D sprite run-n-gun indie on PS4, which has a significantly lower install base than the PS3. I don't think that it's a matter of faith so much as being realistic about your sales expectations.
#43RygonPosted 6/20/2014 10:00:21 AM
Megaman Omega posted...
renegadeseraph posted...
That's why the Vita doesn't get support because people sit around and wait for great games to be free instead of paying money for them...

Now you know why Sony is the only company who thought that something like PS Plus would be a good idea.

Their only direct competitor changed their rather stubborn online policies to line them up with and follow what PS+ was doing.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#44StrikeNinja24Posted 6/20/2014 10:03:41 AM
Rygon posted...
Megaman Omega posted...
renegadeseraph posted...

Their only direct competitor changed their rather stubborn online policies to line them up with and follow what PS+ was doing.

The games that MS usually offers are pretty shoddy to say the least.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#45OoseyePosted 6/20/2014 10:05:55 AM
UncleGrubby posted...
Mercenary Kings is an old-school 2D sprite run-n-gun indie on PS4

And that wasn't very intelligent for them to not release it on PS3 since it obviously could run it.
---
PLAYING: Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, Fire Emblem: The Sword of Flame & Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
#46UncleGrubbyPosted 6/20/2014 10:08:26 AM
Ooseye posted...
UncleGrubby posted...
Mercenary Kings is an old-school 2D sprite run-n-gun indie on PS4

And that wasn't very intelligent for them to not release it on PS3 since it obviously could run it.

It's not that simple. This is a small indie team and as anyone would tell you, PS4 is FAR is easier to code for than PS3, especially when you're porting what was originally planned as a PC-only title.
#47OoseyePosted 6/20/2014 10:11:23 AM
There's supposedly a Vita version coming so...?
---
PLAYING: Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, Fire Emblem: The Sword of Flame & Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
#48TinyTim123Posted 6/20/2014 10:50:45 AM
When was Killzone free? Is the Eu or US? I
Did I miss it because I'd already bought it for my brother (albeit on sale)? know Dragon's Crown was free for PS+ for EU... but I'd already bought it and I live in the US. (bought the cart at full price, and bought it on PSN on sale). I mean, I know for sure I've missed out on Gravity Rush (own the cart) Soul Sacrifice (got it digitally the day it was released, man was that fun), Street Fighter x Tekken (my primary reason for getting a Vita at launch was it was expected to be released at the same time as the PS3 and XBox360 versions in March... oops), BlazBlue (I needed another fighting game), and probably some more.

Hey whatevs, it's up to anyone, they can buy the games they think they want to play and then play them right away, or they can wait to see if maybe they'll be free on PS+. I am not going to tell someone else how to spend their money.
I guess I may miss a lot of the free stuff on PS+ since when I want to play something, I don't worry if it will be free next month or a year from now. If I want to play something, and I have the disposable income, I get something.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#49UncleGrubbyPosted 6/20/2014 11:01:20 AM
Ooseye posted...
There's supposedly a Vita version coming so...?

The Vita is also easier to code for than the PS3. Also, where is this Vita version? Was it ready for launch? No. They can only work on one version at a time, being a small studio, and must release ASAP so as to begin the revenue stream.
#50gldooriiPosted 6/20/2014 11:08:21 AM
TC shouldve bought KZM when it was 9 bucks on PSN along with Soul Sacrifice several months ago
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix