Best Vita exclusives in the last year?

#1EffectAndCausePosted 7/1/2014 6:10:18 PM
The last ones I bought were Killzone: Mercenary and Soul Sacrifice, since then it seems like it's been all ports.

Any solid AAA titles since then or are they pretty much treating it as a PS4 tablet now?
---
http://i.imgur.com/wMshiEN.jpg
#2marioparty17Posted 7/1/2014 6:11:56 PM
Y's
---
3DS FC 2535-3692-1887 PSN : MARIOPARTY17
He covered from head to toe in weaponary, like a rainbow apocalypses - Viridi Goddess of Nature #ReleaseDart/Abe
#3j2zon2591Posted 7/1/2014 6:13:08 PM
EffectAndCause posted...
The last ones I bought were Killzone: Mercenary and Soul Sacrifice, since then it seems like it's been all ports.

Any solid AAA titles since then or are they pretty much treating it as a PS4 tablet now?

If you're considering SS as some sort of AAA then maybe look into Freedom Wars.

Oreshika 2 is a VITA exclusive

If you don't mind anime there's Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (maybe something like a P4G from P4).
#4Kazuhira07Posted 7/1/2014 6:14:26 PM(edited)
I don't think TC likes JPRGs or niche games.
---
PSN: Kazuhira07
#5gadgaurdPosted 7/1/2014 6:14:29 PM
No AAA.
---
Official food, snack and drink vendor of the PlayStation Vita Message Boards.
#6EffectAndCause(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2014 6:16:36 PM
Kazuhira07 posted...

Persona 4 Golden is one of the greatest games i've ever played, BUT i'm wondering if there are still Vita exclusives coming out that truly showcase the Vita's power like Killzone or if it's all low budget indie games now.
---
#7pPpPancakesPosted 7/1/2014 6:19:47 PM
<cite>EffectAndCause posted...</cite>
<quote><cite>Kazuhira07 posted...</cite>
<quote>I don't think TC likes JPRGs or niche games.</quote>

Persona 4 Golden is one of the greatest games i've ever played, BUT i'm wondering if there are still Vita exclusives coming out that truly showcase the Vita's power like Killzone or if it's all low budget indie games now.</quote>
Freedom Wars, I guess. It's a native resolution game, so it must look good. Gravity Rush 2 is another game, but we don't know if it's confirmed for Vita.

There's a bunch of games that are exclusive, but they do not try to showcase the system's power though.
#8hyjinx17Posted 7/1/2014 6:21:31 PM
AAA games?

No, none. I doubt will see many(if any at all) AAA games again on the Vita.
---
3DS friend code:3883-5502-4640 IGN:Zero
#9Kazuhira07Posted 7/1/2014 6:23:42 PM
EffectAndCause posted...
Kazuhira07 posted...

Persona 4 Golden is one of the greatest games i've ever played, BUT i'm wondering if there are still Vita exclusives coming out that truly showcase the Vita's power like Killzone or if it's all low budget indie games now.

Unfortunately no. "AAA" games are either first party or by big companies like Capcom, Square who don't support the Vita. There is also little to no western support for full retail games other than ubisoft.

Sony didn't announce anything major for E3, but the did make it very clear that the Vita isn't a priority for them. If you're not into more niche games like Danganronpa, or games published/localized by NISA, Askys, Atlus, Compile Heart, XseeD etc., you won't get much out of your Vita.
---
PSN: Kazuhira07
#10EffectAndCause(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2014 6:30:34 PM
Sucks. I mean don't geg me wrong, I already have more than enough to justify my Vita purchase, I just think of the possibilities of original Vita games from major franchises and get sad (GTA, Fallout, Infamous, SSX, Twisted Metal, God Of War, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid etc.)
---