[Video] Monster Hunter Freedom G's Touch Mechanics

#21kabutokoujiPosted 6/20/2014 9:06:55 AM
BigaZizAmi posted...
I have not played the game but the things I read about it are pretty scary
from a user on neogaf who did play the game,

The cash shop s*** in Frontier is also completely insane. I COULDNT IMAGINE what it would be like if the game was also F2P. Which everyone here seems to want? I know it would change if brought West, but the cash shop stuff is just so crazy. Im pretty tolerant of IAP stuff and not a guy who yells P2W every time a game sells skins, but holy s*** lol. The stuff you can buy with real money in frontier is insane.

Here's some examples of the cash shop in Frontier

Hunter's Course: $14/30 days. Required to do anything relevant in the game. Without it you can't gain exp or fight much of anything except Kut-ku.

Extra Course: $6/30 days. Gives you access to boxes in town (otherwise need to go into private area, PITA), ability to buy additional items (honey, traps, mats for meals, etc), and gathering missions where you can gather 14-16 times per node instead of normal 4-6.

Premium Course: $10/72 hours. Gives you 200% exp, access to premium quests that gives 200-500k z.

Assist Course: $10/72 hours. Gives you a demigod AI partner that uses drinks on you, heals you, plays flutes, deal absolutely crazy damage, can't die, and wake syou up from dizzy/sleep/etc.

BoS Course: $10/72 hours. Gives you another 200% bonus exp, and extra books of secrets for when you are grinding Style Rank. (Another leveling system for each specific weapon that begins at HR 500 and limits the rarity of equipment you can use on quest, gradually being removed as you level up. In return you get some additional moves for each weapon. SR carves are required for high end gear)

Forward Course: $30/72 hours. Lowers damage you take by 60-70%, gives you a 25% damage boost, gives you an extra carve off everything

Cash Shop Armor/weapon sets: $25-30. These are usually around 95% as good as normal armor, but about 100000x easier to upgrade. When you see people in various anime outfits or using weird looking stuff its from here.

Armor/Weapon "Booster Packs": Same as the sets, except you get random tickets for various items int he set, and you need several of each ticket to make / upgrade

you do not need any of that to play and rank up, in the 9 years I have been playing, I have yet to buy anything with yen. is just people that want everything easy and fast(instagratification) that do that.
---
If the western community is represented by Gamefaqs posters, I pity the west x.x
#22OoseyePosted 6/20/2014 9:07:51 AM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
Look who you're talking to. It's basically the Eastern version of Goon.

No way, Goon is just one "man". kabutokouji is the Eastern everyman who represents every single facet of Japanese culture. Keep up man.
---
PLAYING: Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, Fire Emblem: The Sword of Flame & Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
#23OoseyePosted 6/20/2014 9:09:46 AM
rich9573 posted...
RIP Monster Hunter if this is its future

lol it's not. This is Capcoms way of squeezing a lil extra money out of the diehard JP MH fans. MH4U is the future and man does it look bright!
---
PLAYING: Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, Fire Emblem: The Sword of Flame & Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
#24ZamnatoPosted 6/20/2014 9:11:07 AM
rich9573 posted...
Seriously guys? Just because you don't like the game don't call it crap because its far from it. There is a reason it has such a big following, Monster hunter is a system seller ! Though i do agree the pay to pay is crap, on that note does anyone know how much the monthly fee is?

It's a "system seller" in japan, not here bro.
---
Psn: Zamnato-
3ds FC: 3539-9523-3329
#25kabutokoujiPosted 6/20/2014 9:38:39 AM
Ooseye posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...

No way, Goon is just one "man". kabutokouji is the Eastern everyman who represents every single facet of Japanese culture. Keep up man.

how do you explain the massive amount of log ins every day? if I am the only one that likes the game, by the way the wii version of monster hunter tri was subscription based, is that what you want them to do by all this crying, to make it free to play in the west? good luck with that.
---
If the western community is represented by Gamefaqs posters, I pity the west x.x
#26OoseyePosted 6/20/2014 9:40:29 AM
kabutokouji posted...
how do you explain the massive amount of log ins every day? if I am the only one that likes the game, by the way the wii version of monster hunter tri was subscription based, is that what you want them to do by all this crying, to make it free to play in the west? good luck with that.

1) Like I said the game is used by Capcom to squeeze extra money out of the diehard JP MH fans.
2) How many logins qualify as massive?
3) Source on these "massive" logins?
---
#27StrikeNinja24Posted 6/20/2014 9:47:08 AM
kabutokouji posted...
Ooseye posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...

You're just giving us more reasons why the Japanese market shouldn't be taken seriously.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#28silent_wolf66Posted 6/20/2014 10:07:32 AM(edited)
Zamnato posted...
rich9573 posted...
Seriously guys? Just because you don't like the game don't call it crap because its far from it. There is a reason it has such a big following, Monster hunter is a system seller ! Though i do agree the pay to pay is crap, on that note does anyone know how much the monthly fee is?

It's a "system seller" in japan, not here bro.

Afraid I can't see how it isn't, bro. Me and numerous other people have made testimony here on GFaqs in terms of getting a 3DS mainly or mostly for Monster Hunter, and that's just GFaqs. Yes, yes, I know it's hard to believe, but there are people that may like a game so much that they'd get the console it's on, regardless of what it's released on. Especially if that game grants hundreds of hours of entertaining and dynamic gameplay, much more worthy than an average portable game.

Edit (Rather than waste a post and bump on something small like this): some of you (or at least one) responder(s) is either selectively reading and understanding or missing the point.
#29OhGoodGrief(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 9:49:32 AM
You three stooges need to find yourselves a waifu-san.
#30OoseyePosted 6/20/2014 9:51:08 AM
OhGoodGrief posted...
You three stooges need to find yourselves a waifu-san.

I need a waifu?
So... what are you doing tonight?
---