How do the Final Fantasy games play on the Vita?

#1AllSHALLPerish6Posted 7/9/2014 9:41:01 PM
Hey everyone, I just purchased a Vita. I had such an ache to play through the Persona games again I bought one solely for P4G. Totally worth it. I was just curious how FF IV-IX play? Is there load issues or anything game breaking I should be aware of. Also how is FFX HD on Vita? I'm a huge fan of all of them abd would love to play through a couple titles again. Also feel free to add me. PSN is WoptimusGrime
---
Posted using GameFlux
#2ilovecarebearsPosted 7/9/2014 9:42:34 PM
they all play fine. ffx is great on the vita also
#3Trigger99XPosted 7/9/2014 9:44:35 PM
Vita is a FF machine
#4ilovecarebearsPosted 7/9/2014 10:12:02 PM
they all play fine. ffx is great on the vita also
#5Sami1000Posted 7/9/2014 10:17:26 PM
There's ff4 psp remake which looks very sharp, and plays well. No issues there. For ff5 -6 i can't comment. FF7, and 8 plays flawlessly, no emulation issues at all.

FF9 sadly has slight lag issue in combat. On US version there's just second and half of skip when you or the enemy uses anything else than normal attack. On EU version the slowdown also affects the music too. There are huge framerate drops on random forest battles, and slight fps dips on selected few enemies. Story forests are fine though. US version is way to go, and its very much playble because its combat lag is just small skip.

FFX looks gorgeous on Vita. It has framerate drops on majority of the cut scenes for some reason, and when you walk further away from characters when you are supposed to talk with someone to trigger cut scene. When i say cut scene i mean ones made with game engine, not the high quality animation clips, because those are fine. Rest of the game is smooth. Also, blitzball has small dips randomly. It certainly looks way better than ps2 version, and music has been remastered. It has new content for people from US like dark aeons and such, and same goes for X2, which has a lot of new stuff.
#6sunnykayPosted 7/9/2014 10:20:07 PM
for real you could sell me a vita with just the ff games on it
there probably isnt any better way to view the prerendered backgrounds of the FF psone games than on a vita screen right now
the resident evil games are great too everything with prerendered backgrounds looks good on the vita better than on any a big modern screen
i am setting the vita psone graphic config to "custom",check the "keep aspect" option and then scale the image with my fingers until it fills the screen up and down
#7AllSHALLPerish6(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 10:54:23 PM
Sami1000 posted...
There's ff4 psp remake which looks very sharp, and plays well. No issues there. For ff5 -6 i can't comment. FF7, and 8 plays flawlessly, no emulation issues at all.

FF9 sadly has slight lag issue in combat. On US version there's just second and half of skip when you or the enemy uses anything else than normal attack. On EU version the slowdown also affects the music too. There are huge framerate drops on random forest battles, and slight fps dips on selected few enemies. Story forests are fine though. US version is way to go, and its very much playble because its combat lag is just small skip.

FFX looks gorgeous on Vita. It has framerate drops on majority of the cut scenes for some reason, and when you walk further away from characters when you are supposed to talk with someone to trigger cut scene. When i say cut scene i mean ones made with game engine, not the high quality animation clips, because those are fine. Rest of the game is smooth. Also, blitzball has small dips randomly. It certainly looks way better than ps2 version, and music has been remastered. It has new content for people from US like dark aeons and such, and same goes for X2, which has a lot of new stuff.

It's the international version?! I always wanted to battle the dark aeons. I'm sold. I basically bought it for a FF machine, quite a few other classic rpgs I would love to play as well. Also need to get my hands on War of the Lions! Thanks for all the replies everybody!
---
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!
#8falloutbeast101Posted 7/9/2014 10:58:44 PM
They play fine, you can also remote play FFXIV from the PS4.
---
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/761/395/8e5.gif
#9DogscratchPosted 7/10/2014 6:42:12 AM
The PSP remake is my favourite version of FF IV; imo it is the definitive version.

Never quite got into the DS one - tried but didn't like barely got through 1 playthrough, the GBA version was well done - played that to 100%, and I have an indifference for the PS1 version(1 or 2 playthroughs), and naturally the SNES one will always have a soft spot in my heart despite all the butchering which was done to it.

Have loved going through X on the Vita, the ability to put the unit to sleep/etc makes it a fantastic time scaling experience. Sink 10-15 minutes, or 10+ hours in a sitting depending on what is going on.
---
Machine meat and Blood in an intimate relationship
The new superior more effective then all the preceding