What ARPG is better: Dragon's Crown or Ys:Memories of Celceta?

#11ALIEN-gunnerPosted 6/20/2014 9:35:09 AM
Dragon's Crown is better. Lot's of loot and easy a lot of addicting content.
---
I am a meat popsicle.
#12zap_dragon2Posted 6/20/2014 9:38:25 AM
Ys series as a whole is better, but mainly because Dragon's Crown is just a beat 'em up disguised as an ARPG imo.

Ys MoC wasn't really that good. I'd go with Oath in Felghana and 7 over MoC. The bosses were just lackluster and the talking to people in villages really slowed the game down since Ys isn't really known for a story. (Which is also hilarious because Legend of Heroes is like the complete opposite...)
---
PSN: OmniSnipe Steam ID: alteisen_x 3DS FC: 2750-1199-6838 League NA: Weissritter
#13Auron_MasamunePosted 6/20/2014 9:54:49 AM
I would say Dragon's Crown is the better game but Ys is the better ARPG since, you know... Dragon's Crown is not an ARPG.
Amongst other things DC is based heavily on The Dungeon and Dragons series that Capcom made and Kamitani (Founder, artist of Vanillaware) worked on (well at least the first one). DC is a 2D side-scrolling beat-em-up with RPG elements. If you come into this game thinking otherwise you will be in for a surprise.
---
"What you made will be unmade. What you learned will be unlearned. And when you're done, you will be undone."
-Ambassador Laquatus
#14iumplPosted 6/20/2014 10:29:22 AM
For what you're looking for, I would say get Dragon's Crown. Good and addicting game.

Still, it seems like you're going to get both eventually, so you can't really lose here. I would consider both of these must haves for a Vita owner.
#15NnamzPosted 6/20/2014 10:31:00 AM
I find the dialog of Falcom RPG's to be terrible. I'm playing Ys now and I'm slowly getting to the point where I have to force myself to play it.
#16PotatosPlsPosted 6/20/2014 10:31:36 AM
Nnamz posted...
I find the dialog of Falcom RPG's to be terrible. I'm playing Ys now and I'm slowly getting to the point where I have to force myself to play it.

This. the dialogue is actually horrendous in Ys.
---
"who said vita is dead now ??where are they ??
Hahahahhahahaha" ~Orinn24 in Type-0 announced for Vita Thread
#17VyseLegendairePosted 6/20/2014 10:54:52 AM
Dragons Crown is probably the better game overall. Falcoms games are decent but overrated and get repetitive, as others have said.
---
"Why the hell would the director decide to use the sounds of happy children if we were supposed to interpret that humanity had been destroyed?"
#18panthersfan99(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 11:01:26 AM
Thx guys, will start with Dragon's crown. Will eventually get Ys: MoC when I am done with DC,it still interests me.
#19NeonYoshi11Posted 6/23/2014 1:48:58 PM
pPpPancakes posted...
It's nearly always "Ys vs. Dragon's Crown" or "Ys vs. Persona 4 Golden". :/

There aren't that many good console type RPG's available to compare them to though.

There are a ton of first person dungeon crawling turn based rpgs though.
#20tj5921Posted 6/23/2014 1:50:12 PM
DC is superior.