Is there any point to buying a Vita, anymore?

#1ponyseizuresPosted 6/21/2014 7:41:11 AM
I want to, I have PS Plus and could start downloading games. But the only game I truly care about on the system is Persona 4 Golden. And that's just an updated remaster.

No other games. Tearaway looks neat, but there's no plot and I feel like I would get tired especially fast. Zero's Escape I already own on 3DS. I'll give that the Ys game seems intriguing.

There's not much for the future either. Tales of Hearts R has no dub. Borderlands 2 is already on the PS3 for me. And what's left? Persona 4 Dancing All Night? Even if I bought all these games, there's the memory card issue and all and all and all.
---
Snapchat me! @nayov
I'll register that as a new quest.
#2hustlin_pimpstePosted 6/21/2014 7:46:58 AM(edited)
You've answered your own question. You see nothing of note for it both now an in the future. Where do we go from here?

Edit: Your username seems suspiciously "baity" to me, but hey ho, answer your question I did.
---
CHEEKI BREEKI!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh_p20lHqtA
#3krizz07Posted 6/21/2014 8:07:19 AM
Yes there is... but for you, no. Now you can move on with your life.
#4RetroStormPosted 6/21/2014 8:11:09 AM
Ah, only a matter of time before the Vita hating trolls (who strangely visit this board religiously) jump in.
---
Foremost a handheld gamer, collector and player of games for the following: Nintendo 2DS, DSi, Sony PSP & Vita. Also own Sony PS1, PS3 and PC.
#5NathanisDrakePosted 6/21/2014 8:12:08 AM
Sony has made it clear to us that there are none.

...Aside from remote-play, of course.
---
4770K | MSI GTX 780 OC | 8GB 2133 | 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD | ASRock Z87E-ITX | Corsair 650W | Corsair Obsidian 250D m-ITX
PC + 3DS Master Race
#6BlackBloodDragoPosted 6/21/2014 8:29:48 AM
There is more games in existence than those TC, ask around or do a google search. You'll see.
---
DarkGun 3DS FC:3480-3950-4456 PS Vita PSN: DarkGun--
''If Stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?''-Will Rogers
#7RedEnsignPosted 6/21/2014 8:33:29 AM
Sounds like any console isn't for you. Going by your taste you'd be lucky to find 1 game every 6 months on all platforms combined.
---
I couldn't believe the company I work for sold EA exclusive rights to make Star Wars games. Then I realized when they fail, we still get paid. Well played Bob.
#8razisgosuPosted 6/21/2014 8:35:52 AM
There's plenty of reasons. Games. Games, more games. Go get em.
#9LeFeverBeaverPosted 6/21/2014 8:45:02 AM
I try to look at the Vita holistically, not only for its "Vita exclusives" or AAA games.

I really enjoy many of the indie games, as well as PSP and PS1 - not to mention there are TONS of Vita games that are worth playing. PSMobile games are really nothing more than a short distraction, but they're there as well.

Perhaps you have unrealistic/skewed expectations. Lots of good reasons to own a Vita, my friend, lots :)
---
PSN: LeFeverBeaver; 3DS: 4098-3222-8394; Twitter:@MrMediocrity; Blog: http://zakhansonfan.wordpress.com;
Vita Phat, Vita Slim, 3DS: Any questions?
#10MiragecgPosted 6/21/2014 9:05:02 AM(edited)
NathanisDrake posted...
Sony has made it clear to us that there are none.

...Aside from remote-play, of course.

It's seems it wasn't clear enough for you. Yoshida said : No more Western AAA for the Vita and... Nothing else.
There is still Firt Party Japanese game (from Japan Studio), Third party Game, indies and as a bonus Remote play and PS Now.

I say not bad ^^