What are some obscure or really weird games you want to see ported to the Vita?

#1Lucretia_MercesPosted 7/14/2014 7:10:49 AM
Thought this would be a fun topic idea. :-)

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds - I'm a massive fan of the Buffyverse and I was surprised by how fun this game was. It had an interesting story with one of the best recurring characters as the main antagonist. Nice diversity in characters. Making Sid playable was just brilliant. The gameplay wasn't very complex, but it was enjoyable nonetheless. The game also had fantastic voice acting.

Odama - One of the weirdest, yet most surprisingly fun games I've ever played. Its part real-time strategy and part pinball set in feudal Japan. Since the Vita has a microphone and gyroscopic controls I could see the controls being more intuitive.

Champions of Norrath/Return to Arms - This isn't necessarily obscure nor weird, just a game that definitely deserves a Vita version. The series are isometric DRPGs like Diablo set in the world of Everquest.
---
Most Anticipated Games of 2014: Final Fantasy: Explorers, Freedom Wars, Bayonetta 2, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, Tokyo Shinseiroku.
#2Grimmgamer13Posted 7/14/2014 7:17:58 AM
Jade Empire ( yeah right )

Koudelka

Clock Tower: The First Fear

Shining Force

Brain Dead 13

Snatcher

And I also second the Norrath games.
#3Phloyd456Posted 7/14/2014 7:18:31 AM
Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition, but with no bugs in it. They had it for PSP, but there was always issues. Great game though.
#4hustlin_pimpstePosted 7/14/2014 7:21:00 AM
I know it's not that obscure, but I would love Deadly Premonition on the Vita. Love that game. There was a town meeting and I turned up a bit early and just loitered. Over the next few ingame hours, townsfolk just trickled in one by one to the meeting rather than all just magically appear there. Mind blowing for me, as I love that sort of detail.
---
CHEEKI BREEKI!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh_p20lHqtA
#5dodokikiPosted 7/14/2014 7:25:47 AM
Cho Aniki, this game is a homoerotic side shooter with surreal bosses that are half machine and half man. I love fighting the bosses. Additionally, I enjoyed the ps1 version over the psp, so I hope there will be another one.
---
Jim Ryan: My seven-year-old loves it, please dont be disrespectful about PlayStation Pets.
#6Ultima546Posted 7/14/2014 7:26:25 AM
I would love to see Champions of Norrath also.

As for others,

Okami- It may not be considered obscure, but it would be a perfect fit for the Vita's touchscreen and the fanbase I think would eat it up. Plus the art is gorgeous and Amaterasu is adorable.

Timesplitters- These were some of the most enjoyable shooters I've ever played. They even had mapmakers built-in before most FPS of the time. They're a lot of fun, even just with bots.

War of the Monsters - The original hasn't aged all that well (clunky controls, unused buttons, small roster), but if a modern team took the concept of a 3D monster brawler where you can level entire towns I'd be thrilled. Add in some customization and it would be a nice action-fighter that Sony doesn't really have at this point (PSABR is a blatant copycat and not all that successful anyways).
---
Mutton! Fresh Mutton!
#7gamemaster712Posted 7/14/2014 7:26:41 AM
Deadly premonition, but if ps3 runs it kinda sloppy vita will not cut it.
---
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 3DS FC: 3411-1747-3961 Y: Sean; X: Lily; Serebii 4 Life; OGTG hax breeder/GE PR/KCB
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.
#8nouseravailablePosted 7/14/2014 7:28:16 AM
Wonder Project J2
Twinsen Odissey
Primordia
Goemon 64
Ikaruga
---
They could play the other Bard song live once in a while...
#9falloutbeast101Posted 7/14/2014 7:30:21 AM
Grimmgamer13 posted...
Jade Empire ( yeah right )

Koudelka

Clock Tower: The First Fear

Shining Force

Brain Dead 13

Snatcher

And I also second the Norrath games.

Oh thank you! I was trying to remember the name of that horror RPG i played on PS1 years ago.

Man, i never finished that unforgiving game. Had to restart it 3 times... I gave up eventually...
---
GUST OF WIND DANCE
#10temerrraPosted 7/14/2014 7:33:10 AM
Rule of rose
Haunting ground
Fatal frame 3