My next VITA RPG?

#1Takaki-starPosted 7/8/2014 8:36:54 AM
Hey everyone!

I have a strange urge to dive into an RPG/SRPG on VITA. I'm generally knowledgeable about the games available but cannot make a decision. I'm thinking one of:

- P4G (obvious choice and surely the recommendation of the majority)

- Demon Gaze

- Conception II

- Disgaea 3

- YS Memories of Celceta

- Mind Zero

I know they are all great games but I just can't decide! I'd love to hear suggestions from all you RPG fanatics. Feel free to name any that I've missed as well. (I realize there are plenty of boards dealing with this subject; the fact is that I want a fresh take on it. If for some reason this annoys anyone, you are more than welcome not to answer).
#2GreekGod88Posted 7/8/2014 8:39:08 AM
cant go wrong with Ys
-Long and fun
-dat music
-cool Boss Battles
-Nice story

Disgaea 3 is good but i like Disgaea 4 waaaay more (its coming soon )
#3RygonPosted 7/8/2014 8:42:52 AM
Ys and Persona
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#4dodokikiPosted 7/8/2014 8:45:02 AM
I would recommend Demon Gaze. It is a pretty fun game, the boss fights are awesome and music is pretty good (it has Vocaloid IA).

For Disgaea 3, I enjoyed it more than Disgaea 2, but not as much as Disgaea 1. I kind of find the gameplay lacking now, after having experienced many srpgs. For me Disgaea 3 seems too simple and bland.
---
Jim Ryan: My seven-year-old loves it, please dont be disrespectful about PlayStation Pets.
#5GigaDogqHDPosted 7/8/2014 8:45:09 AM
In this order:

P4
DG
Mind Zero

Sorry but not a fan of disgaea
---
There are three types of people on GameFAQS...those that agree with me, those that are wrong, and those that are insane
#6Takaki-star(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2014 9:17:45 AM
Thanks for the replies! P4G and YS seem to be really popular in the VITA RPG community.

Is there anything particularly bad about Conception II? The character art is really drawing me in but no one has recommended it. I'll give the demo a go but would appreciate any thoughts about it from those who have completed it.
#7MariaAlterationPosted 7/8/2014 9:21:29 AM
Takaki-star posted...
Thanks for the replies! P4G and YS seem to be really popular in the VITA RPG community.

Is there anything particularly bad about Conception II? The character art is really drawing me in but no one has recommended it. I'll give the demo a go but would appreciate any thoughts about it from those who have completed it.

It's a poor man's Persona 4.
#8knickschampsPosted 7/8/2014 9:26:17 AM
Don't listen to people on the VITA board. The only game you listed which is a typical fantasy-based level up your weapons, fight monsters RPG is ys memories of celceta. The other ones you listed may be good games but if you are expecting a typical RPG they certainly are not most have very weird things in them that you may hate if you are not used to japanese anime based games filled with female characters and very "weird".
#9GigaDogqHDPosted 7/8/2014 9:28:22 AM
knickschamps posted...
Don't listen to people on the VITA board. The only game you listed which is a typical fantasy-based level up your weapons, fight monsters RPG is ys memories of celceta. The other ones you listed may be good games but if you are expecting a typical RPG they certainly are not most have very weird things in them that you may hate if you are not used to japanese anime based games filled with female characters and very "weird".

You don't fight monsters, level up, get equips, and level up skills in Mind Zero? Wut
---
There are three types of people on GameFAQS...those that agree with me, those that are wrong, and those that are insane
#10knickschampsPosted 7/8/2014 9:30:07 AM
My apologies I am not very famliar with Mind Zero I will look into it. I should not have commented on that which I didn't know.