So, Sword art online is about to be released this month in west???

#1Sami1000Posted 7/9/2014 4:25:25 PM
So, the game isn't a MMORPG?

If, so then can someone tell me what kind of game is it? I mean is it linear? Customization? Turn based or real time?

I watched few gameplay clips from youtube, and it seems pretty interesting. I like the enviroments a lot, well at least the forest looked great.
#2deaththekidd666Posted 7/9/2014 4:30:40 PM
Next month.
---
PSN: OneWingedTerror --- 3DS FC: 4227-0913-2917
#3ZezWinsPosted 7/9/2014 4:48:49 PM
it's like a singleplayer mmorpg

the combat is real time but you basically have an autoattack and a bucha other sword skills you can use.

for customization, you have to play as the main character from the anime (kirito) but you can customize how he looks, what he wears, what skills he has, etc.

also, im pretty sure the game is more open world than linear... but i don't own the game so someone else should confirm this for you

anyway, i recommend you watch the anime to get a feel for what the game is gonna be about... but don't watch the second half. it goes downhill from there l0l
---
no more trolling from me
#4Sami1000(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 5:15:34 PM
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/05/14/sword-art-online-hollow-fragment-coming-ps-vita-july/

According to this the game is getting released in July at EU, AU, and New zealand. Was the release date moved or something?
#5natchu96Posted 7/9/2014 5:17:37 PM
Regarding linearity:

The main setting of the series, Aincrad, is fairly linear and progressing that can get repetitive. I mean, you can revisit anything, but there isn't much incentive besides character events. Plot doesn't seem very dense until near the end, and mobs are pushovers.

The Hollow Area though, has a storyline as well, but is more or less an open world that expands as you progress the plot, up to 5 huge areas of varying scenery, intermittent Hollow Missions scattered across the map to attempt, unlockable item drops and features, and powerful enemies. The bulk of the farming and grinding is here.
---
"Whoa, is that a scythe?""It's also a customizable high-impact sniper rifle!"
-Ruby Rose, bragging to classmates at age 15, RWBY
#6NeonYoshi11Posted 7/9/2014 5:26:32 PM
ZezWins posted...
it's like a singleplayer mmorpg

the combat is real time but you basically have an autoattack and a bucha other sword skills you can use.

for customization, you have to play as the main character from the anime (kirito) but you can customize how he looks, what he wears, what skills he has, etc.

also, im pretty sure the game is more open world than linear... but i don't own the game so someone else should confirm this for you

anyway, i recommend you watch the anime to get a feel for what the game is gonna be about... but don't watch the second half. it goes downhill from there l0l

I agree.

After I think episode 15 it's like " WTF am I watching ?!".....Before that it's cool though.
#7Lucretia_MercesPosted 7/9/2014 5:52:26 PM
The North American released is scheduled for August 19th. In addition to what was already said, he game itself is a pseudo MMORP You have a lot of different partners that can join you. They can offer various different types of support. Combat focuses on using both Sword Skills and Burst skills/attacks to defeat enemies. Your SP gauge affects sword skills and other enhancements like buffs. It regenerates fairly quickly.
---
Most Anticipated Games of 2014: Final Fantasy: Explorers, Freedom Wars, Bayonetta 2, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, Tokyo Shinseiroku.
#8foxgamer92Posted 7/9/2014 6:22:19 PM
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/02/sword-art-online-hollow-fragment-reaches-europe-august-20th/

It either got pushed back or someone made a mistake.
---
There are no cows on Pandora, yet all they seem to eat is pizza. Moxxi is pretty well endowed and makes the pizza. I just ruined Borderlands.
#9NinjaPirateDoodPosted 7/9/2014 7:56:37 PM
it was pushed back. also, i highly suggest that, if you're curious about this game and are on youtube, look up Havian. he made a series on the Chinese/Engrish text version. it has plenty of info without any story spoils. weapons, game mechanics, locations, etc.

first video can be found by searching "havian sao"
---
"All according to keikaku >:)"
[Translator's Note: "keikaku" means "plan"]
#10HUfan4LPosted 7/9/2014 8:26:23 PM
Man I was excited about this game till I saw it was digital only.
---
Too many vita games I wanna play not enough money or memory space O_O
PSN Vita: goob1013 Xbox 360: HU4L J3T