So... got a vita... now what?

#11soapman72Posted 7/10/2014 1:13:16 PM
Criminal Girls
#12Ziggletooth(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2014 1:31:59 PM
I'll be looking closely at each of these thanks a lot guys, your posts have been very helpful.

Is vita the platform for JRPGs? There hasn't been many for the PS3, is this a home for them? If that is the case I'm starting to get excited about the vita

You guys are right I do have ps plus (year subscription came with my ps4 bundle) It hasn't been useful in the past because I tend to already have the games.

But Plus has been useful since the PS4 because I've been stockpiling ps4 games while I finish my ps3 backlog

I do recall adding Uncharted golden abyss and a few vita games to my download list, even know I didn't think I'd get a vita since I didn't want to miss the opportunity. It turns out that was wise.
---
He feared that his home should appear to Gods and men.
Dreadful, dank and hated even by the Gods. Hades -Iliad 20.64-65
#13MivoPosted 7/10/2014 1:43:20 PM
Ziggletooth posted...
I do recall adding Uncharted golden abyss and a few vita games to my download list, even know I didn't think I'd get a vita since I didn't want to miss the opportunity. It turns out that was wise.

Yep, that was a good idea. :) It's just a couple clicks a month. I have no immediate plans to get a PS3 or a PS4, since I'm mostly a handheld and PC gamer, but I have PS+ and religiously add the PS3 and PS4 games to my download list. It will probably eventually become rather tempting to buy one of those two consoles just to play the piled up "free" games.
#14ilovecarebearsPosted 7/10/2014 1:44:15 PM
if you have ps plus I hope you ha very been queing vita games to download this whole time. if so you have a nice library already. I had so many games from plus when I finally got a vita. if not then you'll have to pay for all levels those great games :p

here's my list: metal gear solid HD collection. great to have mobile if you're a fan. muramasa rebirth. pretty good side stroller hack and slash. free this month for plus. ys memories of celceta. a lot of people swear by this game. I think it's decent but nothing revolutionary. fast paced action rpg. killzone mercenary is the best mobile Fps there is.! looks damn good too and has 4v4 online which is fantastic, console quality Fps. uncharted GA. uncharted prequel with nice visuals. decent game. Wipeout 2048, beautiful fast paced racer, I'm not a race guy but I love this one. dragons crown is a side scroller loot fest a lot like the old golden axe game but with online multi-player. final Fantasy x is great also. the Rayman games. there's a lot of solid titles.
#15ilovecarebearsPosted 7/10/2014 1:47:11 PM
vita is arguable the best rpg console of all time. you can play final Fantasy 1 through 10 on it. tons of psp and ps1 classics you can buy. I'm not impressed by a lot of the new rpgs these days but titles such as chrono trigger/cross, legend of dragoon, FF tactics are all readily available.
#16GigaDogqHDPosted 7/10/2014 3:09:36 PM
Either complain or over-defend...just like the rest of us
---
There are three types of people on GameFAQS...those that agree with me, those that are wrong, and those that are insane
#17ThrenagynPosted 7/10/2014 3:18:07 PM
While everyone is going to give you the obvious ones (Persona 4 Golden, Gravity Rush, Uncharted, etc.). One that you will not want to pass up is Corpse Party. Play it in the dark and with headphones, it makes for an unparalleled experience. It looks dumb when you want videos, but trust me, its worth it, just like 999 was.