Which of these PSP RPGs is the better title?

#11GeminiX7Posted 7/9/2014 9:33:09 PM
LiquiDZerO posted...
GeminiX7 posted...
Overall, I'd say you can't go wrong with MH and TO or FFT. That said, MH is VERY hit or miss and requires some dedication to fall in love.

If it's hit or miss I think you CAN go wrong with MH :D I was not willing to dedicate 50 hours before the game "got good."

I'd say you can't go wrong because it was a hit for me. The flaws people complain about don't make any sense for me. But I acknowledge that the game has some detractors. And if it took you 50 hours to get to Kutku, the problem isn't that the game isn't for you. It's that Gaming isn't for you. Maybe you should try something more low impact, like staring at drying paint.

Seriously, the game is hard, and yes you might find yourself grinding parts(by no means required as its a game focused on personal skill rather than gear), but 50 hours is pretty much enough to finish all the village quests, not get to the first wyvern. Unless you are trying to claim something else in the game is the marker for "when it gets good".
---
NNID/PSN/GT: GeminiX7
FC: 0748-3100-6541 [FS: Tangelia, Ivysaur, and Maractus]
#12Sami1000Posted 7/9/2014 9:34:16 PM
For me its tie between Tactics ogre, and gods eater burst. TO is very good srpg with long battles. Its only cons are dated graphics, crafting, and the fact that there are huge amount of useless skills. Pretty much every resistance against element or ailment are useless, and so are damage boosts against anything but humans. Otherwise its great. Music, the actual strategy, story, choices are just great.

Gods eater burst has too few maps, and enemy types, but gameplay is solid, story is interesting, and you can create all kinds of different bullets.

Mhfu is great game too, but its very challenging. I just personally enjoyed gods eater burst more.

3rd birthday is not that good imo. Resistance retribution is much better 3rd person shooter. Longer game, and Vita's second analog stick makes the game so much better.
#13falloutbeast101Posted 7/9/2014 11:01:15 PM
Persona 3 Portable

And all the games you listed except Parasite Eve 3rd Birthday and MHFU.
---
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/761/395/8e5.gif
#14InkSpell432(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2014 12:21:18 AM
Thank you very much for the recommendations. I will most likely buy either Final Fantasy Tactics or Tactics Ogre.

I see that there are a lot of Persona 3 Portable posts. Don't worry; I will actually borrow someone's copy of the game, and maybe get Persona 4 Golden.
---
MapleStory - Khaini Server; Main: iDramaStory, Lv. 200 Shadower; UeharaKaori, Lv. 154 Corsair
3DS Friend Code: 4167 - 5868 - 3605
#15kennydangPosted 7/10/2014 12:32:38 AM
InkSpell432 posted...
Thank you very much for the recommendations. I will most likely buy either Final Fantasy Tactics or Tactics Ogre.

I see that there are a lot of Persona 3 Portable posts. Don't worry; I will actually borrow someone's copy of the game, and maybe get Persona 4 Golden.

Persona 4 golden in my opinion >p3p
#16TeremeiPosted 7/10/2014 1:05:12 AM
Jeanne D'arc. I vote that because 1) it's PSP exclusive and 2)it's one of the best strategy RPGs ever made. Just great combination of good characters, fun gameplay, great art/music/writing. It's just a great feeling game to play once you get into it.

As time goes on I think it will be beloved. It's one of those games people should recommend when asked what exclusives should they play. Yes some of those others are very good, but they are experiences you can get elsewhere.
---
B2 FC: 3268 4276 3305
#17NemerlightPosted 7/10/2014 2:28:00 AM
CooperRC posted...
I want to say FFT, but I just can't take the extreme slow down in the jacked up PSP version.

I admit it never bothered me just because game itself is very slow paced.
---
Miami Heat not champions of 2014.
http://i.imgur.com/m52Q7Rt.gif
#18youngskillzPosted 7/10/2014 2:51:28 AM
blade dancer
lunar
star oceans
all the ys games
brave story
crimson gem
hexzy force
suikoden (not ps1 games)
frontier gate
sol trigger
rezel cross
legend of heroes games
nayuta
all the personas
tales games
shinings

i'm forgetting a bit but heres some more insight tc, some are japanese only but i figured i'd mention them too.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Cantabile Wind, Eye of the Enemy, The Wake, Exhortation, Deals Death, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Destinity, Isolated
#19Raidens_RevengePosted 7/10/2014 9:33:32 AM
I would say Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core but that's not on the vita
---
Final Fantasy 15 is a bad ass game and STILL IS both an ARPG and a final fantasy game
#20RiFoThAsPosted 7/10/2014 9:35:16 AM
If Crisis Core was on PSN then there would be no contest. From your list I would say Tactics Ogre.
---
PSP 1000 | PS Vita 1000 | PS3 Super Slim | Xbox 360 Elite | DSi 1.4.5 | DS Lite | PC