Andrew House speaking on VITA, has done far more damage to the system than E3...

#1ServantOfErieosPosted 7/14/2014 3:50:43 AM
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/07/14/remote-play-means-the-future-of-aaa-games-on-the-vita-is-uncertain-says-sony/

Remote Play may remove the market for AAA titles on the PlayStation Vita, Sony Computer Entertainment president Andrew House has said.

Speaking to IGN, he said that remote play was still in the early stages, but already it had the potential to change what people bought on their PlayStation Vitas.

We know a lot of players are embracing it and using it and seem to like the experience a lot, but necessarily that changes the dynamic. You know, if you can play your PlayStation 4 content at will on Vita, then does that obviate the necessity of having Triple-A content or not?

I think that question will stay unanswered for a little bit.

While Sony is uncertain as to what the future holds for Western AAA titles, on the Vita, House said that the different culture of Japanese gamers means that AAA Vita titles may contine to thrive, while fading out in other territories.

I certainly think youíll still see [Vita] as a triple-A machine in Japan where it has a different function with the console dynamic of the marketplace. That for me is a given. Itís hard to say in terms of the other markets.

And they STILL allow this guy to talk.

smh
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#2MivoPosted 7/14/2014 3:58:31 AM(edited)
ServantOfErieos posted...
I certainly think youíll still see [Vita] as a triple-A machine in Japan where it has a different function with the console dynamic of the marketplace.

It's unfortunate that Sony of Japan doesn't control their Western people better. I don't really care whether there are AAA titles on the Vita (I'll buy them if they are available, I'll play PSP/PS1 games or niche titles if not), but House's statements are self-fulfilling prophecies. Kind of like openly cheating on your girlfriend and saying, "I do it because I predict my relationship will fail."

I don't have a PS4, and I'm not in the market for a home console. I bought a Vita because I like handheld gaming.
#3shag777Posted 7/14/2014 3:58:51 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4TheMove2Posted 7/14/2014 5:01:34 AM
I bought a Vita to go along with my ps4 and thought remote play would be nice.

Remote is nothing special. I don't even use it. The lack or L2 and R2 buttons and controls kind of kill it for me. Can't replace the ps4 controller.
#5shag777Posted 7/14/2014 5:18:16 AM
Yeah, i'm really tired of hearing abput this remote play BS. Sony likes to stick this thing in EVERY annoucement for the vita, i'm sick of it. Hell, we paid 200 and more Ä/$ for this awesome handheld, it's not a f***** controller, sony needs to understand this.
---
Currently playing: Soul Sacrifice Delta, Final Fantasy X HD and waiting for Freedom Wars and SAO Hollow Fragment
Psn id-->Shagrath96
#6SonytendoPosted 7/14/2014 5:24:02 AM
shag777 posted...
Yeah, i'm really tired of hearing abput this remote play BS. Sony likes to stick this thing in EVERY annoucement for the vita, i'm sick of it. Hell, we paid 200 and more Ä/$ for this awesome handheld, it's not a f***** controller, sony needs to understand this.

They do understand it's not a controller. You can't do remote play on your DS4.
#7EpicMickeyDrewPosted 7/14/2014 5:25:32 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8MivoPosted 7/14/2014 5:37:17 AM
EpicMickeyDrew posted...
You can't fire him he's the head person.

He doesn't privately own Sony, so he can be fired. (But I doubt he expresses just his personal opinion anyway.)
#9hustlin_pimpstePosted 7/14/2014 5:50:43 AM
ServantOfErieos posted...
Remote Play may remove the market for AAA titles on the PlayStation Vita, Sony Computer Entertainment president Andrew House has said.

Speaking to IGN, he said that remote play was still in the early stages, but already it had the potential to change what people bought on their PlayStation Vitas.

These two paragraphs are really head scratching .. so first he says that RP may remove AAA from the Vita market and then he says RP may change what people buy for their Vitas.

Yes, having no games will drastically change what I buy on my Vita .. ie, games. This man is a lunatic.
---
CHEEKI BREEKI!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh_p20lHqtA
#10inFAMOUSJakeyPosted 7/14/2014 6:12:25 AM
My question is why are they keep mentioning this over and over?

Didn't lots of vita owners expressed their feeling about Remoteplay is not why they bought the device?
---
YouTube-inFAMOUSJakey
PSN-inFAMOUSJakey 3DS FC: 1693-2004-2756