Wait, so is the 999/Zero VLR series pretty much done?

#11Canas_RenvallPosted 6/26/2014 6:31:34 PM
They cannot build up the series like that and just not complete it. Sure, the games don't sell well in Japan, but they sell much, much better over here. They can't leave me hanging on that ending... Please god no... ;_;
---
I don't see Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony. I see Mario, Zelda, Uncharted, Resident Evil, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, etc. Play games, not companies.
#12TaaronPosted 6/27/2014 7:38:36 AM
Canas_Renvall posted...
They cannot build up the series like that and just not complete it. Sure, the games don't sell well in Japan, but they sell much, much better over here. They can't leave me hanging on that ending... Please god no... ;_;

As much as us consumers hate it, its not as big of a deal to the companies. Plenty of game series that don't sell well go on incomplete. Even ones that are complete run the risk of never fully being localized. Hell look at the anime series, most anime is based on incomplete manga series, often leaving most anime series to end after a single arc with clear indication the story is far from over. Of course then their are situations where the company closes down like Cing.
---
Nothing wrong with a 40 year old man watching anime intended for 5 year old Japanese girls.
#13PaukenPosted 6/27/2014 8:05:42 AM
Taaron posted...
Canas_Renvall posted...

As much as us consumers hate it, its not as big of a deal to the companies. Plenty of game series that don't sell well go on incomplete. Even ones that are complete run the risk of never fully being localized. Hell look at the anime series, most anime is based on incomplete manga series, often leaving most anime series to end after a single arc with clear indication the story is far from over. Of course then their are situations where the company closes down like Cing.

Or how bout dat Half Life 2 Episode 2 cliffhanger that's still unresolved nearly 10 years later?

Cliffhangers are a terrible plot device due to this exact reason. Should a series end on a cliffhanger, it pretty much ensures the fanbase will be raging for years about it until it's resolved in some form. Even worse is when the resolution is supposed to come out soon, but is delayed indefinitely for some unfathomable reason. *glares at Valve and the Half Life series*
#14pipitugaPosted 6/27/2014 9:24:26 AM
ZeroX91 posted...
pipituga posted...
id read a while back that hey were thinking of putting the 3rd on kickstarter after they finished with their current project.
dont ask me for a source because its been a long while i read it. (the time they announced the other project and the 3rd would not come.
One of the devs said after a question about kickstarter.
that they might do it if there is enough demand.

pretty sure there is demand. so I really hope that what i read was not a hoax

They talked about that on bombin'intheam (giant bomb video podcast thing) a couple of months ago the creator is/was hesitant to do it but not closed off to the idea. The series doesn't do nearly as well in Japan as it does here.

Not enough Loli in it I guess for them ...
---
The test of tolerance comes when we are in a majority, The test of courage comes when we are in a minority.
PSN: Curapica-San / GT: Curapica
#15ZeroX91Posted 6/27/2014 10:25:50 AM
pipituga posted...
ZeroX91 posted...
pipituga posted...
id read a while back that hey were thinking of putting the 3rd on kickstarter after they finished with their current project.
dont ask me for a source because its been a long while i read it. (the time they announced the other project and the 3rd would not come.

They talked about that on bombin'intheam (giant bomb video podcast thing) a couple of months ago the creator is/was hesitant to do it but not closed off to the idea. The series doesn't do nearly as well in Japan as it does here.

What I got from it is Japan is flooded with VNs makes it hard to have a successful one....also it isn't about highschool "romance" or wacky lawyers so.....
---
*insert something clever here*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vfO2PW4wmY
#16pipitugaPosted 6/30/2014 12:11:29 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
pipituga posted...
ZeroX91 posted...
pipituga posted...

What I got from it is Japan is flooded with VNs makes it hard to have a successful one....also it isn't about highschool "romance" or wacky lawyers so.....

still i was suprised to hear that they didnt like the VLR series.... Its great... Imo better then phoenix wright (which i also love) lol
---
The test of tolerance comes when we are in a majority, The test of courage comes when we are in a minority.
PSN: Curapica-San / GT: Curapica