After finishing P4Golden... is it recommended to play P3P?

#1HeartTranquilPosted 7/9/2014 2:19:49 AM
The only thing that gives me hesitation is the sad ending, yeah the MC dies, you the protagonist, died.

Either play P3P or go into SMT IV...
#2dude_meister512Posted 7/9/2014 2:49:05 AM
I'm playing through P3P for the first time now and whilst P4G is far more streamlined, I'm really enjoying it so far.
#3Maya-AmanoPosted 7/9/2014 3:11:41 AM
If you liked P4G there is a high chance, you will like P3P, even if there wont be cutscenes or 3d graphics.
---
Positive Thinker.
#4mizukage2Posted 7/9/2014 3:15:12 AM
It will be a bit of a slog downgrading, but definitely worth it. And for replay value P3P has an alternate what if scenario that replaces the MC with a new (female) one that does have a change on the details of the story (though not the ultimate outcome because this MC also doesn't get certain pertinent information until it is too late and the doom avalanche is already rolling).)
---
I mean, i never see the right bash the left on anything because the blame game causes more issues than anything-Josh
#5DarkLink978Posted 7/9/2014 3:38:24 AM
If you can't play FES, then just play SMT IV, or even better - Persona 2: Innocent Sin.
---
I like games.
Playing: Final Fantasy X HD, SMT: Nocturne, MGSV: GZ, Zelda: TP
#6me_52Posted 7/9/2014 7:22:25 AM
HeartTranquil posted...
The only thing that gives me hesitation is the sad ending, yeah the MC dies, you the protagonist, died.

Either play P3P or go into SMT IV...

Persona 3 has the better story..
#7Akihiko__SanadaPosted 7/9/2014 7:29:18 AM
Both P3P and SMTIV are better than P4, so I'd highly recommend both. Definitely go for either one.
---
Hyped for: Super Danganronpa 2, Layton vs Ace Attorney, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Playing: Atelier Totori Plus, Etrian Odyssey IV (postgame)
#8BlabadonPosted 7/9/2014 7:32:09 AM
P3P nearly put me off the entire series, so no.

Screw that dungeon
---
Playing Virtue's Last Reward before 999? Don't. Please, for the sake of everything, don't. My crusade around the internet to spread this truth goes on.
#9Akihiko__SanadaPosted 7/9/2014 7:38:31 AM(edited)
^
You'll discover how much better the dungeon is than P4's when you realize you can split your party up while roaming. That changes the entire experience. And it doesn't have the stupid "auto-revive after battle" thing either.

What P4 did is strip away all the cool features P3's dungeon had, and then change the camera angle to make it look cooler in compensation.
---
Hyped for: Super Danganronpa 2, Layton vs Ace Attorney, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Playing: Atelier Totori Plus, Etrian Odyssey IV (postgame)
#10BlabadonPosted 7/9/2014 7:41:51 AM(edited)
There's nothing cool about Tartarus. Thirty floors in and barely a wallpaper change made that game a slog.

I might try it again but that is a huge flaw in my book.
---
Playing Virtue's Last Reward before 999? Don't. Please, for the sake of everything, don't. My crusade around the internet to spread this truth goes on.