Why do people say "Wait for TGS"?

#1DelphoxPosted 6/21/2014 2:45:07 AM
Even when any remotely decent Vita game will be announced at TGS you will have to wait for it another 7~8 months to release in Japan and then pray that it gets localized {especially in cases of RPG games}

Huge announcements should be already there, otherwise next year will start and go on with a drought until the "announced" game gets released.
#2inFAMOUSJakeyPosted 6/21/2014 2:50:15 AM
Yes drought it coming next year and I can see that.
That's why I have ps4 and 3ds for later this year and monster hunter 4 ultimate
---
YouTube-inFAMOUSJakey
PSN-inFAMOUSJakey 3DS FC: 1693-2004-2756
#3grangiaPosted 6/21/2014 2:50:36 AM
I'd type out a real response, but the only posts I've ever seen you do are just short of literally typing "lol Vita" so why bother?
---
http://app.sketchclub.com/user/10083807
PSN:Dr-Toszi
#4Delphox(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2014 2:51:28 AM
grangia posted...
I'd type out a real response, but the only posts I've ever seen you do are just short of literally typing "lol Vita" so why bother?

So you're making excuses?
#5hijokaidenPosted 6/21/2014 3:20:13 AM
TGS where Japan announce japanese video games for Japan. The japanese should "wait for TGS", but whats it to everybody else?
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#6Delphox(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2014 3:22:17 AM
hijokaiden posted...
TGS where Japan announce japanese video games for Japan. The japanese should "wait for TGS", but whats it to everybody else?

Hence why I don't understand that sentence at all.
#7ResetTearsPosted 6/21/2014 3:27:44 AM
Delphox posted...
hijokaiden posted...

In theory games from Japan eventually get localized for release in other parts of the world as well.

What was announced at last year's TGS, out of curiosity? I don't follow these events very closely.
---
Video game blog: http://resettears.wordpress.com/
Currently playing: Sweet Fuse
#8inFAMOUSJakeyPosted 6/21/2014 3:38:59 AM
ResetTears posted...
Delphox posted...
hijokaiden posted...

In theory games from Japan eventually get localized for release in other parts of the world as well.

What was announced at last year's TGS, out of curiosity? I don't follow these events very closely.

Another than Gravity Rush 2 and Phantasy Star nova release date, it's unknown
---
YouTube-inFAMOUSJakey
PSN-inFAMOUSJakey 3DS FC: 1693-2004-2756
#9Delphox(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2014 3:56:47 AM
inFAMOUSJakey posted...
ResetTears posted...
Delphox posted...
hijokaiden posted...

Another than Gravity Rush 2 and Phantasy Star nova release date, it's unknown

Wait, so Gravity Rush 2 got announced at TGS 2013? So they just said the title, without any info, not even release date. And for all we know it might be a PS3/PS4 multiplat too.
#10hijokaidenPosted 6/21/2014 3:59:22 AM
ResetTears posted...
Delphox posted...
hijokaiden posted...

Japan gets tons of japanese games per year, only a small percentage gets localized out of all these and also remember that we are talking about the Vita here.
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.