After finishing P4Golden... is it recommended to play P3P?

#11will57Posted 7/9/2014 8:37:09 AM(edited)
I recently played through P3P (finished it about two days ago) and I found it to be about as fun as P4G, if not more. The biggest issue I had with P3P though is that it doesn't have any 3D environments outside of Tartarus. The dorm, the mall, the shrine, you can only explore through those sorts of areas from nothing more than a 2D view while you move a cursor to select who to talk to or where to go next. Also, none of the anime cut-scenes are in the game, unlike the console versions (P3 and FES).
There's also "The Answer", which is missing from the game (although considering all the grinding that has to be done to get through that chapter in FES, I think it might actually be a good thing, making youtube videos the best alternative to see the events in The Answer, without having to go through the extra hours worth of grinding).

Other than those two minor complaints I have with the game, it was a lot of fun and the story was great.
---
Currently waiting for the release of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax,Danganronpa: Goodbye Despair, Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus and Akiba's Trip.
#12S1lver_BulletPosted 7/9/2014 9:23:18 AM
up to now I still kinda wish Atlus would remake P3P maybe to P3 Golden or something that is equal or better than console version
I love Aigis, Thanatos, dark atmosphere of the story and how each character gets their super powered persona after they are mature a bit
#13nouseravailablePosted 7/9/2014 11:42:31 AM
HeartTranquil posted...
The only thing that gives me hesitation is the sad ending, yeah the MC dies, you the protagonist, died.

Either play P3P or go into SMT IV...

Not everything needs a happy ending. You'd be losing great sutff simply because you are addicted to matinée hollywood formula.
---
They could play the other Bard song live once in a while...
#14LeanaunfurledPosted 7/9/2014 11:50:11 AM
If you have any interest in Arena or Q I say play FES/P3P. I just finished it for the first time last night and despite the sad ending, it's a really f***ing good game. Plot is multiple times better than 4's.
---
Currently Playing: Persona 3 FES, Atelier Rorona Plus (Vita)
3DS FC: 2707-2560-1312 JPN FC: 1907-9095-4490 PSN: Ashurii09 Wii U: Tetrisash
#15BuretsuPosted 7/9/2014 12:55:46 PM
The sad ending in Persona 3 is so much more satisfying than the sunshine and lollipops ending of Persona 4.
---
Fall 2014: Persona Q for 3DS; 2015: Persona 5 for PS3
It's happening! It's happening!!
#16GundamRedPosted 7/9/2014 2:35:38 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#17GodMWOLFPosted 7/9/2014 2:39:22 PM
blah blah blah P3P is a trashy downport whose only redeeming point is the Female mc blah blah blah

Fes is way better, plebs don't want to admit it just cause the gameplay is dated a bit from recent Persona games
---
Xbox One, the future of gaming:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw
#18BuretsuPosted 7/9/2014 2:51:59 PM
GodMWOLF posted...
blah blah blah P3P is a trashy downport whose only redeeming point is the Female mc blah blah blah

Fes is way better, plebs don't want to admit it just cause the gameplay is dated a bit from recent Persona games

FES is... MARIN KARIN... so much... MARIN KARIN... better than... MARIN KARIN... than... MARIN KARIN... OH FOR F***'S SAKE, MITSURU, STOP CASTING THAT SPELL WHEN I PUT YOU ON FULL ASSAULT.
---
Fall 2014: Persona Q for 3DS; 2015: Persona 5 for PS3
It's happening! It's happening!!
#19nouseravailablePosted 7/9/2014 2:58:32 PM
Buretsu posted...
GodMWOLF posted...

FES is... MARIN KARIN... so much... MARIN KARIN... better than... MARIN KARIN... than... MARIN KARIN... OH FOR F***'S SAKE, MITSURU, STOP CASTING THAT SPELL WHEN I PUT YOU ON FULL ASSAULT.

Idk about that but i agree that fes is a better game (not because of the answer wich i hated) that doesnt make p3p bad (i loved it).
---
They could play the other Bard song live once in a while...
#20Zechs23Posted 7/9/2014 3:23:23 PM
GundamRed posted...
You don't actually die...it's more like an eternal coma.

Its borderline FFXiii-2 crappy ending tho. Either kill him or don't, but don't give us these open endings that nobody likes.

Put spoiler tags please.
---
June 10th 2014, Typ0 day. Never forget.